Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
:lol::lol::lol: I know exactly what you are talking about! I used to get so frustrated when I saw a really tasty recipe that called for a super concentrate flavor. "Who's super concentrated flavor?!" I would shout at myself. Needless to say I felt like I was part of an Abbot & Costello skit when I finally asked!

Like I mentioned in the previous post, I don't know if SC has production issues or if they are discontinuing that particular flavor, so you may want to contact a stock vendor (like vaping Zone) that is willing to reply back, and see if they know any more accurate info on future availability.
Anyhow, I'm glad it was some help! :toast:
There's some speculation that SC flavors are from Xi'an Muren Industry & Trade Co. Ltd, but I'm not sure if that's been verified or not. Anyways, they're excellent flavors imo, and I'd recommend trying them to anyone.

Bull City has good prices on what SC flavors they carry but I don't see the Menthol Ice listed.

LoveVanilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2013
Texas
At what percentage of HS desert ship is best? I mix using 24mg 50/50, and just ad flavoring.

My normal flavoring is now unavalible. I was using Menthol Ice from EJC Labs, I'm not sure if they went out of business, but I can't get ahold of them. It tasted like the My Freedom Smokes desert ship, with a very slight and cool menthol flavor.

So I figure I would try a desert ship, and try to ad some menthol to it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

You might also consider Hangsen Kool. Tried unsuccessfully on my wife, and am not a menthol vaper, but smell seems pretty true to the original.

Reactions: JD1

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
A few very early mini reviews on some FA tobaccos I picked up. None are properly steeped, so bear that in mind.

Soho - 10 percent
It's RY4. It bills itself as dark and nutty, but all I get is RY4. On that level it's not a bad RY4, just not what I had in mind.

Desert Ship 2.25 percent
Nice. Much spicier than Hangsen, less tobacco. Should hang in the rotation. Might even mix the two versions 50/50, see if I get the best of both worlds.

Shade 3 percent
Very nice. Reminds me of a Hangsen-type profile. Dry, sharp, clean. Best of the bunch so far.

Dark Vapure 2.25 percent
I read in a random review that this tastes like green pepper. Didn't give that review much thought. But that's exactly it. It's green pepper. This one goes in the drawer for a month. Hopefully something more emerges.

Yet to try: Tuscan Reserve and Maxx Blend.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Tapatalk

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
I do both at 2%. Keeps us posted. I am curious to know if you find them identical as I do.
Ok, you got me curious, so mixed the Maxx @3.33%, same as my Dark. I can say without doubt that this is different, though there are some similarities, mainly in the basic tobacco profile. The top notes and undertones are different. This in some ways reminds me of AM4A. That anise/licorice note is there, though less prominent than in the am4a. And maybe some sort of pitted fruit (fig?). I get none of that deep oak or the molasses back note that are there in dark.

I do like it though. I don't initially get that deep richness of Dark, but it's only a few hours old.

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
Maybe the nuances are less noticeable at 2%. There's a pretty big difference between 2 and 3.33.

Quite possibly. Anyway I like the flavor profile(s). My only concern is whether we'd be able to get either one after regulations take effect.

As I recall I added a tiny bit of vanilla to Maxx and it was wonderful.

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota
Quite possibly. Anyway I like the flavor profile(s). My only concern is whether we'd be able to get either one after regulations take effect.

As I recall I added a tiny bit of vanilla to Maxx and it was wonderful.
Yeah. I'll be getting a big bottle of Dark before then. Along with a few others. I think that even if nothing changes, we'll be able to get our hands on flavors ... if the companies don't fold, that is....

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
FA Desert Ship down to 2% and it's still "almost" too strong, but I like it.

If you wain on the FA Desert ship, but still like the offerings of this style tobacco flavor, the FA Storm is a gentle version of this tobacco; not quite as spikey.

.....for me, personally, there was just a bit too much ginger spicy twang to the FA DS, so I was happy they released the FA Storm. YMMV ;)

Reactions: stanleybb50

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
If you wain on the FA Desert ship, but still like the offerings of this style tobacco flavor, the FA Storm is a gentle version of this tobacco; not quite as spikey.

.....for me, personally, there was just a bit too much ginger spicy twang to the FA DS, so I was happy they released the FA Storm. YMMV ;)
Thanks! Wonderful thread!

Thanks for the advice. Thus whole DIY world is just fantastic. :)

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

aceswired

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Minnesota

Yeah the FA Desert Ship could really use a bit more tobacco backbone, to my taste. I'm going to try adding a little Captain Jack for Pipe (a straight, dry tobacco) and a drop or two of Black Fire. I like the spiciness of the FA DS, but there's just not enough tobacco there to keep me interested for long.

I'm normally a single flavor guy, don't do a lot of mixing. But in this case, it needs ... something, otherwise I'm afraid it'll be just a change-of-pace type vape.

nostradadus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2014
adding a little Captain Jack for Pipe (a straight, dry tobacco) and a drop or two of Black Fire

That'll do it alright! That Capt Jack is nice for adding that dry tobacco flavor. Hangsen Hava tobacco provides that as well; mature and aged seco tobacco leaves, is the best way I can describe that flavor; nice complimentary tobacco when needed.

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
Yeah the FA Desert Ship could really use a bit more tobacco backbone, to my taste. I'm going to try adding a little Captain Jack for Pipe (a straight, dry tobacco) and a drop or two of Black Fire. I like the spiciness of the FA DS, but there's just not enough tobacco there to keep me interested for long.

I'm normally a single flavor guy, don't do a lot of mixing. But in this case, it needs ... something, otherwise I'm afraid it'll be just a change-of-pace type vape.

That'll do it alright! That Capt Jack is nice for adding that dry tobacco flavor. Hangsen Hava tobacco provides that as well; mature and aged seco tobacco leaves, is the best way I can describe that flavor; nice complimentary tobacco when needed.
These made my "taking a screen shot" list - haha. I'll definitely be adding to my collection.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Jonathan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, KY
Hey guys! First off, what an awesome thread! Im a tobacco lover about to get into DIY, beeen lurking in this thread for the past week or so to figure out what flavors to order. I already have a gallon of unflavored 24 mg 50/50 ready to go, just need flavors and vg to cut it down to 18mg. Anyways, i made an order from BCV last night, lookin forward to posting reviews :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread