GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliffy15

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Honolulu, HI
Hey everyone :) I've been rather out of the vaping scene lately, but I wanted to both the stop by and say hi and get a feel for what y'all are doing in reaction to the latest FDA rulings since this is one of the few forums I even bother to read anymore.

My GP setups are still running strong and I've been been vaping the same DIY liquid almost exclusively for the past couple of years.

At this point I sure am glad that I got into GP mechs, rebuildables, and DIY liquid. I don't plan on quitting vaping at all and I think I am fairly comfortable with my long-term outlook even if I buy nothing new (not sure on how any potential regulation may affect the GP team).

For now I plan to stock up on a bunch of nicotine liquid and GP spare parts, if available.

My Paps and Paps Xs are safe. I thought, briefly, about giving away some extraneous stuff to friends but am now hoarding everything!

My atties are still running strong! (I have two Heron v1s (that I really need replacement + post insulators for), a Heron v2, and a dripper that should last me for the foreseeable future.

Ideally, I should stock up with at least another HnP, some GPins, and possibly a Piccoloid for good measure. :)

I'm not sure how the regulation will change the sales/cost of hardware from GP but if it doubles due to some unforeseen taxation (not even sure how they would catch that for international sales) there are going to be some droughts in between hardware upgrades for me. :-(

yankeebobo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2012
Western MA
I'm with you cliffy. I have what I need. I did get a couple regulated mods but that's it. The mech mods will outlive me.

I would imagine that true parts should not be a huge deal to get. The mods and attys may be smoother story at some point. But I can't seem to get a straight answer anywhere about what happens when. I know August 8th is a cutoff and I'm guessing that there is some grace period and approval period. But when? I don't know.

landman2k1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2013
McKinney, Texas
I'm not sure how the regulation will change the sales/cost of hardware from GP but if it doubles due to some unforeseen taxation (not even sure how they would catch that for international sales) there are going to be some droughts in between hardware upgrades for me. :-(

If it comes down to it, I'm pretty sure GP can discontinue their e-cig business and become purveyors of high-end flashlight parts. ;)

Firestorm

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2012
Chicagoland

I don't see how US federal or state regulations would have an impact on the price of gear from Vapourart. I don't expect Vapourart to submit costly applications to the FDA (which the FDA would problem deny anyway). I don't believe that the feds or state governments can tax such goods from out of the country. I would be more worried about shipping as I can envision DHL refusing to ship vaping products in to the US at some point. I think that it would be harder for USPS to block such packages but with enough incentive, money, and IT technology they could.

We're already seeing some US states passing legislation to kill out of state internet sales of vaping products. I doubt that Vapourart would be worried about Utah suing them for example, but I expect that more and more states will pass similar legislation.

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
An interruption to the discussion for ads :)

GP_Dripper_coming_soon.jpg

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
OK. Seriously though. It's that a whole new design? Or are you borrowing a heron base with just a new cap?

The design is brand new, everything has been designed from scratch, it is our own approach to a dripper, the tolerance of the base interior parts is insane, you'll understand when I upload photos of the interior the coming days. The machining of the base is very time consuming, over 15 minutes just for the interior ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread