GP Series by VapourArt - Official Thread for GP Spheroid, GP PAPS, X, GP Piccolo, GP SnP and more - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Here's wishing everyone A Very Very Prosperous 2017 my friends!

New Year 2017 Card2.jpg

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
Hello, everyone! I have a question! I'm thinking of getting the latest Piccoloid (as a GP newb, but I've been coveting the Piccolo and Spheroid separately for years), but it looks like I would also need to get the Spheroid 510 adapter as a separate add on purchase if I want to use the Spheroid on other mods, is that correct?

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com
Hello, everyone! I have a question! I'm thinking of getting the latest Piccoloid (as a GP newb, but I've been coveting the Piccolo and Spheroid separately for years), but it looks like I would also need to get the Spheroid 510 adapter as a separate add on purchase if I want to use the Spheroid on other mods, is that correct?

Hello mate,

The latest Piccoloid hybrid is version 2, but we have available the Piccoloid v1 combo which uses the Spheroid v3 + Piccolo v4 via 510 connection instead of the hybrid connection of Piccoloid v2 (Spheroid v4 + Piccolo v3 via GPin). The 510 Spheroid adapter is compatible only with Spheroid v4. If you purchase a Piccolo v4 and you have a Spheroid v3, you don't need any adapter. The same applies if you have a Spheroid v4 with 510 connection. The 510 adapter is needed in 2 cases:
1. if you want to use a Spheroid v4 with a Piccolo v4 in 510 mode with the Piccolo's top cap.
2. If you have a Piccoloid v2 and want to use the Spheroid v4 with other mods.

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
Thank you, perseas! Decisions!

Will think on it some more. I do love the Piccoloid v2's smaller size. I've also been looking around to find some dependably authentic AW 14500 batteries. I don't think Vapourart is selling them on the site, right? Where do you get yours?

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013

Will think on it some more. I do love the Piccoloid v2's smaller size. I've also been looking around to find some dependably authentic AW 14500 batteries. I don't think Vapourart is selling them on the site, right? Where do you get yours?
I own and love my Piccoloid v2. I also have the 510 pin. You never know what configurations you may want to try so it's good to have all possibilities available. Or, you can do what I did - buy another Spheroid v4 to use with 510! Can never have enough :)

perseas

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 11, 2011
Athens, Hellas
www.vapourart.com

Check out the #10636 post regarding 14500 AW batteries please.

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Thanks for the input, MsLoud! I think I'm going to ...

So, while I'm spending your money - get the Ultem top cap! OMG it is too sexy! OH and the Ultem matching drip tip - I love the long one on my Spheroid!

Pic for effect
98ed47042ff655d3ae4855951def48db.jpg

tazzle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2014
Athens, Greece
eep, the battery issue is sort of setting me back on my heels a bit. For 3 batteries, 45€ with vat and shipping. I might have to wait a bit and see if I can find a more reasonable solution, since it just sort of puts it all a bit over the top of what I was mentally setting aside to pay! *painful*

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
These options are new to me on the Piccoloid v2
What do they mean please?

GP Classy in brushed finish, +12,00 €
GP Classy in polished finish, +12,00 €
GP Vase in brushed finish, +12,00 €
GP Vase in polished finish, +12,00 €
GP AFR for MTL set of 2 for GP Spheroid v4 only., +5,00 €