Sugar Hill, Georgia
rps20170627_191837.jpg

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Wow.. lots of Narda there.. can you give a tip or two on how to build it for best flavour. I seem to have a very muted flavour on narda though. Only have a 26g and 28g of khantal and ss316 wire.
I usually build a 24ga ss316 spaced coil, 6 wraps on a 2.5mm bit. I mount mine with the bit resting on the edge of the deck.

Reactions: dd4285

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
i have 3 clear ones, a white, black, tiffany blue and a putty color. All the clear ones i have (green, blue and bronze) are fine and dandy. They hold up fine. If the 510's are adjustable, it's news to me. I do the same with those as I do with the solid ones...pull it apart and slide a little bit of tubing up the pin. Works great.
As far as the mods go, I'd stay away from white and the putty colored ones. It seems the paint helps everything fit tighter. Those 2 are pretty much useless unless you mix and match with painted ones. Like a black door on the white mod and white door on the black....

Thanks for the feedback. I am currently torn between a frankenskull and the boxer, but I am leaning towards the frankenskull as the build quality appears a tad better (may not be true though mind).

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
Thanks for the feedback. I am currently torn between a frankenskull and the boxer, but I am leaning towards the frankenskull as the build quality appears a tad better (may not be true though mind).
The Franky's are pretty decent... For $18, they're amazing. I changed out my contacts with beryllium copper, swapped out the bottles and modded the 510 pin. They're flawless work mods.

TheWestPole

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2015
Los Angeles
The Franky's are pretty decent... For $18, they're amazing. I changed out my contacts with beryllium copper, swapped out the bottles and modded the 510 pin. They're flawless work mods.

Could you tell us where you sourced your beryllium copper sheet, and what gauge and hardness? Thanks.

Irons

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2010
MI
I have gone and placed an order too. Couldn't resist any longer.
I'm still using the same type 3.7 v box mods, cartomizers and 5v passthroughs I have been using since I joined this forum. Seen a lot of high dollar crap come and go that just didn't look like it would last. I'm not much into expensive fads.

Now these bottom feeder squonk critters got my attention! Very simple construction, big cheap external batteries and easy wick and coil set ups you can rebuild dang near forever.
Squeeze some fresh juice up to the cotton and hit it. What's not to love about that? . .
thumbsup.gif

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Wow.. lots of Narda there.. can you give a tip or two on how to build it for best flavour. I seem to have a very muted flavour on narda though. Only have a 26g and 28g of khantal and ss316 wire.

I think a 3mm 26ga 316/316L Coil with 5 Wraps (about 0.35 ~ 0.4 Ohms) is a Nice Build for the Narda.

And I like to place the Bottom of the Coil even with the Bottom of the Air Flow Slots.

Ben85

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2014
Kent, UK
782e159965.jpg

Swapped out the bottle for a soy bottle, popped in a new washer and changed the tube (didn't need to touch the 510). Total cost for mods- about 55p.

What a great little mod. Only issue so far is the the door is not flat and therefore has play in it. Will see what I can do with that later.

Irons

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2010
MI
Quick couple ?? for you more experienced folks please. . .
aasplodey.gif

Are the coils that come with these kits any good? I already checked out some video's about installing them and fixing hot spots/even firing etc. very cool.
What is a good easy to get/use replacement coil type and gauge for these particular dual coil RDA's with this battery? I'd like to stock up on some pre mades. I.. um.. tend to break things.

Thanks again! :toast:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread