Missouri
Saw where this was going last year. In fact told my Indiana relatives
last year what was going to be happening eventually. That's why I
never got into big box mods, mechs, anything bigger than ego sized, or
high watts. I'm perfectly content on an ego or vv4 vaping at 4 volts with
an e-smart clearo. Also started downward journey on nic. Tried to jump
from 12 to 6 and was ready to kill people so I went back to 12 and am
now going down 1 or 2 mg. at a time for a few months at each level until
I can consistently vape lower nic all day long. If the ANTZ and FDA etc.
get their way before I'm at my goal, I'm pretty stoked to just walk
from it. After all the dust settles I expect them to then go after something
else I consume like soda or sugar, but until the people wake up
that's just part of life I guess.
Over 2 years vaping, yay.

Last edited:

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Saw where this was going last year. In fact told my Indiana relatives
last year what was going to be happening eventually. That's why I
never got into big box mods, mechs, anything bigger than ego sized, or
high watts. I'm perfectly content on an ego or vv4 vaping at 4 volts with
an e-smart clearo. Also started downward journey on nic. Tried to jump
from 12 to 6 and was ready to kill people so I went back to 12 and am
now going down 1 or 2 mg. at a time for a few months at each level until
I can consistently vape lower nic all day long. If the ANTZ and FDA etc.
get their way before I'm at my goal, I'm pretty stoked to just walk
from it. After all the dust settles I expect them to then go after something
else I consumer like soda or sugar, but until the people wake up
that's just part of life I guess.
Over 2 years vaping, yay.

I'm handling my slow reduction of WTA the same way, down one percentage point a month; I'm halfway there! :thumb: Doing it this way gets my brain accustomed slowly to very gradually lowered amounts, so it doesn't have a hissy fit and bellow MUST SMOKE NOW! :D Got about 3.5 or 4 yrs of nic stored already and still adding, so I'm not as worried about the nic right now, I'll deal with that when I'm safely off the WTA and not having cravings at all.

Hardware-wise, I've acquired 2 mechs, since they tend to last a great deal longer than anything electronic; ATM I use a Kick in them, and I got 3 additional kicks in that awesome sale at hoosierecigs, so I can be sure that for a while at least, I'll be able to vape in a manner similar to my regulated mods, if/when they become dysfunctional and I can't get more, or not for a price I can actually afford. Some of the precautions may turn out to be unnecessary -- I dearly hope! -- but I'd rather have and not need, than need and not have. Of course I have 4 RTAs and 3 fairly decent RDAs, so I think I can probably weather whatever is coming, at least for a while.

Andria

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I'm stockpiling for the "vapocalypse" that seems to be making its way to Indiana :p

I have wire, cotton, DIY supplies and a new mech with kicks. I have mods with internal batteries and mods with replaceable batteries. I, too, pray that the worst doesn't happen.

Smoking was as much "hand-to-mouth" as anything for me. I'm already a "bit" overweight, so I would probably have to be committed to a softly-padded cell if I couldn't vape.

Reactions: AndriaD

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I'm stockpiling for the "vapocalypse" that seems to be making its way to Indiana :p

I have wire, cotton, DIY supplies and a new mech with kicks. I have mods with internal batteries and mods with replaceable batteries. I, too, pray that the worst doesn't happen.

Smoking was as much "hand-to-mouth" as anything for me. I'm already a "bit" overweight, so I would probably have to be committed to a softly-padded cell if I couldn't vape.

When I first quit, I didn't have any weight gain, then I actually lost some weight when I was ill... but my radically altered metabolism has caused me to gain back too much, probably about 15 lbs I'd rather not have -- lately my husband and I have started taking a walk, and since we live on a hill, it's also good exercise for my poor lungs, to try and get them into some kind of reasonable shape -- along with my waistline, hopefully. :D But I can go about twice as far up a hill now without becoming winded, as when I smoked, so that's definitely progress. :thumb:

Andria

Caro123

Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia
don't know if I will quit vaping only been doing it not quite three months, smoked for 40 plus years with a little five year stint of quitting didn't intend to quit smoking (over my dead body) SO who knows because I don't if I did I would NOT part with my gear because it would be a very dumb move on my part to go back to smokes - don't feel the urge -but impossible for me to know what the future holds.

Bootiewootsy

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2014
Port Orange, Florida, USA
I never picked up a cigarette after I purchased the vap kit.. My husband still has about six cigarettes a day and I have to leave the room as it smells so bad to me now.. I don't think I will quit vaping as I enjoy the flavors and I seem to have the hand to mouth addiction... I don't care for tobacco but love the fruit flavors and coffee..
I have the wta for my husband hoping that will help him, but at the present he is facing some health issues, so I am not pushing him on anything.. One has to make up their own mind.
I have never regretted my decision.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
I never picked up a cigarette after I purchased the vap kit.. My husband still has about six cigarettes a day and I have to leave the room as it smells so bad to me now.. I don't think I will quit vaping as I enjoy the flavors and I seem to have the hand to mouth addiction... I don't care for tobacco but love the fruit flavors and coffee..
I have the wta for my husband hoping that will help him, but at the present he is facing some health issues, so I am not pushing him on anything.. One has to make up their own mind.
I have never regretted my decision.

The WTA is really only useful if one discovers that nicotine alone is just not enough; I don't recommend that anyone start out with it, because then you'll never know if it was necessary or not. It won't do a single thing for psychological addiction; only for the physical dependence on the minor alkaloids. By far, most people do just fine with just nicotine -- in fact I did very well without it, my first time around; it was the digestive uproar of my appendectomy and recovery from it that made WTA necessary.

Andria

Bootiewootsy

ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2014
Port Orange, Florida, USA
Thanks Andria, My husband tried vaping when I did, but he missed something in the cigarette, So I decided to get him some WTA and add a few drops to the juice and maybe that will help him, but at present I haven't till he is ready and after the health issues.. Glad you are better and hope things keep going in the right direction for you. I see you have asthma the same as I have.. I also have so many allergies, but have had them since I was a child.. I even have a nebulizer that I use most days also.. I smoked pack and half of Virgina Slims 120s for almost 40 years.. I quite once and had the hyperventilation so bad that I couldn't hardly make a bed.. My Dr. hung his head and said it was the menthol that helped me breath as it killed the cilla hair.. well I went back to smoking and felt really well.. Then a year ago, I really hated the expense they had become. I was spending a huge amount on them.. We are on a limited income, being retired so I decided that we could use the money better than the ash tray...
I enjoy the fruit flavors and make my own juice, usually by putting spices or what ever in pg for some time.. I rarely purchase juice.. as I want to know what is in them...
Nice to hear from you.

Reactions: Caro123

Joe614

Apr 15, 2015
I agree Andria and I'm glad you could quit. Only the uneducated people say I never really quit smoking. Vaping is different. I've quite and restarted smoking like 3 or 4 times now, but after graduating college I'm done for good now. Hasn't been easy always I'll admit. Like people are always telling me when they walked past a burning cig they hate the smell and if they tried one I hated it. I don't have that. I'll admit when I pass a burning cig I still crave them sometimes. I would try wta but I can't afford that. Might go back to NETs

We are almost in the same exact situation. Smoking was largely a social thing for me. Standing outside college with the rest of your pals etc.. But finally I have quit for an entire year now.

There have been only like 2-3 times in the past year when I thought someone smoking a cigarette smelled good. When I was on and off between vaping and smoking, those first couple regular cigarettes tasted like nothing but pure chemicals. I am never, ever going to go back to that.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Thanks Andria, My husband tried vaping when I did, but he missed something in the cigarette, So I decided to get him some WTA and add a few drops to the juice and maybe that will help him, but at present I haven't till he is ready and after the health issues.. Glad you are better and hope things keep going in the right direction for you. I see you have asthma the same as I have.. I also have so many allergies, but have had them since I was a child.. I even have a nebulizer that I use most days also.. I smoked pack and half of Virgina Slims 120s for almost 40 years.. I quite once and had the hyperventilation so bad that I couldn't hardly make a bed.. My Dr. hung his head and said it was the menthol that helped me breath as it killed the cilla hair.. well I went back to smoking and felt really well.. Then a year ago, I really hated the expense they had become. I was spending a huge amount on them.. We are on a limited income, being retired so I decided that we could use the money better than the ash tray...
I enjoy the fruit flavors and make my own juice, usually by putting spices or what ever in pg for some time.. I rarely purchase juice.. as I want to know what is in them...
Nice to hear from you.

Heh, I smoked for 39 yrs, and the last 30, Virginia Slims, and I moved to the 120s the day after they came out, I think. :D I smoked about a pk a day the last few years, just because they got so blasted expensive, that was all I could afford -- with the 120s, I could smoke each one twice -- half at a time. :D I think I started on the Va slims lights when I first switched to the slims, but had to switch to the ultra-lights about 20 yrs ago just to keep from coughing up a lung with every puff. I quit by vaping MyFreedomSmokes' "Virginia", their regular high-PG blend -- nearest ejuice to the taste of the slims I've found, but after about 4-5 months of it, shortly after my recovery from relapse, I found I didn't even like it anymore, and switched to blueberry muffin -- now strawberry & cream, and another that's sort of a sweet pipe tobacco with coffee and chocolate -- all DIY, because I'm not going to pay .50 or 1.00 for ejuice that I could make at home, and even better -- my own specs for nic level and PG/VG and sweetener, plus the WTA.

You're definitely right about the expense; for the last several years, everytime I'd sit down to figure out the budget, pre-payday, I'd just gnash my teeth at the unavoidable expense of cigarettes for half a month -- when I found a viable alternative, I was done with those nasty extortionate things!

Andria

ian-field

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Hertfordshire
When I first quit, I didn't have any weight gain, then I actually lost some weight when I was ill... but my radically altered metabolism has caused me to gain back too much, probably about 15 lbs I'd rather not have -- lately my husband and I have started taking a walk, and since we live on a hill, it's also good exercise for my poor lungs, to try and get them into some kind of reasonable shape -- along with my waistline, hopefully. :D But I can go about twice as far up a hill now without becoming winded, as when I smoked, so that's definitely progress. :thumb:

Andria

Take up cycling - the sense of achievment from having travelled much further spurs you on to do even more.

There's also those small trips to the shop where getting the car out seems like a hassle.

Reactions: mauricem00

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Take up cycling - the sense of achievment from having travelled much further spurs you on to do even more.

There's also those small trips to the shop where getting the car out seems like a hassle.

ix-nay on cycling. I haven't been on a bike in 4 decades, and I'm quite sure my asthma could never deal with it -- I'd end up just pushing the bike uphill, so I may as well just stick to walking. :D I'm also sure that any falls off said bike would be a lot more traumatic at 54 than they were at 14. :D

And there is simply no way in hell I would ride a bike on a real road (a road not in a neighborhood). They're a huge hazard, to themselves and all the cars.

Andria

ian-field

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Hertfordshire
ix-nay on cycling. I haven't been on a bike in 4 decades, and I'm quite sure my asthma could never deal with it -- I'd end up just pushing the bike uphill, so I may as well just stick to walking. :D I'm also sure that any falls off said bike would be a lot more traumatic at 54 than they were at 14. :D

And there is simply no way in hell I would ride a bike on a real road (a road not in a neighborhood). They're a huge hazard, to themselves and all the cars.

Andria

A lot of people aren't keen on the idea - but you can get adult size tricycles.

If you can spend the money, you can get pretty wide range gearing for getting up those hills.

Another possibilty is an electric-assist bicycle - but they're not cheap!

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
A lot of people aren't keen on the idea - but you can get adult size tricycles.

If you can spend the money, you can get pretty wide range gearing for getting up those hills.

Another possibilty is an electric-assist bicycle - but they're not cheap!

I really just can't see the point -- I didn't particularly enjoy riding a bike when I was a kid, always had to push it up hills, and I'm pretty sure that the intervening 4 decades would have made it even less enjoyable. Also, the newfangled bikes, the kind where you're practically standing on your head? NO THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! There is just no way I could ride a bike that way and not end up on the pavement, over the top of the handlebars.

Andria

ian-field

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2013
Hertfordshire
I really just can't see the point -- I didn't particularly enjoy riding a bike when I was a kid, always had to push it up hills, and I'm pretty sure that the intervening 4 decades would have made it even less enjoyable. Also, the newfangled bikes, the kind where you're practically standing on your head? NO THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!! There is just no way I could ride a bike that way and not end up on the pavement, over the top of the handlebars.

Andria

My bicycling antics would make you shudder!

Got towed at illegal speed by a motorcycle on at least 2 occasions - and wasn't much better when I got a motorcycle of my own.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
My bicycling antics would make you shudder!

Got towed at illegal speed by a motorcycle on at least 2 occasions - and wasn't much better when I got a motorcycle of my own.

Well, I finally looked over and saw where you are, and biking now makes a lot more sense. It's not sensible at all, here; things are too far apart, and there are far too many cars driving at insane speeds on multi-lane roads all over the place. My husband used to have a motorcycle, and that was pretty fun, but he had a wreck on it and while he went to the ER, some nefarious villain stole it off the side of the road. :facepalm: So now we have a pickup truck, and I much prefer it. :D Power-everything, air conditioning, a great stereo with CD player, and we could haul a lot of crap if necessary. :D That SOOOOOO beats anything on 2 wheels, powered or not. :D

Andria

justinlm24

Apr 13, 2015
ohio
I went from a pack a day smoker for 15 years to a 18 mg nic vaper to a 3 mg nic vaper all in 3 months. I'm still on 3 MG now a month later. Could I go to 0 nic? probably, but I still have slight withdrawals on occasion so for now I'll still with my 3 mg. I don't plan on quitting vaping even if I did go to zero simply bc I enjoy it, so it's really a moot point. obviously I feel vaping is a successful quit smoking method. It worked for me and many others I know so I have no doubts.

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
Heh, I smoked for 39 yrs, and the last 30, Virginia Slims, and I moved to the 120s the day after they came out, I think. :D I smoked about a pk a day the last few years, just because they got so blasted expensive, that was all I could afford -- with the 120s, I could smoke each one twice -- half at a time. :D I think I started on the Va slims lights when I first switched to the slims, but had to switch to the ultra-lights about 20 yrs ago just to keep from coughing up a lung with every puff. I quit by vaping MyFreedomSmokes' "Virginia", their regular high-PG blend -- nearest ejuice to the taste of the slims I've found, but after about 4-5 months of it, shortly after my recovery from relapse, I found I didn't even like it anymore, and switched to blueberry muffin -- now strawberry & cream, and another that's sort of a sweet pipe tobacco with coffee and chocolate -- all DIY, because I'm not going to pay .50 or 1.00 for ejuice that I could make at home, and even better -- my own specs for nic level and PG/VG and sweetener, plus the WTA.

You're definitely right about the expense; for the last several years, everytime I'd sit down to figure out the budget, pre-payday, I'd just gnash my teeth at the unavoidable expense of cigarettes for half a month -- when I found a viable alternative, I was done with those nasty extortionate things!

Andria
Can you give me some tips on DIY. I may get into it eventually. J know you put pg vg nic and food flavorings together. But I don't understand the recipe and everything. You can post on here. But if you can pm about it that would be great. I'm trying to save money but I'll admit idk what I'm doing. I finally got rebuildables down. Next step in this hobby is DIY

Scotticus93

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
Yorktown, Virginia, United States
I wanted to admit to you guys I haven't smoked in a month but the last couple days I have packed a lip of dip. I'm not addicted nicotine anymore but enjoy the effects. I know dip is bad for you too. I might try snus cuz some people said that's not nearly as bad for you. Anyone try this? Sorry if I sound like a failure lol. Just hard to break bad habits sometimes. It's only a lip or two a day tho

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread