Flavour Art - Single Flavor Percentages

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Can anyone post what % they use for FA Cola? Do you add anything to it? Just got a bottle and it smells dang good, just need a lil insight :)

Cola alone, start with 3%, maybe up to 4%. It's good and vapes super clean.
3% Cola with 1.5% Black Cherry is an awesome Cherry Coke.
Using Vanilla Classic instead gives Vanilla Coke, though I don't care for the drink or the vape
Use 1.5-2%% Lime Tahiti instead of black cherry for a Lime Coke.
Or use 1% Jamaican Rum, yum!

Oh - here's a good source of percents, not just for FA: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr..._hQ6Fu8HdEwwR2dLRUJlVjlabEN1NG1ucktuUVE&gid=0

sebastien1234

Verified Member
Jul 15, 2011
montreal
Awesome! Thank's for the quick response!! Do you use sweetener with that? Vinegar, anything else that smoothens or is it just good standalone. Any steeping time needed?

Cola alone, start with 3%, maybe up to 4%. It's good and vapes super clean.
3% Cola with 1.5% Black Cherry is an awesome Cherry Coke.
Using Vanilla Classic instead gives Vanilla Coke, though I don't care for the drink or the vape
Use 1.5-2%% Lime Tahiti instead of black cherry for a Lime Coke.
Or use 1% Jamaican Rum, yum!

Oh - here's a good source of percents, not just for FA: https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr..._hQ6Fu8HdEwwR2dLRUJlVjlabEN1NG1ucktuUVE&gid=0

bkkdaytrader

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2013
Thailand
we need a FA recipe thread--for a newbie like myself i am spending way too much time searching for some good combinations of fa flavors.

anyone try pink spot rip tide? I would love to create that out of fa flavorings.

so far i have tried a 4% candy floss--Its nice--but I would like more flavor--so i added 1 drop of strawberry to a 3 ml mix of candy floss but can't taste the strawberry--learning

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013
Does anyone have any good ideas for a flavor with fruit and custard?? I just got a few FA flavors in the mail and i already have a few TFA flavors mostly fruits. I cant think of something that would go good with a custard??

It's perfect with Lemon Sicily. That makes a sweet lemon custard. If you want it even sweeter, add Meringue.

Almond and/or Marzipan go great, too.

FA Custard is made to go with fresh fruits, just like real Italian custard is, so you are in luck. It's not American goopy vanilla custard at all. It's the kind Italians put over fruit (or put fresh fruit in) for dessert. Just like the real stuff often does, FA Custard has a little hint of lemon that makes it great with berries and other fruit. It won't taste good with candy-like fruits, so use your TFA fruits that taste freshest. (btw, none of FA's fruits are candy-like; all are fresh-fruit versions).

Bryong70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
DFW
It's perfect with Lemon Sicily. That makes a sweet lemon custard. If you want it even sweeter, add Meringue.

Almond and/or Marzipan go great, too.

FA Custard is made to go with fresh fruits, just like real Italian custard is, so you are in luck. It's not American goopy vanilla custard at all. It's the kind Italians put over fruit (or put fresh fruit in) for dessert. Just like the real stuff often does, FA Custard has a little hint of lemon that makes it great with berries and other fruit. It won't taste good with candy-like fruits, so use your TFA fruits that taste freshest. (btw, none of FA's fruits are candy-like; all are fresh-fruit versions).

Yes the FA Custard is very good, I love it and started adding it to my Cranberry Cream and Strawberry Cream recipes.:)

Skipbrady1

May 14, 2014
New jersey
the only lemon flavor i have is lemonade and i feel that wouldnt be good at all haha. I have pineapple, ripe strawberry, juicy peach, mango, rasberry, watermelon, grape for my fruit flavors and those are all TFA flavors. My custard i just got from FA as i mentioned above. Im thinking maybe a strawberry custard?? Or peach custard??

Bryong70

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
DFW
the only lemon flavor i have is lemonade and i feel that wouldnt be good at all haha. I have pineapple, ripe strawberry, juicy peach, mango, rasberry, watermelon, grape for my fruit flavors and those are all TFA flavors. My custard i just got from FA as i mentioned above. Im thinking maybe a strawberry custard?? Or peach custard??

Strawberry Custard
2% Strawberry
4% Custard
1% Vienna Cream
1% Cream Fresh

Yuuuuummmmmmm
Replace strawberry with any fruit and it will be good.

HeadInClouds

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 2, 2013

Bryong70 knows fruit - glad to see his custard recipe.
Of those TFA flavors, I'd put away the watermelon and grape, try each of the others one at a time. Once you see how each one is as a custard by itself, various combinations of those might be tasty (just combine your one-fruit custard batches to try) Peach-mango is a favorite fruit pairing for me.

Skipbrady1

May 14, 2014
New jersey
Yes i will def try all those!! I dont have the vienna cream but i do have cream fresh or some sort of cream coming today from TFA. I will try the mango peach custard. But the mango TFA flavor is not so strong and does not (personally) taste like mango to me. But i will try all these. I notice that the FA flavors seem more potent and the need to use less is great. Im having to do 10% flavoring with almost all my TFA flavors and i have to let them steep for a week before i can even taste the flavor. Strawberry seems to come out pretty nicely after steeping 4-5 days. But at first you cant taste a thing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread