Dual Coil 510 Tank Cartomizer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marb

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2011
Portland, OR
Hey all,

I'm in need of replacement "tanks" (only) as I've cracked two recently in my pocket. Looking for the 5ml and 3.5. Didn't see them on site other than the whole setup, if anyone can point me in the right direction or pm me I would appreciate it.
The clear plastic tubes on the 3.5ml tanks are the same diameter as the tubes on the clear EMDCCs. I have no ideas for the 5ml though.
Clear eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartomizer

Attachments

• Photo0146.jpg
    Photo0146.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 45

JimmyJet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2011
Carolinas
Are there other 2-18650 battery mods available other than Krimson Kustoms and Kens Box Mods?

Yes there are but I have no experience with the others. All of these types of mods are hand made. Ken and Krimson both have good reputations for build quality and customer support.

If mega battery life is a priority, these batteries are getting strong reviews from both the vaping and flashlight communities...

Callies Kustoms 3100mAh 18650 Panasonic Batteries

my4jewels

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
May 12, 2011
Maine
I use AW IMR's, and they're 1600mah. I have some AW IC's that are 2900mah, but they don't fit because of the protection circuit making the batt taller. I get anywhere from 1 1/2-2 days from it. It's not as big as you'd think, and I love it.

Nice to here from you. I never imagined you would have such a power plant, LOL. How long does it last between charges? I will check it out. Thanks

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
Yes there are but I have no experience with the others. All of these types of mods are hand made. Ken and Krimson both have good reputations for build quality and customer support.

I had my heart set on one of those two 18650 mods with display but they are both 3amp units and I wanted something in the 3+ range. When Mad Vapes came out with their 3 amp VV with display I decided I could live with the smaller bats and less efficient IC for $60 to $75 less.

I hope to build my own 18650 mod with the Evercool 10amp VV IC discussed in this forum for considerably less than I can buy a 3amp mod. I don't need 10amp but for the price, why not? :)
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/battery-mods/114901-evercool-variable-voltage-mod.html

Errol

Last edited:

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut

Errol

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2010
Salt lake City, Ut
Will boge xl 510 2.0 ohm cartomizers fit the dual coil tank?

Don't know for sure but I doubt it. You may want to write whoever is selling them and ask how long they are. To fit the Smoke Tech tank they need to be 50mm long and I haven't found many that long.

Errol

Marb

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2011
Portland, OR
Will boge xl 510 2.0 ohm cartomizers fit the dual coil tank?
These?
Boge 510 Cartomizer 2.0 Ohm (Black or Stainless) - 5 Pack

If those are the same ones, it says they're 40mm in length, so I doubt they'd work as a direct replacement. I measured a stock flanged carto and it's about 44mm from end to flange and 50mm from end to end (including connector).
Plan B(?): As long as the diameter is the same, you could just cut your tank tube down a little bit - but it would cut your capacity down as well. I wouldn't recommend it if you're using the big one (replacement tubes?); but the small one can be easily replaced with a tube from a clear EMDCC.

EDIT:
SMOKTEK website referenced above said:
These are not the standard XL size that everyone is familiar with (45mm tube, 50mm total).
Meaning, they're too short for an unmodified tank.

Last edited:

robcope

ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2010
Texas
Hey if you don't mind me asking a question. How long do these cartomizers last in the tank mod?

I use mine for between three and five days with 30vg/70pg juice. I rinse, boil and dry them in the oven on 180F for 45 min. I do this three or four times then throw them away. The longest I have used one is twenty days, using the above method.

Fernand

ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2010
Californeea
Hey if you don't mind me asking a question. How long do these cartomizers last in the tank mod?

I use one of the small tanks with the original 1.6 ohm carto on an eGo battery and a big one with the 2 ohm carto on a Provari at 4.5 volts. 91% VG juice always. Haven't had to change the cartos yet, it's been over a month. It's probably significant that i haven't enlarged the hole. I think it's perfect. And BTW VG turns quite thin above room temp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread