Freaking Out the Checkout Girl at Wal-Mart (on accident)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazoo

Oct 15, 2011
San Antonio Texas
I have to agree, when I am in close proximity to others I will restrain myself and not vape.
But if I'm in the frozen food section and the only person around is a young guy who could care less. HELL YEA IMMA VAPE IT UP! lol

As for vaping on a plane, well... your in extremely close proximity to at least 10 other people... lets not vape on planes. Even if your juice smells like a fairy just farted rainbows in your face, I would prefer not to insult 1 out of those 10 people and cause a scene.

Never vaped in a restaurant either, though I always bring my PV in with intent to vape lol.

Lets just remember this awesome quote from Men in Black "A person is smart, but people are dumb panicky animals!"

Trivii

Jul 21, 2012
York, PA, USA
The TSA has a webpage that discusses e-cigs/PV's they want you to carry them on because of the batteries, but state you can only use them in designated smoking areas.

To be honest I don't feel comfortable vaping indoors unless I'm at home or at a friends. I have converted a small handful, but don't want to cause bad publicity. I will vape up until I reach the door, then it goes away... I would love to vape at work as my job is very stressful, but I'll wait until the windblows that way for pv users in MD/DC/VA & PA.

Kidnapped

Verified Member
WalMart is the very reason I STARTED vaping!!! They allow folks to let their rug-rats shriek and run amok; and, they allow folks to turn the bathroom into a hair spray "gas chamber;" so, if someone freaks out over my vaping, I consider it to be THEIR problem! I didn't get into this to "quit smoking" - that's a not all that welcome side-effect (hence, my username.) I DARNED SURE didn't switch to "be more acceptable..." I started for ONE reason; and, ONE reason ALONE - to be able to get "my fix" whenever and wherever I needed it; and, WalMart is one of the places where I need it the MOST!!! (I had several sets of tubes in my ears as a kid; and, both shrieking rug-rats and key cutting machines are EXTREMELY painful to my ears. I'm like a long-tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs in places like WalMart!!!) Then again, I'm rather quick to suggest a leash when someone's kid darned near runs into me, treating the store like it's a playground, too. (But, also, very quick to go up to and compliment the few parents who actually use them.) My vaping doesn't affect anyone else; so, it's none of their business. The folks who just "get their jollies" by trying to control everyone else are the very ones who caused me to lose all interest in quitting smoking, a couple of decades back. The bimbo the OP ran into was just a drama-queen... Reminds me of the idiot who cost the anti-smoking crowd all credibility with me, back in '99. He went through his "wheeze / gasp / choke" routine at the very SIGHT of an (unlit) half-cigarette hanging out of my mouth - FROM 30+ FEET AWAY!!! I've mellowed (at least a little bit) with age; but, back then, I couldn't resist going up to him, sticking the unlit cigarette stub in his face, and, saying, "You stupid M-F'er!!! It's NOT EVEN LIT!!! You've definitely got a problem; BUT, it's NOT my unlit cigarette!....."

DeathsMistress

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
Chicago, IL
jeneefowler.com
Did I mention it was like three in the morning? I usually avoid people because they freak me the crap out. Vaping helps me be nicer and less aggravated. I also had sets of tubes in my ears, and I've busted an ear-drum more than once. I can't handle the noises, and sometimes I make a little vape to deal with horrible horrible perfume. I never try to offend people, but I can't say they do the same back.

The boyfriend was the one paying and dealing with the cashier. I was standing back a little when the other girl started asking me if "that was w**d." The women behind the register didn't have a problem until the other girl started in. Maybe the next time someone comes through she will take the information that I gave her and realize it's not something that can hurt her.

If we all stay in the dark everyone will keep assuming. The more people that know what it is and switch, the more it will become "normal."

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

If we all stay in the dark everyone will keep assuming. The more people that know what it is and switch, the more it will become "normal."

This may be true…

But Vaping in Non-Smoking areas may also may cause More and More Bans to be Enacted.

And when the Powers that Be start Banning things, they tend to go Overboard. Way Overboard.

Tjloa

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2013
Las Vegas by way of NYC
Did I mention it was like three in the morning? I usually avoid people because they freak me the crap out. Vaping helps me be nicer and less aggravated. I also had sets of tubes in my ears, and I've busted an ear-drum more than once. I can't handle the noises, and sometimes I make a little vape to deal with horrible horrible perfume. I never try to offend people, but I can't say they do the same back.
The boyfriend was the one paying and dealing with the cashier. I was standing back a little when the other girl started asking me if "that was w**d." The women behind the register didn't have a problem until the other girl started in. Maybe the next time someone comes through she will take the information that I gave her and realize it's not something that can hurt her.
Muhahaha I know who you are!!!!!! Ill go to Wally World and vape with you I do it all the time with not so much as a word said. But then again as you know im not a small guy lol. See you at Starbucks soon and on FB.

Whosback

ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States
I also vape in public when I am not with friends (just in case I get kicked out) and I have not been bothered. I don't do ginormous clouds like I do at home and I stealth if I'm on the T, but I vape. I figure if I get asked it will be a great opportunity to spread some truth (since popular media is epically failing at that) and hand out some cards to people who are interested for themselves or others. It's the best thing we can do for ourselves and nobody is going to do it for us.

I'm not saying be obnoxious about vaping. Be respectful of others, their personal space, and their right not to like vaping even if its not smoking, just don't hide vaping like you're ashamed of it.

Being open about vaping, willing to talk about it, and be seen doing it will help lead to more people asking vapers about it and not just knee jerk reacting to the word "cigarette" in e-cigs.

DeathsMistress

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
Chicago, IL
jeneefowler.com
Yes. I feel that if I hide it or act like I'm doing something bad I will encourage the mindset that I am indeed breaking rules. Did I mention that I was in Las Vegas while I was vaping in public? Not exactly a discrete area of the world.

Recently, I had another experience at the horrible Wal-hell. I had a lady say, "you can no smoke." I said, "it's not smoke, may I show you?" She said, "yeah." So I made a little poof and waved it in her direction and she took a whiff. I said, "see, does that smell like smoke to you? It's just water vapor." She said, "no, it no smoke. You no do it." I said, ok, and wandered back to the Boyfriend who was at the register. The lady there said, "it's fine to smoke those electric cigarettes, they're safe. Don't worry about her." I didn't continue to vape because the other woman was uncomfortable with it.

I do respect people's boundaries a lot more than they do mine. People touch me, stand too close to me, let their children attempt to climb me and a whole slew of other offensive things while I'm in public places. I use so much restraint in my life. I will continue to vape in public with as much respect for other people as I can muster in a world full of crackheads and junkies. I respect that it may not be the right choice for many of you. I respect that you have fears that I may cause it to be taken from you. If you think the FDA is going to listen to you or anyone else, you're probably wrong. I will keep trying to spread the word, to fight the bans and restrictions and to get along nicely with others. It's not easy. Thank you all for sharing your thoughts. And thank you for being nicer than the people on youtube who commented on Vape Girl's "Vaping in Public" video. <3

I love that we're all different but we can talk about it like grown-ups.

I'm the owner of a kiosk in the middle of a shopping mall, and I vape here all the time. People will often ask me about "that thing you're smoking", and I always take a minute to kindly explain what it's all about.

The illicit substance issue comes up occasionally, which i find extremely ironic, seeing how I'm a recovering addict myself. I always assure them that there are no mood or mind-altering substances in my e-juice.

That brings up another related topic...a friend of mine always puts his PV down if he sees a police officer pull up next to him while driving, and I don't.

Would you guys feel the need to hide your vaping from an officer, or just let it ride? My thoughts are I'm not doing anything illegal, and I'd be happy to explain what the device is if an officer ever asked me.

onem0hit

Verified Member
Apr 18, 2013
Shepherdstown, WV
I'm curious about whether people hide vaping from cops while driving as well, as I read a post somewhere about being pulled over for having a cloud of vapor in the car (looking like an illicit substance since the windows were down.) The curiosity stems from sitting next to a cop in traffic while vaping. He did look a little bit perplexed...

lamarrk

ECF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City), USA
I vaped on a recent cruise in the allowed areas on the boat (plus in my room, which isn't allowed any more, but who's gonna know). Had several people asked me about it. They all wanted where to get what I had. Gave them the address for this forum to get more information, since most wouldn't want to spring for a ProVari right off the bat. Hopefully, they'll find what they need and get off the analogs.

Light Seeker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Houston TX
I'm 6'5, 250 lbs, a hot temper, and I can pull my pants down and take a crap in the middle of Walmart without anyone approaching me for fear of life. But I don't vape where smoking isn't allowed. I respect others, even though they may be ignorant. Don't have to make a scene, that's what children do. YMMV.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
I'm curious about whether people hide vaping from cops while driving as well, as I read a post somewhere about being pulled over for having a cloud of vapor in the car (looking like an illicit substance since the windows were down.) The curiosity stems from sitting next to a cop in traffic while vaping. He did look a little bit perplexed...
If ya want to get a cops attention while driving ...
Whip out your large vape machine that looks like something
one would only see in a Star Wars bar ... and blow a huge cloud !!
:laugh:

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I don't vape in any shops or stores (unless it's a vaping shop, lol). I wouldn't want someone applying perfume in a checkout line and I guess I feel the same way about vaping.

I do vape in my car if I pull up next to a policeman, but only if I know I've got time in case I'm stopped. I've never gotten a second glance from any police officer.

Petrodus

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2010
Midwest
Wal-Mart...
Where the "fashion conscious" people shop
1-Laughing.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread