Favorite tobacco flavoring discussion - Tobacco flavoring discussion only

Status
Not open for further replies.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I would be interest in an opinion on those 2 my self. I have the congress but never tried it. And the parliament I've also never tried but herd it taste close to a mild american.

You actually have the stuff but never tried it ? Man, you must have mega amounts of flavoring to not be able to sample them all lol.

Reactions: JeremyR

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
You actually have the stuff but never tried it ? Man, you must have mega amounts of flavoring to not be able to sample them all lol.

Exactly right. I've got at least 250 bottles of flavor with venders sending me free stuff all the time. Half the stuff I never even opened. I wish I had more time to dedicate to vaping. I'm on vacation this week so I hope to catch up on my inawera and hangsen samples I haven't tried. For example I've recently reviewed mothers milk TA and they used my review as there description on there selling page. They were kind enough to send me several samples of there products. I've also recently helped bullcity revamp there hangsen offerings. I enjoy working with venders in this way because it helps to provide better products to the vaping community.

Mothers Milk WTA :: Absolute TA Tobacco Absolute

Last edited:

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Very different creatures to my pallet. Not a fan of the FA.
I like it at around .5 percent or less when added to some good stout 'baccy flavors, but I do wish the liquor note was a tad stronger. You've got to admit that FA nailed the wood flavor in it though. Just go sniff your pencil sharpener if you don't think so.

What is the TFA like? I may need to give that a try.

Reactions: chopdoc

Dixie1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
Springfield,Oregon,USA
I know I am a baccy flavoring wimp but I did not like the VZ SC RealCig ewwwwww to me lol:confused: but if you like that hay grassy stuff you will love it:D I have told others about my liking NN Honey Tobacco (which is made using a TA) and to start off with .05-2.5% which is what NN says on the bottles. Well this person I know of made it up at 10%!!!!!:eek: and says he hates it LOLOLOL:lol: I said go back and add lots of base to it and try it again;) YMMV:vapor:

Reactions: chopdoc

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Independence, Louisiana, United States
I know I am a baccy flavoring wimp but I did not like the VZ SC RealCig ewwwwww to me lol:confused: but if you like that hay grassy stuff you will love it:D I have told others about my liking NN Honey Tobacco (which is made using a TA) and to start off with .05-2.5% which is what NN says on the bottles. Well this person I know of made it up at 10%!!!!!:eek: and says he hates it LOLOLOL:lol: I said go back and add lots of base to it and try it again;) YMMV:vapor:

RealCigs mixed with Canadian Type was a very pleasant vape.

Reactions: Dixie1954

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Been trying for over two weeks to try these Hangsen flavors I received and finally got around to them. I mixed each up in 10 ml batches of 75/25 VG/PG and 4 mg nicotine. Then each batch had %7 flavor added and they was well shaken and steeped at least 5 hours in an untrasonic cleaner. Each one I vaped 4 ml of in a Kanger subtank mini using temp control at 450 F.

USA mix. A sweet tobacco flavor on inhale and an ash cig flavor on exhale.

Golden Tree. On the inhale it had a very sweet tobacco flavor with maybe a hint of prunes. On the exhale it had a light leafy mild flavor. Was a very enjoyable vape.

Red L&M A very nice flavorful vape. Light grassy tobacco flavor with a slight ash undertone.

Bold A clove/black licorice flavor that is a sweet full bodied vape. A vanilla or Baverian Cream would make a good blend with this.

Palm This is suppose to be a Pall Mall flavor and from somone who smoked Pall Malls before, its not. Its kinda bland yet sweet on the inhale and a light smoky flavor on the exhale.

DE For someone looking for a vuse or blue cig style flavor, I would suggest trying this. The inhale is really tasteless but the exhale is a medium cigarette flavor without any real ash taste to it. It does leave my throat kinda scratchy.

Black Label This is a clove and spice flavor that grows on you. At first I wasnt thrilled with it but the more I vaped it the better I liked it. Like the Bold, some Vanilla or Baverian Cream would compliment this flavor in my opinion.

Each of these flavors I found enjoyable and would recommend any of them. I have 12 more 10 ml flavor sample that I mixed up tonight and will do what I can to review them as soon as I can but it is a slow process. I like to enjoy a full tank of each flavor and then clean the tank and rewick the coil before moving on to the next flavor so I can get the best flavor profile opinion for each one. But yall remember, taste is subjective to the taster and what I get from a vape, you might get something totally different from the same vape.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Been trying for over two weeks to try these Hangsen flavors I received and finally got around to them. I mixed each up in 10 ml batches of 75/25 VG/PG and 4 mg nicotine. Then each batch had %7 flavor added and they was well shaken and steeped at least 5 hours in an untrasonic cleaner. Each one I vaped 4 ml of in a Kanger subtank mini using temp control at 450 F.

USA mix. A sweet tobacco flavor on inhale and an ash cig flavor on exhale.

Golden Tree. On the inhale it had a very sweet tobacco flavor with maybe a hint of prunes. On the exhale it had a light leafy mild flavor. Was a very enjoyable vape.

Red L&M A very nice flavorful vape. Light grassy tobacco flavor with a slight ash undertone.

Bold A clove/black licorice flavor that is a sweet full bodied vape. A vanilla or Baverian Cream would make a good blend with this.

Palm This is suppose to be a Pall Mall flavor and from somone who smoked Pall Malls before, its not. Its kinda bland yet sweet on the inhale and a light smoky flavor on the exhale.

DE For someone looking for a vuse or blue cig style flavor, I would suggest trying this. The inhale is really tasteless but the exhale is a medium cigarette flavor without any real ash taste to it. It does leave my throat kinda scratchy.

Black Label This is a clove and spice flavor that grows on you. At first I wasnt thrilled with it but the more I vaped it the better I liked it. Like the Bold, some Vanilla or Baverian Cream would compliment this flavor in my opinion.

Each of these flavors I found enjoyable and would recommend any of them. I have 12 more 10 ml flavor sample that I mixed up tonight and will do what I can to review them as soon as I can but it is a slow process. I like to enjoy a full tank of each flavor and then clean the tank and rewick the coil before moving on to the next flavor so I can get the best flavor profile opinion for each one. But yall remember, taste is subjective to the taster and what I get from a vape, you might get something totally different from the same vape.

Nice job with your reviews. Looking forward to your next installment. Golden tree sounds interesting. I think I'll add that to my shopping list. I have some DE coming so now I'll know what to expect.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Nice job with your reviews. Looking forward to your next installment. Golden tree sounds interesting. I think I'll add that to my shopping list. I have some DE coming so now I'll know what to expect.

Thanks Danny. My sister is just getting into vaping and asked me if I could make the Vuse flavor. Going to mix up a batch of DE for her to try. The local B&M she went to hit her for $16 for 30ml of their house tobacco flavor.

Anyone familiar with Congress flavor and Parliament ? I think they are Hangsen.

Am vaping Inawera Parlament Type now. Their discription of it is "Mild tobacco taste with a hint of cherry and vanilla". To me it is pretty much spot on what they say of a mild tobacco flavor and I can taste a cherry hint in it but no vanilla flavor to me. It has a very sweet flavorful inhale to is and I could very easily have this as an all day vape. I find it that enjoyable.

Hangsen Congress is suppose to be a Parliament flavor and I heard it has just a hint of mint to it from some reviews I seen. I dont have Congress but in my next order will try to remember to include it.

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
Am vaping Inawera Parlament Type now. Their discription of it is "Mild tobacco taste with a hint of cherry and vanilla". To me it is pretty much spot on what they say of a mild tobacco flavor and I can taste a cherry hint in it but no vanilla flavor to me. It has a very sweet flavorful inhale to is and I could very easily have this as an all day vape. I find it that enjoyable.

The vanilla will take a while to come out. Vanilla needs a lot of steep time.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
The vanilla will take a while to come out. Vanilla needs a lot of steep time.

It has had 6 hours of steep time in a warm bath/ultra sonic cleaner. My UC is not a heat unit but the water and juice is always real warm after an hour steeping in the UC. The UC is great for speed steeping but sadly nothing can replace it sitting in a cool dark place for a while for the flavors to really meld and blend. Thats why I like to mix up samples of 10 ml. I can vape 4 ml of them after a long UC steep of at least 5 hours and then let them sit for three weeks in my steeping box and give them another try to see if the flavors changed enough to notice or not. Hopefully when I get back from work in mid July the parlament juice will have the vanilla flavor also. I have high hopes for this juice.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Great job on the review Doc. I enjoyed reading it. I've got Black Label on my list now.

I seen in a FB DIY group someone was saying they made some batches of Black label with peach, another batch with Honey and another batch with Amaretto. I wouldnt mind trying it with a good vanilla. I just received some Inawera Wanilla, Vanilla Classic, Vanilla Tahiti and Shisha Vanilla, plus some Hangsen French Vanilla Icecream and plain Vanilla. Now just have to mix up some samples of them.

tierrataz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
soCal
I like it at around .5 percent or less when added to some good stout 'baccy flavors, but I do wish the liquor note was a tad stronger. You've got to admit that FA nailed the wood flavor in it though. Just go sniff your pencil sharpener if you don't think so.

What is the TFA like? I may need to give that a try.

It is smoother/rounder than oakwood, almost flat by comparison. I didn't pick up cedar ( pencil shavings), but did note astringency or sharpness in the FA. Not having chewed any oak woods, I can't comment on how realistic the red oak is. Can say its a good base to work out a Johnson Creek dupe. I like it but it can get monotonous as a stand alone.

Reactions: JD1

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I seen in a FB DIY group someone was saying they made some batches of Black label with peach, another batch with Honey and another batch with Amaretto. I wouldnt mind trying it with a good vanilla. I just received some Inawera Wanilla, Vanilla Classic, Vanilla Tahiti and Shisha Vanilla, plus some Hangsen French Vanilla Icecream and plain Vanilla. Now just have to mix up some samples of them.
Looks like you've got a good selection of vanillas to work with. Vanillas and caramels drive me crazy. Seems like when I find one where the flavor is great to me, it turns out to be too easy cooked and changes flavor from the heat. Hangsen Vanilla was like that for me. When I put in a fresh battery I'm hitting about 17 watts and although my varitas doesn't get hot, it does get pretty warm sometimes.

At the moment I'm having pretty good luck with mixing Inawera Wanilla and TFA Vanilla swirl. I also just received some TFA Vanilla Bean Gelato but I haven't had a chance to test it yet.

As you test those vanillas, I'd be very interested in your reviews if you have time to post them.

chopdoc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2014
Looks like you've got a good selection of vanillas to work with. Vanillas and caramels drive me crazy. Seems like when I find one where the flavor is great to me, it turns out to be too easy cooked and changes flavor from the heat. Hangsen Vanilla was like that for me. When I put in a fresh battery I'm hitting about 17 watts and although my varitas doesn't get hot, it does get pretty warm sometimes.

At the moment I'm having pretty good luck with mixing Inawera Wanilla and TFA Vanilla swirl. I also just received some TFA Vanilla Bean Gelato but I haven't had a chance to test it yet.

As you test those vanillas, I'd be very interested in your reviews if you have time to post them.

Give temp control a try. Then it wont matter how fresh or depleted your batteries are, its going to modulate your vape to the temp you desire instead of the wattage. I have two more days at home and then its back to work for two weeks but I am going to take my steep box with me so I can keep testing both tobacco and vanilla flavors and will give a profile on them. The tobacco ones here and the vanilla one in the what are you making thread.

And yall was right. Highway is good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread