Fast nicotine reduction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arriss

Jun 24, 2015
Central Tx
Was wondering if anyone reduced nicotine from 24mg to zero in less then 3 months. Very strange how my body reacts to nic. I smoked menthols for 38 years, 1 to 2 packs per day. Since I began 24mg vape, I've had to reduce my nic level alot, each time nic level is to high, my chest get's tight, tingling all over my body, like a zillions ants, start feelin dizzy, nauseated. Sometimes I feel like vomiting. I stop vaping for awhile, goes away. I discover nic level to high. Since then each time I reduce nic level the feeling goes away, then returns in a few weeks.

Now I'm experincing the same after puffin 3mg nic past few weeks. Been puffin for approx 15 weeks. My vape manner hasn't changed, just nic level. Another thing is, I cannot vape any menthols, and that's all I smoked for 38 years. A family member only smoked a few years, vapes 18mg no problem for past few months.

Hmmm, gonna mix up some 0 nic tonight.

Anyone else experience thier body rejecting nic after quit smoking ? Is it possible body rejects nicotine, after tossing the analongs ? Any assistance/feedback appreciated.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
I've gradually dropped from 18mg to 3mg over a little over a year. It's been very slow and steady for me. However, now that I'm at 3mg, I can vape 6mg here and there, but I can't handle any higher than that. So, I see where you're coming from for sure, although not as drastic or rapid. Can't imagine how rough a cigarette would seem right now lol.

Reactions: Arriss

Arriss

Jun 24, 2015
Central Tx
Congrats ! Awesome nic reduction. Thanks for sharing. I've talked to a few at vape shops, that reduced to 0 in year or two, but not 3 months. My case must be a rare one, Lol !!! I have no desire to smoke a cigarette at all. Just the thought of a cigarette, makes me gag.

I've gradually dropped from 18mg to 3mg over a little over a year. It's been very slow and steady for me. However, now that I'm at 3mg, I can vape 6mg here and there, but I can't handle any higher than that. So, I see where you're coming from for sure, although not as drastic or rapid. Can't imagine how rough a cigarette would seem right now lol.

Reactions: Caro123

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Congrats ! Awesome nic reduction. Thanks for sharing. I've talked to a few at vape shops, that reduced to 0 in year or two, but not 3 months. My case must be a rare one, Lol !!! I have no desire to smoke a cigarette at all. Just the thought of a cigarette, makes me gag.
Yeah I'd say that's very rare! Congrats to you too that's quite an accomplishment. I know a year ago I thought I'd be at 18mg forever lol. I'm happy right here at 3 though. Gonna stay here for the foreseeable future. I like having at least some throat hit personally. I think it's more that than the actual nicotine. Well, that and I have about 6 months worth of juice in 3mg!

Oregon Linda

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Salem, OR
My story is pretty similar to Dan's. It took me a year to drop from 18 to 3, and that's where I've been for over a year now. I'm sure I could drop down to 0 if I really wanted to, but I really don't feel compelled to toss the nicotine just yet. I like a little bit of zing to my vape, even if it's not much. I feel much calmer and more alert. And I'm pretty aware that it wasn't the nicotine in the cigarettes that was killing me - it was all the other stuff.

Arriss

Jun 24, 2015
Central Tx
Congrats on nic reduction. Thanks for sharing Linda. I debated about asking this question, guess I'm just an oddball. Well, I felt really relaxed puffin on a cig, but total opposite with vape nic. Shared with vape shop, maybe I'm vaping to much, 30-40 ml's a week. Rep shared, I was hardly vaping at all compared to some customers that visit store. Some vape 30/40 ml's per day. I thought Wow !

My story is pretty similar to Dan's. It took me a year to drop from 18 to 3, and that's where I've been for over a year now. I'm sure I could drop down to 0 if I really wanted to, but I really don't feel compelled to toss the nicotine just yet. I like a little bit of zing to my vape, even if it's not much. I feel much calmer and more alert. And I'm pretty aware that it wasn't the nicotine in the cigarettes that was killing me - it was all the other stuff.

Reactions: Oregon Linda

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I started at 18 mg and took nine months to get to zero. I did sometimes get over-niced at 18, but that went away once I got to 12 mg. These days when I vape nic I also find I'm quite sensitive to it and it doesn't take much for me to have symptoms from it. Even 3 mg at 40 watts is too much for me to vape continuously so I just add a few drops to a dripper sometimes. The TH is nice once in a while.

Arriss

Jun 24, 2015
Central Tx
Hi Ryedan. Congrats on nic reduction. Thanks for sharing. Guess vaping really does help ex-smokers stay cig free. In the past, I've tried inhalers, patches, gum to quit, right back to smoking within a week. Reason I'm surprised how fast I reduced nic level with vape. My body is like 38 yrs of nic is enough, Lol !!! Take it easy.

Yeah, problem for me sometimes, I don't know how to put my E cig down.
I started at 18 mg and took nine months to get to zero. I did sometimes get over-niced at 18, but that went away once I got to 12 mg. These days when I vape nic I also find I'm quite sensitive to it and it doesn't take much for me to have symptoms from it. Even 3 mg at 40 watts is too much for me to vape continuously so I just add a few drops to a dripper sometimes. The TH is nice once in a while.

Reactions: Ryedan

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
Hi Ryedan. Congrats on nic reduction. Thanks for sharing. Guess vaping really does help ex-smokers stay cig free. In the past, I've tried inhalers, patches, gum to quit, right back to smoking within a week. Reason I'm surprised how fast I reduced nic level with vape. My body is like 38 yrs of nic is enough, Lol !!! Take it easy.

Yeah, problem for me sometimes, I don't know how to put my E cig down.
What do you mean, put ecig down? Never heard of that.

heytiger

Apr 18, 2015
Mitten
I smoked my last cig on April 17th 2015, this the day I bought my first set up.
I was able to try Vaping the first time on April 13th, 2015, the Juice was a 20nic.
Whew

My first juice I didn't know what to buy, I chose a 18nic. 29 yrs smoking.
It was too high. I realized it by the side effects within a short time.
Sleeplessness and anxiety. I dropped to a 12nic in less than a week.
This was where I found my groove. I was much happier.

Then came within Vaping a 12nic, it too was riding on me, that I began
incorporating new bottles at 6nic. I was flipping back and forth between the two.
This to be, Id say week 4, that I dropped to a 6nic.

Then, I was well why not start incorporating juices at a 3nic.
I then was on a straight 3nic. This to be week 6. Wrong.
I was vaping like a fiend, burning through juice like a jonsing junkie.
I realized it was just enough yet not enough nicotine, that it tipped me over.

I went back to a 6nic. I am vaping a 6 right now. 9 1/2 weeks - from a 18
sort of, to present day a 6. Not sure when or if I will hit another plateau
to reduce down to a 3 again. I felt worse vaping a 3nic than I did vaping a 12nic.
It's all a process. Every body is different, we're not all alike.

I have to remind myself that my body is " detoxing" from 29 yrs of smoking the Man's tobacco.

Never Again;) Nope - It can't have me, I quit.
T

Caterpiller

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 3, 2015
Malaysia
I've been vaping for 3 months now at 12mg. Mainly tootlepuffing RTA's.

I have some 6mg I use in my dripper, but although the flavour is improved I don't find it satisfies my nic cravings for more than 30 minutes.

I'm still just as addicted to nic as ever, but that's fine by me. Nic addiction is not a problem if I can stay off anologs.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Congrats on nic reduction. Thanks for sharing Linda. I debated about asking this question, guess I'm just an oddball. Well, I felt really relaxed puffin on a cig, but total opposite with vape nic. Shared with vape shop, maybe I'm vaping to much, 30-40 ml's a week. Rep shared, I was hardly vaping at all compared to some customers that visit store. Some vape 30/40 ml's per day. I thought Wow !

Nah, it's really not that much; I probably vape about 40ml a week, and I neither chainvape nor cloud chase.

Andria

cocacola31173

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2012
United States
The only time I truly felt bad was the first month of vaping. Even at 18 mg I had crazy withdrawls. This strengthen my belief that nicotine was not the bad guy here. I think that first month I was withdrawing form who knows what that is in cigarettes. I am now at 3 mg nic and the cravings went away a few months after I started vaping...even at 12 mg...I have tried 0 nic but like the taste that the little bit of nic that I use gives to the juice. I just love that I am not hooked anymore. I can go out and not worry about where to vape because the desire is not there.

I mainly save it for home where I can sit and relax and savor the flavor of my liquid. I do vape in the car sometimes but that is out of boredom...its either vape or eat and I def don't need to eat! LOL

Big Me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2014
England
I went from 24mg down to 2mg in about 4 months. I'm now using 1mg liquid that I mix myself.

For me, the nicotine reduction did coincide with me upgrading from the basic ego/CE4 to Mini Nautilus... iStick... single coil RTA... M65... dual coil RTA... dual coil RDA, etc.

And my liquid consumption also increased but has started to settle back down again (though still higher than the 3ml/day I initially began with. Lol)

GinnyTx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2014
Pearland, TX
I started at 24mg too..that jump from 12 mg to 6mg was just too much for me...I craved ciggies..so I keep mostly 12mg, some 6mg for chain vaping a year later..and the second year I'll attempt the taper, I keep some 0mg in the flavors we like to mix with the 12's ..some bottles Iv'e got 10, some 8.

Congrats like you 35+ years on menthols..but that was too big a jump for me..my goal was a year plus later to be off ciggies and the vape. But I think tackling the vape this year is a more realistic goal for me..Ed mentioned quitting vaping the other day and what I felt first was a little panic honestly..I like my nicotine (clearly... that's why I smoked all those years)

so we'll see.

coolerat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2015
Verona,NY
I don't like the taste of high nic but 18 mg was the only thing that kept me smoke free. Soon as I got decent equipment 18 knocked my socks off.

Got on 12 and thought that's where I'd stay forever. I have no plans to get off nic completely. Then I got better stuff and 12 was to much.

Now I'm at 6 and pretty happy but thinking 3 might be better.

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
I don't like the taste of high nic but 18 mg was the only thing that kept me smoke free. Soon as I got decent equipment 18 knocked my socks off.

Got on 12 and thought that's where I'd stay forever. I have no plans to get off nic completely. Then I got better stuff and 12 was to much.

Now I'm at 6 and pretty happy but thinking 3 might be better.
3 is great once you get there, flavor is amazing and just so smooth. It's quite a difference though. I definitely vape more at 3mg, but I think that'll level out. I keep 1 tank with a 6mg still, have a couple bottles of 6. Once I get through those it's all 3mg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread