Status
Not open for further replies.

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana
What the heck, I just made my first trade and did my first PIF today so I'll introduce myself.

My names Nina aka Beans, I'm 39 and fortunate enough to be married to my soulmate now for 7 years (almost). We live in Washington but dream of a warmer climate. I work as a Carter during wedding season and love my job. What can I say, happy people make me happy. We have no children, but have 4 Purrrfect cats. Hubby is an engineer, though he won't make me any mods :( darn him. We enjoy traveling, but put our passports up this year to do some remodeling and landscaping to our 100 yo house/cottage. Hahaha jokes on us as first time home buyers, I will never buy an old house again just because it has character. :)
We love gardening, camping, fishing and going to music festivals. Hubby's a hunter, and I'm a cali girl lol. That did take some getting use, and I refused to eat meat for 3 years to his dismay, but I'm vastly out numbered here in the PNW.... so I bought a pick up, own a gun and buy whole cows to eat now lol.
We both are Tea Partiers and lean to the right. I grew up all over SoCal in group homes and foster homes mostly, numbering somewhere in the 30's. Though I was always a good kid my mom was not. I met my dad when I was 20, and found out I had 8+ brothers and sisters but have only met a few.
I love all art. Music, anything from the Greatful Dead to Classical to Punk Rock. The 80's, just the best decade EVER! lol :)

Well that's all I'll admit :)

I can't wait to go back and read all these life stories!! what a great idea (and how did I miss it??)

ME

I'm a 40 something single mom. I say 40 something because I never remember.. I have to ask my daughter every single time "How old am I?". Age truly is a state of mind, and I lost mine long ago!
I have 2 children, both the joys of my life and the cause of my gray hairs. Though my hair has been every color in the rainbow, and is currently a bit multi colored by user error. I grew up in a 'normal' household; 2 kids, dad worked full time, mom part time, we moved a LOT, so thanks to facebook, I have re-discovered many of my old friends. They are scattered across the world! I love it!
I've always been described as a bit flightly, free-spirited, artsy, and big hearted. Everyone is welcome in my life, but as I grow older I have realized that I love my solitude too (so ya better call first! haha) I looooove projects, and thanks to my dad I learned to attempt anything and everything, but never finish it, so my house is full of many various projects. Since I'm a single mom I had to learn how to do it myself (my childhood mantra was "do itself".. and that still fits). I've replaced my own dishwasher, plumbing, lighting, flooring, brakes, etc etc. If it can be done, I will do it.
I love to cook and spend most winters baking and cooking up a storm. When summer hits I love to get out and dig in the dirt (it's theraputic), we love to be as natural and earthy as possible, and I believe firmly in the 3 R's; reduce, reuse, and recycle! I've succeeded well in the latter two, and need work in the first! Pretty sparkly things tend to catch my eye, so I color my world, and each room in my house is a different color. My bathrooms and bedrooms get painted the most. Since art and crafts (my family has many artists, pro and amatuer) are a HUGE part of my life, I've converted my dining room into a full on art room. I installed extra cabinets and counters: one for me, which turned into a vaping station!.. and one for the kids. My sewing machine, embroidery machine, supplies, paints, ribbons, beads, clay, photographs, EVERYTHING and anything one could need.. it's in there. A real kid magnet. :)
Like many of you, I've struggled with some disabilities during my adult life. For some reason my bones and my muscles are breaking down. I've been diagnosed with more arthritises and muscle disorders than I care to recount. After spending nearly 15years trying to 'find out what's wrong with me' I've finally decided I need to move on to survive, and I'm attempting to accept these things. God and religion has played a big part in helping me to move on. A favorite quote of mine, hangs in my kitchen, and inspires me to continue living my life to the best of my ability. It's by Theodore Roosevelt and says "Do what you can, where you are, with what you have". That is my driving force... for without that thought, I would curl up and just feel sorry for myself. I've learned that does me no good. I don't know how I'll feel each day, nor what part of me may hurt, or if I'll even have the strength to do the most mundane things. Sometimes getting dressed, making myself something to eat, and keeping those that rely on me alive too.. those simple things can be a huge task. Then add in unbearable pain, and some days I struggle to keep going. Those are the hard days. What has that taught me..? Well, I've learned I must take EVERY bit of pleasure from the good moments, I must dive in head first, laugh loud, smile big, and enjoy the good moments in every single second for whatever feeling or joy or comfort or knowledge they may bring.. because I don't know what tomorrow holds for me.
PIF has helped me to do that, for this I am SO grateful. PIF and it's members allows me to find the joy, find the need, find the place I belong, and places that I can help. It has brought so much joy and love into my life, when I really needed it most. It's my own secret treasure.
But I digress..
Because I've moved around a lot, and met so many great people, I've been able to understand and see many different ways of living, different styles of thinking. For these reasons I love all the little things that make us human, and I consider myself lucky and blessed to be a part of this world. I look constantly for ways that I can add to the joy, and make this world a better place.
That's me in a nut shell.

Bug I fill ya with the back and uncle art thing, The fist year When I was told how bad thigs were with my back and neck I was so depressed it wasn't funny. I gained 50 pounds and was afraid to do anything. Then one day I said to myself, self this is no way to live. I lost the weight and went back to life.
I was working at starbucks manager in Kroger but I can't do the 40 plus hour a week thing. I got ordained to do a friends wedding and thats how I started doing weddings.
I have my own business but I don't charge alot so it's not really a business I just love love.

tyleris12

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2010
Michigan
I just spent the last hour (maybe) reading through all these posts and learning some new things about everyone, so thanks for bumping this Tuck! Most of you should have seen me around here, so I’ll tell you all a little about myself :)

My name is Sandy and I am 48 yrs. Old, have two grown daughters (Jeaneil -30 and Crystal - 29) and my awesome son, who is 13 right now. His name is Tyler and that is why my screen name is tyleris12…well, he was 12 when I joined…LOL!:laugh: I live with my boyfriend, whom I have been with for over nine years now, so we might as well be married! I work as a Purchaser and Warehouse Coordinator at an Ethanol Plant here in Michigan. Very cool place to work and I love my job, but not liking some of the people I have to work with…such is life tho. My BF lost his job three years ago, so he went to college for Nuclear Engineering for 2 .5 years, got his degree, and of course still can’t find a job in this crazy economy. So it’s up to me to support us for now, but at least we own our own home and are pretty healthy, so I know in a lot of ways we are very fortunate!!

I use to smoke 1.5 pks. a day and found e-cigs back in April of 2010. I vaped and smoked for a while, but eventually just stopped buying analogs and now I haven’t had one in over a year!! My BF still smokes analogs and I have given up on trying to get him to vape, so he is banned to the enclosed porch to smoke. I found out I can only vape 100% VG juices and finding some good ones was probably my biggest struggle. I love my Provari and my carto tanks, with my Virgin Vapor Organic 100% VG juices, so life is pretty good.

The people I have had the honor to meet here are so awesome and I couldn’t be more thankful to be part of such a wonderful group!!!:wub: I hope all the people who have helped me in one way or another know how thankful I am and hope I am able to help others out as much as I have been helped!

AngelsRUs

ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2011
Montana
I like to be called Angel or Angels as Elixir has taken to calling me.
I am a woman. Married, 7 kids total presently. Right now I am using a v2 e-cig...fav MOD to be determined later!
I plan on trying out DIY juice as it is right up my alley of interests.

I love doing anything craftsy and creative. From cooking from scratch, to crocheting, to drawing, to DIY anything! I could go on but I don't want to bore you all. I play guitar and write songs for my pleasure and that of my kiddies.

I probably started smoking earlier than anyone I have ever known and I am soooo greatful to have found vaping as a substitute! I am new around here and thought I would come in and say Hello ya'll!

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
Oh so long and so much gear ago! :laugh: Bumping this up for new members. :)

I read it! :)

I'm 41, have a beaufiful baby girl, Livi, who is 19 months old. I stay at home with her and my partner of 13 years, Beth, works outsided the home. I keep another baby a few days a week.

I have degenerative joint disease and have good and bad days, but mostly good. :)

I prefered to be called Chelle, although my full name is Michelle. :)

I started vaping in November of 2009 and my devices of choice are a 510 eGo or a 3.7v box mod...and sometimes I break out the standard 510 auto batts to get more of a "smoking a cig" sensation. Love Boge cartomizer, either standard or low resistance...and have new found love for low resistance atty's after thinking I'd hate atty's for life.

Best of luck to Tim! If you guys need anything, let us know! :)

Vchick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 18, 2010
NE Ohio
well, I'll bring mine back up for those who don't know me.........

My name is Vicki, been moking since I was 15, started vaping with a overpriced kiosk e-cig, July 2010. Single, have a goober of a doggie Gus and we do the agility/obstacle course on the weekends. Sadly no contests, he tends to play on things out of order.......:glare:

I remember hearing about these things (e-cigs) several years ago, but 2 summers ago my neighbors were talking about getting one to help them quit mokeing. I jumped on, I have COPD mainly because of chronic bronchitis and chemical exposure from being a nail tech. for 15 years. The breathing was really making just short walks extremely difficult.

It's now been 2 years and no stinkies, yeah!

I think I'm getting a bad reputation (all brought on by myself no less!) as being witty and sarcastic. I like long walks on the beach, I'm an Aquarius, oooops my bad, wrong thread.....!

Been moking VS menthols as long as I can remember, have been hooked into the diy juice thing, so far have tried all the coffees, blackberries, blueberries, my fav mixes have been hypno with menthol and candy cane. I started at 24mg and 2 weeks ago am down to zero nic..................yes it can be done!

I love PIF, have received many packages from wonderful folks and love doing secret santa!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread