GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Here you go folks :)

Shout out to @h00ligan at 8:37 ;)

Nice, Q!

I kinda run split wicks with the single-hole topper as my daily. I loop the wick on one side (a la spheroid loop build a long while ago) and feed it through the topper, cutting and splitting the wick in opposite directions as it pokes through.

Before putting the topper on, though, I first run one tail along the deck behind the posts. The other I wrap around the front part of the deck (making sure not to block the vent).

This has been working very well for my fluffed build and I only occasionally have liquid in the lower chamber as that probably came directly from the coil and went through the vent hole.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Nice, Q!

I kinda run split wicks with the single-hole topper as my daily. I loop the wick on one side (a la spheroid loop build a long while ago) and feed it through the topper, cutting and splitting the wick in opposite directions as it pokes through.

Before putting the topper on, though, I first run one tail along the deck behind the posts. The other I wrap around the front part of the deck (making sure not to block the vent).

This has been working very well for my fluffed build and I only occasionally have liquid in the lower chamber as that probably came directly from the coil and went through the vent hole.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Thanks brother :)

Suchtie

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2014
Vienna / Austria
Perfect combination for the trouser pocket :thumbs:

Spheroid-auf-Gizmo17-V2.jpg

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
GP Paps V4 and Kayfun5 seem to be a match made in heaven :)

1) Both are of the exact same texture (same brushed finish, same hue).
2) The mod hits hard ~ so does the atty. A flavorful combo.
3) The V4 switch makes it a pleasure to fire-up this heavy puppy.
4) Both engravings match up easily.
5) GPin and the new topcap makes it sit flush as if it were a hybrid.

Domino77

May 21, 2016
Cornwall, UK
On my spheroid the positive assembly all but falls out vs the heron it's extremely difficult / must be lubricated to get in and requires pushing out with a screwdriver. Time for an o ring change on the spheroid disc ?

Edit again. Changed the o ring to no avail. The problem here is if I want to build without a battery in the piccoloid it's impossible. The minute I apply the lightest tap to the positive screw it falls out. What can I do To Make it sturdy like the HnP ? Is this all Spheroids or is something wrong potentially? It's been that way since bought it. I just hadn't mentioned it yet.

Here is what's in one spares bag for the piccoloid. The part that came With the spheroid. I'm honestly at a bit of a loss as to where a couple of these o Rings go tbh. Maybe for the 510 screw I don't have.

69be7aec657660c7660b2a9545325f09.jpg

Should be grouped by like sizes. Seems I have five that fit the disc and probably other parts. No idea where he thick brown one goes. Or the two small thick black Ones.

Here's what I'm talking about. Regarding the easy falling out. It's nice to build with no battery in for extra safety and because I rarely loco the piccoloid as it doesn't pocket fire. But I can't.

None of my O-rings seem thicker than the others

e3bd3eae2c2e90a48641cd3582a5c234.jpg

The other problem with the disc being tangibly smaller is the way it can wind up sitting inside the stainless base. It can be super tilted which makes assembling the gpin a huge pain. Please note the gpin is on correctly and level. The whole assembly with the black disc is tilted.

534389529ae983c7a52ad09101ffb3e1.jpg

Can someone confirm the thickness of the o ring which is placed around the black disk? Mine are around 1mm (inexpensive caliper). I'm guessing that's right and I need to Order a new black disc to resolve the issues. Seems strange that would be off from wear, was there ever a run that wound up being a hair to small @perseus ? Or are they all like this and you tightened the combination for the heron? I don't like building on mech mods with batteries in them. Feel like it's tempting fate.

Hi there h00ligan,

I too am interested in the size of some of the O'rings on the heron v2. The tilt that you have managed to achieve is due to the positive assembly being rotated inside the main body of the atty. I have found the solution that using a pair of snipes on the Gpin and rotating it until it sits flat solves the tilt of the Gpin assembly. I have managed to munge both of my o'rings for the topper through just pulling the topper on/off. It's the smallest O ring and am on the hunt for replacement Viton o'rings. (Lube all o'rings!)

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Hi there h00ligan,

I too am interested in the size of some of the O'rings on the heron v2.

Here you are:
  • 4x food grade Viton© 18x1 O-rings for the main parts.
  • 1x food grade Viton© 17x1,5 O-rings for the bell.
  • 1x food grade Viton© 15x1 O-rings for the bottom side of the topper.
  • 2x food grade Viton© 6x1 O-rings for the drip tip.
  • 1x food grade Viton© 3x1 O-rings for the top side of the topper.
GP Heron Replacement Kit version 2

GP Heron O-rings Set

Domino77

May 21, 2016
Cornwall, UK
Here you are:
  • 4x food grade Viton© 18x1 O-rings for the main parts.
  • 1x food grade Viton© 17x1,5 O-rings for the bell.
  • 1x food grade Viton© 15x1 O-rings for the bottom side of the topper.
  • 2x food grade Viton© 6x1 O-rings for the drip tip.
  • 1x food grade Viton© 3x1 O-rings for the top side of the topper.
GP Heron Replacement Kit version 2

GP Heron O-rings Set
Much appreciated Perseas,

Nearly jumped the gun and ordered the wrong topper o rings. Bust both of them so far. Bit too heavy handed I think!!!

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Well here's my update.

Literally things couldn't be going worse in my life.
Back is terrible. Rehab not working/ making things worse and I found out I do Need more surgeries, including the brain surgery I was hoping to avoid.

I got an infection due to a medication which then caused my ear drum to explode leaving me half deaf. - for which I saw the expert and on the way home I got a flat tire (I drive AWD car which meant I had to buy four new tires).

Then Someone stole $600 out of my bank account through a hacked vaping site.

I found a lump in a personal area which now has to be biopsied

I had a bad battery ruin a $250 boxer mod. It just shirted internally I guess and screwed it up.

Then I fell getting out of the shower when ironically an anti slip bath mat slid in on itself which left me with bruised ribs and a concussion.

To top that all off a few months after surgery / when all this stuff came around and when I found out I needed more of them my lifelong girlfriend decided she was giving up on us and told me to leave. Making me spend even more Money I don't have on hotels and short term accommodation.

Oh and my dogs valley fever is back but now I don't get to see her anymore either and she's my favorite thing in the world.

As the last part of this ten day hell was me dropping my favorite mod the piccoloid on to black top halfway ruining it.

I don't really know what else to add. I think I forgot some
Things. All this in a two week period. It's unbelievable. It's like I can't have one nice thing or one run of good luck. Next thing will probably be my hotel room getting robbed. A car accident. Or I'll be murdered or something. Which could be sweet relief.

:(

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Can't talk...chain vaping...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's a positive thing !

Well here's my update.

Literally things couldn't be going worse in my life.
Back is terrible. Rehab not working/ making things worse and I found out I do Need more surgeries, including the brain surgery I was hoping to avoid.

I got an infection due to a medication which then caused my ear drum to explode leaving me half deaf. - for which I saw the expert and on the way home I got a flat tire (I drive AWD car which meant I had to buy four new tires).

Then Someone stole $600 out of my bank account through a hacked vaping site.

I found a lump in a personal area which now has to be biopsied

I had a bad battery ruin a $250 boxer mod. It just shirted internally I guess and screwed it up.

Then I fell getting out of the shower when ironically an anti slip bath mat slid in on itself which left me with bruised ribs and a concussion.

To top that all off a few months after surgery / when all this stuff came around and when I found out I needed more of them my lifelong girlfriend decided she was giving up on us and told me to leave. Making me spend even more Money I don't have on hotels and short term accommodation.

Oh and my dogs valley fever is back but now I don't get to see her anymore either and she's my favorite thing in the world.

As the last part of this ten day hell was me dropping my favorite mod the piccoloid on to black top halfway ruining it.

I don't really know what else to add. I think I forgot some
Things. All this in a two week period. It's unbelievable. It's like I can't have one nice thing or one run of good luck. Next thing will probably be my hotel room getting robbed. A car accident. Or I'll be murdered or something. Which could be sweet relief.

:(

Lordy !
Gentle ((hugs)) and prayers for you and your pup !

God God in heaven. There will be some massively good thoughts and prayers headed your way. I certainly hope that a few things good come your way soon.

Yea...me too !

Me.... Im trying to make sense of what the regulations that are coming really mean. Or even worse, what the regulations currently mean in the EU.

There IS no sense to it...it's devastating :cry:

Reactions: Cucco

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
Whats really bad is I cant seem to find a straight answer anywhere. They paid to have these high valued words included in their rules. And big tobacco is behind all this. Their belly aching because people are.... Well.... GETTING HEALTHIER by their products. Lobbyist idiots.
But... from what in hearing it seems that EU has it the worst. At least in the sense that something is either coming or here already. And I cant figure that out either. So I’m just vaping away.
Im not personally worried for myself of jojo because we have gear and we will do more diy juice but still.

Reactions: Cucco

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland
@h00ligan - I'm saddened by your update about the poor state of your health, your relationship, your dog, your car, your vape gear, and your financials. I'll be thinking of you and hoping that the future beings better circumstances.

FDA deeming and EU, state, and municipal regulations really have me down. We'll see how things progress but it just seems that the outcome will be somewhere between terrible and devastating. Lots of people are talking about their stocking up and I too have been purchasing additional nicotine for the freezer and spares and odds and ends. I still prefer vendor eliquid, but I've been making some DIY. I can't make anything really great yet, but could get by if need be.

I've been regularly enjoying my Paps v4 and I use my Piccolo v4 and Paps X Ti at least once during the week. I haven't bought any mods in a while, but there's really no need. I prefer tube mods and I already own the best mechanical mod on the planet and I can't imagine what improvements could be made to the Paps v4 to make it better.

It seems that the only atomizers that I use these days are the Spheroid and the Sophia. Believe it or not, I've purchased a number of nice cartomizer tanks lately. In addition to the best mechanical mods, it seems that the Greeks also make the best cartomizer tanks, and the GP SnP Tank is at the very top of my list. It seems funny to me that after a very long time away from them that I've gone back to using cartomizer tanks on a daily basis, but in terms of the vapocalypse I think that I would be fine with my collection of mechanical mods and Spheroids and Sophias.

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
Thanks all. I figure if it gets any worse it probably means I'm out of my misery!

Regulations are clearly a ploy by big tobacco to get into a market excluding them. And because they spread so much money to so many via lobbying and bribes. They get it.

I'll figure out how to get another spheroid sometime soon hopefully. I wish I could get the same performance from my heron but the spheroid to me is the unicorn vape. I'll probably try to sell the Hnp to support another spheroid given my situation at present. :/ vape budget being non existent is probably the least of my issues.

Th and again for the well wishes all. Nuts certainly the most trying time in my life by a landslide.

I'm off tomorrow to go and move more things. Which is definitely not making the back better but when the love of your life says get out - wel there's not much point in arguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread