EGO TANK LR atomizer review.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ournature

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
bologna, ITALY
What Ovale says about LR t-atties is not that incorrect,
i'm using the LR version from about a week now and if i compare it to a NEW standard T-atty their performance is pretty similar.
Vapor is a tiny bit warmer and its texture is a little different, flavour is comparable,
i wouldn't say one is better than the other, i like both.
LR is cheaper though..

Rob Ril

Feb 13, 2010
United States
Ok, so I've been using one for a few days now, since the 26th....um, lol, oh ok, that's 4 days plus (February is hard to count).
I'm still not feeling the atty get much warmer than the normal version. I'm using pure pg so maybe that's not clogging it down. Also, the hit time is really 3 seconds (2-3 if you want) so it doesn't get a whole lot of time to get super hot. I just tried taking a 5 second hit, which would be normal on a standard version, and it choked the hell out of me. The atty is now warm too. Maybe that's what everyone's talking about. Anyway, my biggest complaint with the regular resistance was how long I had to take hits. 3 seconds was impossible. I don't have a clean one to count, but I think I remember most being 6-7 second hits. So if the LR versions hold up, they're definitely worth the simplicity. They do taste better also.

ournature

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
bologna, ITALY
Ok, so I've been using one for a few days now, since the 26th....um, lol, oh ok, that's 4 days plus (February is hard to count).
I'm still not feeling the atty get much warmer than the normal version. I'm using pure pg so maybe that's not clogging it down. Also, the hit time is really 3 seconds (2-3 if you want) so it doesn't get a whole lot of time to get super hot. I just tried taking a 5 second hit, which would be normal on a standard version, and it choked the hell out of me. The atty is now warm too. Maybe that's what everyone's talking about. Anyway, my biggest complaint with the regular resistance was how long I had to take hits. 3 seconds was impossible. I don't have a clean one to count, but I think I remember most being 6-7 second hits. So if the LR versions hold up, they're definitely worth the simplicity. They do taste better also.

If you want a warmer vapor using this LR just hit the button 1-2 sec before drawing.
Or draw for one sec without inhaling, let escape the one sec vapor while continuing pushing the button, then make a proper longer draw.

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
so after 4 days of using the LR atty I'm getting burnt hits. About the same duration it took for my regular attys. I'm so over the tank. Luckily I have my Omega and Infinity delivered today. I have three more spare tank attys; I will use the tank when I'm out and about in public.

I know I can probably clean the LR atty and get it working again, but 4 days ?! What a friggen joke!

ournature

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
bologna, ITALY
so after 4 days of using the LR atty I'm getting burnt hits. About the same duration it took for my regular attys. I'm so over the tank. Luckily I have my Omega and Infinity delivered today. I have three more spare Tank attys; I will use the tank when I'm out and about in public.

I know I can probably clean the LR atty and get it working again, but 4 days ?! What a friggen joke!

how many milliliters you vape per day?
i vape around 6ml and it usually takes 4-5 days before the need of a cleaning.
Let's say about every 25-30ml.
If you do clean them when they need to they will perform good for at least 1-2 months (standards, do not know about LR's) then they will start fading out..

Last edited:

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
As an aside.. and a data point: the resistance on my primary LR T-atty has dropped from 1.8Ω to 1.6Ω. This does not surprise me, and I was expecting it. The liquid that I use in it (Ecopure based with Lorann flavorings) is mildly conductive, and the caramelized residue that it leaves behind is also conductive. Over time..... it slowly reduces the resistance of my atomizers (which can ultimately lead to eGo class battery failure if I don't monitor it). When this atty gets down to 1.5Ω I will do a dry-burn cleaning on it, which usually brings the resistance back up to "as shipped" factory levels.

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
how many milliliters you vape per day?
i vape around 6ml and it usually takes 4-5 days before the need of a cleaning.
Let's say about every 25-30ml.
If you do clean them when they need to they will perform good for at least 1-2 months (standards, do not know about LR's) then they will start fading out..

Interesting. I do vape about the same amount as you. So I guess a cleaning after 4-5 days is normal then? How do you clean them? Alcohol? Do you dry burn? Last time I dry burned I fried the wick I think..

Scottbee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 18, 2009
Okauchee Lake, WI
Interesting. I do vape about the same amount as you. So I guess a cleaning after 4-5 days is normal then? How do you clean them? Alcohol? Do you dry burn? Last time I dry burned I fried the wick I think..

"Frying the wick" is a virtual impossibility. You can expose that sucker to a direct flame.. until it glows red-hot.. and it will come out of it unscathed.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Mine came in this morning. - First impressions: Underwhelmed.

Slightly warmer vapor. Slightly more vapor. Flavor unchanged. Tighter draw. Tighter tank fit (probably due to the paint job - my regular tank attys are stainless no paint and these TW LR attys have some overspray from the paint job around the lip). Needle appears to be slightly smaller but is tapered and therefore is not a V1 style. It does ohm out just above 1.7.

One came with an insane amount of primer. The cellophane wrapper was literally dripping with primer and the outside of the atty looked just like it had been dipped in oil.

If these last, they're worth it for being less expensive. if they do not last, I'll chalk it up to another learning experience of wasting money and time... and I have a lot of those experiences behind me already so no big deal.

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
Wow! They're out!!! I haven't been watching!! But, have been waiting!

but... And I'm sorry if this has been discussed already, but I have to rush off.

I'm happily vaping with Boge LR cartos. I liked the performance and ease of use of the ego-t, but as a lot of you the TH and warmth wasn't enought for me. So, I've been anxiosouly awaiting the LR tank atomizers. But...

Am I reading from this that the LR T atomizers won't come close to the TH I get from the LR (2 ohm) Boges?

Thanks.

(for those that might be looking into ego-Ts, my wife LOVES them with her coffee juice. She doesn't need a strong TH and the ease of use and consistancy is the best!)

ournature

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2009
bologna, ITALY
Slightly warmer vapor. Slightly more vapor. Flavor unchanged. Tighter draw. Tighter tank fit (probably due to the paint job - my regular tank attys are stainless no paint and these TW LR attys have some overspray from the paint job around the lip). Needle appears to be slightly smaller but is tapered and therefore is not a V1 style. It does ohm out just above 1.7.

yep, slightly more and warmer vapor and similar flavour is what i get from these LR tankies.
That is why i like them, i'm not a fan of LR's and i understand that they might not be enough hot for LR's 'purists'.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
Am I reading from this that the LR T atomizers won't come close to the TH I get from the LR (2 ohm) Boges?

In my opinion, the TH is more juice dependent with the tank system than an other PV I've used. Some juices that give me a pretty good (but not great) TH on a 510 produce a much milder TH from the ego-t. But, my best TH juices do pretty well in the tank and compare pretty well to how they do from my standard 510s... And, i guess I have to say that my favorite one is little bit better with the LR (I've only had time to try 3 flavors today)... Though I find it to be an acceptable and relatively powerful TH, I don't think it is in the same ball park as my 306 by any means.

hope that helps. Eleven bucks will get you one to try in your wife's ego-t. At worst, your wife ends up with a spare atty. At best, you might like it with your best juices.

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
As far as i've seen, it's just TW so far. judging by some of the responses I've gotten from other inquiries, I really don't think everyone is going to jump on the bandwagon. For instance: "Joe magma" (volcanos facebook entity) had this to say in response to a question about LR attys for the inferno-t

"[...] you don't need a low ohms atty. Tankomizer is perfect. Low ohms tankomizers have failed miserably [...]"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread