exhaustion

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinky

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
PENNSYLVANIA
i really need some help here. i started vaping 2 months ago. i was a 2 pack a day smoker for over 20 yrs. i did well and only smoked 1 pack of analogs over the 2 weeks. after that it was just my ecig. since i started vaping i have gone thru the quit zits, the quitters flu and now i am experiencing deblitiating tiredness. its scary. i can lay down to take a nap and sleep for 6 hours. i wake up tired and just want to go back to sleep. this exhaustion is effecting my work and my life in general. i dont want to quit vaping but maybe ill have to. i dont want to go back to analogs but i dont feel that im strong enough not to. where does this tiredness come from. does it go away. how long does it take. ive been like this for over a month. i need relief. i need to function. has anyone else gone thru this? what did u do? any help or input would be appreciated.

dinky

Rosa

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2010
Beaverton, Oregon!

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Dink,

sounds like you are not using a high enough MG of Nic to me, your body may not be satisfied compared to what it was getting with the real analogs, not sure since you didn't give this detail but maybe post what mg nic your using, if your doing s 6-12mg I would say you need to bump it up a good bit, just a thought, could be totally something different I'm no Doc but just a guess here, 2 packs a day is where I use to be and I had to start at a 36mg to keep me going for a while until I could drop down to 24mg now a couple of years later I'm still hitting the 24mg and just starting to hit 18mg a little bit and want to get it to be my daily Nic level but finding it hard to get there, one day at a time im trying though, just my 2c,,, let us know where your at mg wise ?

dinky

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
PENNSYLVANIA
the thing is that it started shortly after i strated the ecig so im feeling fairly certain that it has to do with vaping as i havent changed anything else in my life. talking to drs really doesnt seem to prove much as they dont understand vaping much if at all.

i did see a tread that discussed exactly this. so apparently others have experienced it too.

just looking for some relief here. im afraid if this doesnt stop soon im going to have to stop all together and go back to life as it used to be so i can function.

dinky

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
PENNSYLVANIA
im pretty much vaping 18. sorry i didnt add that detail. thanks for responding so quicly. im at my wits end here. i understand u ppl arent drs. but i truly beleive the vaping community is going to be more helpful to me than a dr. i was fine before i started vaping as far as the tired went. since then its just gotten worse and worse.

rob5482

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
new york
Dinky welcome to ecf and the world w/o analogs. I know what you are feeling, I went through the same thing. Mine was a tad different besides being tired all the time I found I couldn't get a restful sleep. Lasted about 3 weeks and then started to subside.

I think its a few things actually, one I wasn't taking in enough fluids. I never have, but dehydration is a kick in the teeth when it sets in. You really need to up the fluid intake for that reason, but also to help wash out the toxins the analogs left behind.

Second get yourself a good multi-vitamin. When these toxins leave your body they actually pull minerals and vitamins from you, so you need to replenish them.

Soon you will really start to feel better trust me I am proof e-cigs work. I smoked 2 packs of reds for 25 years, got my joye 510 a month ago and havent touched one since. This is the only time I can say I actually dont NEED an analog.

Bob

dinky

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
PENNSYLVANIA
yes thats it exactly. im a very strong person but this exhaustion is tearing me down to the point i can hardly function. i work 80-100 hours a week. i have a very detailed oriented job. its high stress. i cant make mistakes. i cant miss deadlines. i need to be dead on all the time. no room for error. ive gotta find an answer and i have to do it quickly. the affects are starting to show and its scary. so yup im game for input and im willing to try anything with in reason lol. just need some input because at this point im having trouble thinking.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
How much are you vaping? If you are vaping all the time or a lot more than you smoked then it could actually be too much nicotine. That can cause headache, lightheadedness, rapid heartbeat and other symptoms.

Other than that, drink plenty of fluids and remember to eat. Sometimes vaping is so tasty I forget to get my tea or water or forget to drink it. or sometimes I am vaping a lot and realize I should have a snack instead. And vitamins are not a bad idea.

And if you are using auto batteries maybe try manuals - they are less work.

And are you getting enough good sleep? Some people have trouble sleeping after starting the vape. Oddly some need less/lower nicotine in the evening to be able to sleep. Some need some extra vaping before going to bed. Are you sleeping well?

And this is dumb, but taking apart my ecig before bed was disruptive for me and a bit stressful. I got a totally extra battery so I can leave my ecig set up all night. So assuming I have plugged everything else in to charge earlier, I can take my last drags and go right to bed.

dinky

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
PENNSYLVANIA
i never get good sleep. i have fibromyalgia. ppl with fibro are alwayas tired and have goffy sleep patterns. however this is a whole lot worse than what i was dealing with on a daily basis. nope no headaches or lightheadedness or racing heart or any of it. just full blow if i dont go lay down im going to fall down exhaustion. its like i havent slept for days.

rob5482

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
new york
I am not a Dr by any means but it does sound like you are not getting a restful sleep. Between the fibro and the withdraws from the thousands of other chemicals your not getting your body is like WTF. There is another thing that I have been thinking about as well. Its called the hypoxic drive. Its what makes you breathe. In normal people there are sensors that pick up an increase in co2 (carbon dioxide) in the blood. When it reaches a level you take a breath. Now in smokers we always have a high co2 so our bodies have changed to detect when o2 (oxygen) is low you take a breath. This can also interrupt sleeping patters as your body relearns everything.

dinky

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
PENNSYLVANIA
well it better relearn quick because im about out of options here. i gotta work. i gotta be on track. i cant be sleeping 24/7 or im not going to have a job and wont be able to get a new one unless they pay for sleep studies etc. i seem to be the only one of the 6 of us that have started vaping that is having any problems at all. go figure.... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread