Ggts button,changed to magnets.amazing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vinnyngo69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2012
Australia

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio
The magnets are 5,8 x 3,2 mm
Manufactured especially for the GG Firebutton

Could you please post a link to these magnets

The link by Vinnyngo69 are the same magnets posted in previous magnet threads
People have had problems with them because the GGTS switch body is 6mm ID
If you buy 100 maybe 30 of them will barely fit because they are 6mm OD
They are also susceptible to jamming in the switch since they barely fit at best

internal hole of button is exactly 6mm glaus. So maybe some magnets will work, some not. It depends on the tolerance of the magnets as they are not made equal each other

Yes, My posts are invisible to most ECFers
Sorry for the inconvenience

Last edited:

RiverNut

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2012
Texas
Always glad to help out the family when I can Ratman, and I'm glad it fixed your pecular issue. You are right in saying they are not for everyone though. I didn't care for them and once I had all brass contacts including springs (especially the button), my GGTS' perform flawlessly, with or without a Kick. Options are always welcome in products though and it's cool that magnets are an option for those who prefer it.

Supacrazyguy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2012
Swieqi , Malta
thanks vinny....now just to get hold of a ggts withoutspending arm and leg in classy

If you got a half decent setup it would be wise to just wait for a preorder . at the end as lovely as the ggts is it won't change your vape apart from the air control and battery flexibility.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

glauserjg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 16, 2012
buffalo,ny
+
and the 4 in 1 connector and the automatic adjustment of center pole, and the collector tank that collects exess liquid and the better way that air comes to the atomizer supa:)

also the place where button is

Agree with Imeo, It will change your vape exponentially!

Vinnyngo69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2012
Australia
These magnets all fit perfectly in all my GGTS buttons, non of them tight fit whatsoever. Note: All my buttons are current buttons.

Tobarger: You said people were having issue with these magnets, they must have old buttons. Do you have issue with these magnets yourself or you just hear from people? :)

Last edited:

tobarger

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 28, 2010
NorthCoastOhio
These magnets all fit perfectly in all my GGTS buttons, non of them tight fit whatsoever. Note: All my buttons are current buttons.

Tobarger: You said people were having issue with these magnets, they must have old buttons. Do you have issue with these magnets yourself or you just hear from people? :)

Here is one magnet thread, there are others with the same Gaussboys ring magnet link
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/321822-new-switch-magnet-modifications.html
Do a search for "magnet" in the thread title in the GG forum

It is possible that these magnets are now smaller than 6mm OD, even though they are still listed as being 6mm
Your posts are the only posts I've seen to indicate this, I hope you're right
According to Imeo the GGTS switch body has an ID of 6mm

Last edited:

Vinnyngo69

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2012
Australia
I know I am right, because I am using them inside all my GGTS and Stealth buttons at the moment, and I change springs straight away to magnets every time I have new buttons.

Here is one magnet thread, there are others with the same Gaussboys ring magnet link
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/gg/321822-new-switch-magnet-modifications.html
Do a search for "magnet" in the thread title in the GG forum

It is possible that these magnets are now smaller than 6mm OD, even though they are still listed as being 6mm
Your posts are the only posts I've seen to indicate this, I hope you're right
According to Imeo the GGTS switch body has an ID of 6mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread