Flavour Art - Single Flavor Percentages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bryong70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
DFW
Yes i will def try all those!! I dont have the vienna cream but i do have cream fresh or some sort of cream coming today from TFA. I will try the mango peach custard. But the mango TFA flavor is not so strong and does not (personally) taste like mango to me. But i will try all these. I notice that the FA flavors seem more potent and the need to use less is great. Im having to do 10% flavoring with almost all my TFA flavors and i have to let them steep for a week before i can even taste the flavor. Strawberry seems to come out pretty nicely after steeping 4-5 days. But at first you cant taste a thing!!

A really good creamy vanilla that goes with fruits extremely well is Vanilla Swirl Flavor (TFA). I especially like FA fruits, more authentic to me, I been switching to mostly FA flavors for my recipes, but I'll keep Vanilla Swirl Flavor and a few others.

If you have Pear, try

Swirling Pear
4% Pear
3% Vanilla Swirl Flavor
2% Vienna Cream (or French Vanilla for enhanced vanilla taste)

This is one of my top ADV.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Skip, your TFA cream is probably Sweet Cream. It can be used interchangeably with FA Fresh Cream, at about the same percentage.

Here's inspiration for you to collect some FA flavors.

The first one is refreshing and an easy vape. Easy recipe, too.

LUSCIOUS LEMON CUSTARD
2% FA Custard
1% FA Lemon Sicily
0.5% FA Raspberry

This one is one of my all-time favorites. I make it for friends, too. Very flavorful, complex, and unlike any juice out there. It's a sweet, strong, lemon liqueur mousse:

LIMONCELLO TORRONE PARFAIT
2.25% FA Lemon Sicily
1.5% FA Torrone
1.5% FA Custard
0.75% FA Meringue

There are notes for variations in my blog (click 'Blog Entries' under my avatar on the left) - and probably a few other recipes that use FA Custard.

If you're eventually inspired to add FA fruits (or other flavors) to your collection, join us over here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...pure-vapes-has-3ml-flavourart-flavorings.html

Last edited:

Skipbrady1

May 14, 2014
New jersey
You know whats really driving me crazy. Is that i cant get my 50/50 or 60/40 juices to have any flavor!! And i have let them all steep for a week so far and there is NOOO taste. But my 80/20 and 90/10 mixes taste ok. Which to me doesnt make sense cause from all the reading and research i have done the PG is what holds more flavor than VG and takes less of a time to steep.

Skipbrady1

May 14, 2014
New jersey
Skip, your TFA cream is probably Sweet Cream. It can be used interchangeably with FA Fresh Cream, at about the same percentage.

Here's inspiration for you to collect some FA flavors.

The first one is refreshing and an easy vape. Easy recipe, too.

LUSCIOUS LEMON CUSTARD
2% FA Custard
1% FA Lemon Sicily
1% FA Raspberry

This one is one of my all-time favorites. I make it for friends, too. Very flavorful, complex, and unlike any juice out there. It's a sweet, strong, lemon liqueur mousse:

LIMONCELLO TORRONE PARFAIT
2.25% FA Lemon Sicily
1.5% FA Torrone
1.5% FA Custard
0.75% FA Meringue

There are notes for variations in my blog (click 'Blog Entries' under my avatar on the left) - and probably a few other recipes that use FA Custard.

If you're eventually inspired to add FA fruits (or other flavors) to your collection, join us over here: http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...pure-vapes-has-3ml-flavourart-flavorings.html

Those all sound delicious. I got the tiny little 3ml bottles from pure vape. Hopefully soon though i will be able to order more. Is there a good company besides pure vape that sells larger bottles of FA without having to buy wholesale?

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Is there a good company besides pure vape that sells larger bottles of FA without having to buy wholesale?

Purevapes sells 30ml bottles for $7. I don't think you can beat that price. eliquidmart has 30ml for a bit higher price, also sells 50ml for about $12.50. ecigexpress also sells FlavourArt, but I don't think they offer sizes over 10ml.

Heabob

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
Bay City, Michigan
You'll probably need to hit 10% on the blueberry to taste it, at least for Blueberry Wild anyway.

FA Fresh Cream is more creamy and less sweet than TFA Sweet Cream (which has the custard notes).

Fresh Cream is used to replace the Sweet Cream because of the bad stuff in it.

Then add 1% TFA Marshmallow for the sweet part.

Just my personal observation/opinion tho...

Blueberry Swirl

TFA Blueberry Wild 10%
TFA Vanilla Swirl 3%
TFA Sweet Cream 2%
TFA Marshmallow 1% (optional)(if used raise Blueberry to 12%)

Last edited:

Heabob

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
Bay City, Michigan
A really good creamy vanilla that goes with fruits extremely well is Vanilla Swirl Flavor (TFA). I especially like FA fruits, more authentic to me, I been switching to mostly FA flavors for my recipes, but I'll keep Vanilla Swirl Flavor and a few others.

If you have Pear, try

Swirling Pear
4% Pear
3% Vanilla Swirl Flavor
2% Vienna Cream (or French Vanilla for enhanced vanilla taste)

This is one of my top ADV.

+1 on the Vanilla Swirl, I use it in a lot of stuff.

Still need to get some Pear, Peach, Mango, & Key Lime, and so the list goes on, lol.

BTW I mixed up your Lemon Cookie Delight recipe tonight, sounds tasty, gonna let it sit a couple days.

Got a whole bunch of other FA and Inawera stuff to mix up yet.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Wondering if the FA Bilberry would work with FA Custard?

Ohhhh yeah! Bilberry and lemon are a classic combination, and FA's Bilberry flavor is packed with flavor, very realistic fresh bilberry flavor. (Actual bilberries are stronger flavored than blueberries - more 'wild' tasting, imo.) If you find other brands' blueberry flavors too bland, FA Bilberry belongs on your wish list.

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
Ohhhh yeah! Bilberry and lemon are a classic combination, and FA's Bilberry flavor is packed with flavor, very realistic fresh bilberry flavor. (Actual bilberries are stronger flavored than blueberries - more 'wild' tasting, imo.) If you find other brands' blueberry flavors too bland, FA Bilberry belongs on your wish list.

I'm working on a bilberry cheesecake at the moment, but even at 2% the bilberry overpowers the TFA graham crust at 3%!

So far I have:
TFA Grahamcracker cheesecake 3%
FA Bilberry 2%
FA Vienna Cream 1%

Needs work!

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
So far I have:
FA Bilberry 2%
FA Vienna Cream 1%

Needs work!

That sounds good. I'd knock that Bilberry back to 1% at most, or make it 0.5% with 0.5% of a complementary fruit (*cough*blackcurrant*cough). Maybe a little Fresh Cream to lighten it up.

AmandaD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2013
So Cal
That sounds good. I'd knock that Bilberry back to 1% at most, or make it 0.5% with 0.5% of a complementary fruit (*cough*blackcurrant*cough). Maybe a little Fresh Cream to lighten it up.

Thanks - ah, I meant fresh cream, not vienna cream! Ok, I'll try the bilberry at 0.5% with blackcurrant at 0.5%.

I realized I had some LA cheesecake, and tried this also with blueberry in place of the graham crust. It does have more of a cheesecake flavor, and I did wonder if I should use that instead of fresh cream. I don't much care for it without the TFA graham cracker, but maybe use it as well? Someone asked me to make a blueberry cheesecake, so that's what this is all about!

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Amanda, I don't know anything about LA Cheesecake flavor. But if you have a specific flavor in mind for your recipe, just make 1 change at a time. I think you're close to a good cheesecake with TFA Cheesecake Graham, the lower percent on FA Bilberry, plus Fresh Cream. I'd try that before adding a new cheesecake to the mix. If your pal wants blueberry, adding blackcurrant might be a bad idea - I just thought that sounded tasty. Post back with what works if you get a chance.

Skipbrady1

May 14, 2014
New jersey
I just tried a coconut cheesecake graham crust and I have tr coconut extra...I think I did a bit to much coconut at 3% and like 10% cheesecake...:I'm going high with these tfa flavors cause they seem to be somewhat weak. But I have found the fruit flavors are a bit weak but the candy flavors and creamy flavors seem to be a little better

Heabob

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
Bay City, Michigan
I'm working on a bilberry cheesecake at the moment, but even at 2% the bilberry overpowers the TFA graham crust at 3%!

So far I have:
FA Bilberry 2%
FA Vienna Cream 1%

Needs work!

The TFA Cheesecake Graham Crust should be @ 5%, at least for the TFA Bluberry Cheesecake I make.
Try it first without the Vienna Cream, it's not really needed IMO.
The Bilberry I haven't used yet so...

Heabob

ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2014
Bay City, Michigan
I just tried a coconut cheesecake graham crust and I have tr coconut extra...I think I did a bit to much coconut at 3% and like 10% cheesecake...:I'm going high with these tfa flavors cause they seem to be somewhat weak. But I have found the fruit flavors are a bit weak but the candy flavors and creamy flavors seem to be a little better

If it's the Cheesecake Graham Crust or Cap NY Cheesecake 10% is kinda high, try it at 5%.
Coconut extra idk as I haven't tried that brand yet.
It may take a few days for the coconut to calm down, and the cheesecake to come out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread