Eleaf iStick "pico"

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
at your 6mls a day i am using my mod 500% (or x's 5) of your daily clicks.. i dont think watts matter in this case because my boards are still working. 1 power button is 'stuck' on pico A but not on pico B.

usb ports on 2 of my picos could be me or the mod or a combination of both,, and others have noted the same problem.

based on my abuse 30mls to 50mls a day/ clicks a day to your use of 5 or 6 mls a day/clicks per day,, you might be able to get 2.5 to 3 years out of the mod,, heck maybe even more.
It's been a life long habit of mine to go easy on equipment. Because of the government interference threat I'm always thinking about how to make my vape stuff last and trying to make my vaping habits compatiible with long service life of the things that might not be easy to replace. If the fire button mechanism and 510 threading hold up well mods may last quite a few years-until the oled screen goes dark. And it's quite possible that all three will be replacable if there's no alternative.

Reactions: Fullknight

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods

MuttleyAni.gif

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca
I recently retired one of my Picos...it started auto firing, scared the heck outta me the first time it did it, I'd take a draw and she kept on firing when I released the button...I quickly unscrewed the Kayfun and all was fine. The button feels fine, no slop or anything else feeling out of place, sure glad this happened while it was attended.

I was hoping a firmware update would fix it...it didn't, anybody else ever have this happen to one of these ?

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
I recently retired one of my Picos...it started auto firing, scared the heck outta me the first time it did it, I'd take a draw and she kept on firing when I released the button...I quickly unscrewed the Kayfun and all was fine. The button feels fine, no slop or anything else feeling out of place, sure glad this happened while it was attended.

I was hoping a firmware update would fix it...it didn't, anybody else ever have this happen to one of these ?
The most I've encountered is the wattage flipping down a notch (for example from 14 to 13.9) after taking the tank off and replacing it, after a fill. No big deal, but it drove me pretty crazy. I upgraded the firmware and then downgraded to the original and it fixed it. Not sure if it's a fix for you, but I thought I'd report it.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
The most I've encountered is the wattage flipping down a notch (for example from 14 to 13.9) after taking the tank off and replacing it, after a fill. No big deal, but it drove me pretty crazy. I upgraded the firmware and then downgraded to the original and it fixed it. Not sure if it's a fix for you, but I thought I'd report it.
I think it was my 2nd Pico did this in watts mode. Kinda concerned me at first but just shrugged my shoulders after a few times. Since finally makin the switch to TC I've had no issues. Only button I touch anymore is the fire button

Reactions: IMRs

IMRs

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
Penn's woods
I think it was my 2nd Pico did this in watts mode. Kinda concerned me at first but just shrugged my shoulders after a few times. Since finally makin the switch to TC I've had no issues. Only button I touch anymore is the fire button
Cool, I think once you tweak the firmware, it does something for the best. :)

Reactions: Foggy Road

TruSound

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2011
Granada Hills, Ca

Mine has a much more dangerous problem and firmware isn't the issue, it auto-fired using both the original firmware and the updated version...thanks though.

I have to pickup the tiny torx bit to disassemble it for a through cleaning, TBC.

KTMRider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2014
NJ

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

kross8

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 20, 2016
stuck in a squishy pod called my brain

gerrymi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
The 'Burgh, PA.
I got mine of eBay but it's essentially the same price on Amazon for $11

I don't pay for Amazon Prime...thus I often would have to pay shipping on Amazon...

However...with the "Invisible Hand" add-on for Firefox...when I go to an Amazon item a drop-down menu appears that shows me current prices at other sites...

[The cheapest price is usually eBay...usually with FREE shipping.]

User Info for InvisibleHand :: Add-ons for Firefox

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
So TC on the pico is reliable and functions well? Is that the consensus?

I have a kBox mini 75W and haven't been pleased with it's behavior in TC. I am going to try again with the RBA after I get some SS wire, but if it still stinks I may get the pico.
I'm fairly new to TC. Have only used my Picos and a Smok in TC mode and only with SS. The Picos do fine the Smok sucks. Matter of fact the Smok just plain sucks all around. Except as a good battery charger for my Picos.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I like my big and little Aliens. The Alien is nice and small for a 2 battery mod, and until like this week, the AL85 was the only form factor like Pico that could fit a 25 mm tank without overhang. Both do suck at TC, and are used accordingly. Which is OK as I do still have some tanks that only take/offer (without an RBA) Kanthal. My TC builds rarely see those mods.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com

I have a kBox mini 75W and haven't been pleased with it's behavior in TC. I am going to try again with the RBA after I get some SS wire, but if it still stinks I may get the pico.
For me they do. Granted, I don't use my Picos as much as my rx200, Alien, or Predator. The tc on Wismec/Eleaf/Joyetech mods works much better than the tc on the Alien.

Sent from my K6000 Pro using Tapatalk

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014

I switched to TC 2 years ago. These days I'm vaping on a pico at "low" watts with an older rda 99% of the time. The form factor is what I'm looking for and it runs Arctic Fox firmware. It's doubtful any mod is going to interest me that doesn't run AF.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread