E-Liquid flavorings blocked by insurance companies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

duc916

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Nor Cal
I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but it's the first I'd heard of it. I sent a Facebook message to the manufacturer of my favorite juice, over a delay in shipping. The response I got was that they were no longer able to obtain a specific flavoring in its recipe because that particular flavoring company's insurance blocked them from selling to all E-juice vendors. What the...? Has anyone else heard anything similar? How can juice vendors provide a product if insurance companies can legally do this?

skoony

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2013
saint paul,mn,usa
I'm not sure if this has been brought up before, but it's the first I'd heard of it. I sent a Facebook message to the manufacturer of my favorite juice, over a delay in shipping. The response I got was that they were no longer able to obtain a specific flavoring in its recipe because that particular flavoring company's insurance blocked them from selling to all E-juice vendors. What the...? Has anyone else heard anything similar? How can juice vendors provide a product if insurance companies can legally do this?
I think what they are saying is their Insurance company told them for liability issues
they would not cover them unless they dropped that product. More likely the Insurance
company said they would cover them for a whole lot more of this.(your current bank balance x 2)
I can't remember the specifics but,issues similar to this have come up.
Check and see if you can find some third party flavor vendors that might carry it.
They might not sell to e-juice vendors as a policy but,after they sell it to a third party
non-e-juice vendor their liability is void in most cases.
Regards
mike

Reactions: Foggy Road

duc916

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2012
Nor Cal
They were probably buying from Silver Cloud Estates - they are quite specific about not selling their flavors to ecig companies. What juice co was it and what was the juice name they can no longer sell?
Eliq Cube's Ooober Goober, flavoring is 'ube'. I've tried many clones of Oober, all fail miserably.

JavaJunkie

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2011
Virginia
Has anyone else heard anything similar?

Yes, several flavor vendors will no longer work with the vaping industry.

How can juice vendors provide a product if insurance companies can legally do this?

Adapt. Find a flavor match from another flavor vendor. Retire the flavor. Change the flavor.

We should be ready that some flavor companies will completely step out of vaping industry due to complete disclosure of the product ingredients, including components of flavor, which will come with TPD regulation and would in fact mean to disclose their own recipes magic to the government bodies in particular country. As many of them sells in food industry also, this would be a risk they will not go ...

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
of all the relatively popular flavors out there, I'd bet that less than 10% (and probably less than 1%) contain no METALS.

Typical natural foodstuffs will contain some sort of metals, for example some iron, sodium, potassium, magnesium, calcium, lithium; the trouble with this stuff in eliquids is the metals will not be able to evaporate; the metals will contribute to the gunking of coils and when you dryburn, the metals form the compounds that make the ash that is left.

Then there are other elements that are probably not a great thing to have in your eliquid, such as phosphorous, sulphur, chlorine, because of the compounds they might form if there's burning;

I think smokeyjoe mentioned something recently about a line of eliquids coming out with synthetic flavors, specifically designed for vaping.

Reactions: Tommy-Chi

Oliver

ECF Founder, formerly SmokeyJoe
Admin
Verified Member
This has been going on for years - quite a few flavor companies have stopped supplying the vapor industry. Others have become much more selective over their partners.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    The US government recently tried using the banking industry to go after guns. ???

They did the same thing to vape industry already. That's why no US vendor takes Paypal and why all shops and online stores have to pay out the nice for a "high risk" merchant account. Just like gun shops.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Yes. To be more clear, what the juice vendor is trying to say was that the insurance company that the flavor company uses for their business/product liability insurance will no longer cover any liability issues that arise from a person who vapes their flavoring and suffers from it.

This will be happening more and more. If the elite cannot get us one way, they will get us another way.

XeniaVaper

Aug 13, 2015
    Lloyds of London were the first major insurer to stop their clients supplying flavors to the industry. It caused a big shift in the supply chain about 18 months ago.
    wtf?? I may be thinking of another company I suppose, bit I don't think so...
    Lloyds of London is famous for insuring anything. Except apparently e cigs. So sick of big business, big government. I'm ready for a zombie apocalypse.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    I know this is going to result in great flaming, but I very much am in favor of Marxism.
    Doubtful you'll get flamed, but you never know.
    :)

EDITED TO ADD...
    Back when I was in college some 30 years ago I believed in some form of equitable division of goods, until I realized that there were lots of things wrong with that idea. Progress would slow to a snail's pace without motivation to produce more than the next person. And there are a whole lot of people who would produce nothing at all, given the chance.

Last edited:

XeniaVaper

Aug 13, 2015
    then those people wouldn't eat...
    yeah,I understand that the greedy, self serving nature is very counterproductive to the idea. But I don't think progress would be quite so affected, after all the people responsible for such invasions and production are typically wage laborers, and not the ones actually making the capital from the effort.
    definitely, it would affect productivity, at least initially, as people who are used to the capitalistic model fight. But, honestly if progress has to be equal to the exploitation of the masses, then I think we have made enough

bigdancehawk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 27, 2010
    Kansas City, Missouri
    then those people wouldn't eat...
    yeah,I understand that the greedy, self serving nature is very counterproductive to the idea. But I don't think progress would be quite so affected, after all the people responsible for such invasions and production are typically wage laborers, and not the ones actually making the capital from the effort.
    definitely, it would affect productivity, at least initially, as people who are used to the capitalistic model fight. But, honestly if progress has to be equal to the exploitation of the masses, then I think we have made enough
    Wut?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread