• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

e-cig explosion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmic_Glaze

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2016
Anyone here using mech mods?
Yup..
spent a month and a half researching mech mods and safety videos on YouTube and read on forms before I got one. Also had 2 years of building on RTAs and RDAs on regulated mods and still had to learn about all about mechs. It's just a different animal..when I first started vaping over 2 years ago I said I would never use one. Mostly because I didn't understand them. I love the way they look and if I am going to spend a lot of $$ on a mech mod I know they will last... no chip to fail..I instantly fell in love with using a mech.. instant ramp up and smooth vape..

Reactions: Macko

josh1780

Moved On
Apr 27, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple accounts are not permitted on ECF.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
e-cigs don't explode.

( The correct term is 'thermal runaway', btw :D )

The batteries in them do. Just like they do in cellphones ( Galaxy S7), laptops, tablets, and recently, in a headphone.

Batteries have come a long way. Most folks still think in terms of the 'A' and 'AA' non-rechargeable batteries that barely manage to power a flashlight ( or your favourite ...toy :D ) . Like comparing a kid's tricycle with a racing bike...

If you jingle 18650's unprotected with your small change ( happened ) , you shouldn't be surprised when familiy planning options get severly reduced.

If your mod isn't protected, then your knoweldge is your protection.

Know hat you're doing - vape on.

Nice summary!

awabi

Jan 12, 2014
Singapore
Wanna share my near miss experience. I was then using a nemesis clone, somehow auto fired on its own inside my pants pocket... i was in the hawker centre and wondering which shop burnt their food, till I realised it's coming from my pocket... the vape was too hot to the touch, and when I removed the top, the atty was pitch black. Was so lucky the battery was unaffected by the heat.

Not really a battery thing, but wanna stress the dangers of putting vapes in pocket, esp mechs without auto-cutoff function.

Chemical Bromance

Like a Ninja!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2016
Fantasy Island
Don't really plan on using mech mods in the near future! To me vaping is more of a replacement for me when I quit smoking..the sad part is that i can only vape at home, just curious any bros here bring their PV out?
I have my kit with me almost all the time. Just be discreet where you vape.

Reactions: The_Wong
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread