Ggts button,changed to magnets.amazing!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LongHaul

Howdy Y'All
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2012
Bradenton, Florida
I would be more supportive of magnets if there was 0% chance of misfires and if I could somehow use more magnets to make the button as tight as the spring is...
How often do you guys go through button springs anyway?

You are going to have misfires on both setups, to me I like the magnets mostly they seem smoother and better connected when I have the switch adjusted correctly. I set the switch so that everything bottoms out at the same time it contacts the axis post.
I have seen GG's that never fired very well under the spring and the magnets were a god send. I also personally have one switch that don't like them at all. Really at the end of the day it's personal preference.

subver

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
United States
subver.com
You are going to have misfires on both setups, to me I like the magnets mostly they seem smoother and better connected when I have the switch adjusted correctly. I set the switch so that everything bottoms out at the same time it contacts the axis post.
I have seen GG's that never fired very well under the spring and the magnets were a god send. I also personally have one switch that don't like them at all. Really at the end of the day it's personal preference.

Ah interesting.. maybe I just got lucky as I haven't had any misfires with the spring, but had a couple with the magnets (which still isn't really a huge deal) - I would probably use them if I could somehow find stronger magnets, but those neodymium magnets are probably the strongest we can get, yeah?

trajansung

Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
I am not sure if anyone wants to try this, but here it goes; I lost my button spring and needed to use my GGTS. I had an extra battery spring (tension is a lot higher) that I put into the button. I never use the lock control on the button and used to burn my pants. Not anymore--The tension is higher and I never feel that warmth anymore in my pocket lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread