Grunt Vapor SIB (standard issue box)- a new bottom feeding mech mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Ok I have a Cana mod that is the same, I don't think that would auto fire so I think I'm ok.....should be here tommorrow, already got a standard build ready to go...lol I'll be stalking the mailman.

My SIB should also be showing up tomorrow... assuming USPS doesn't take it on a field trip. Can't wait to get this thing. It'll also be my first Odin, which I'm pretty stoked about. My REOs may not get as much attention tomorrow.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
My SIB arrived yesterday... and it was DOA. Total bummer. It's on the way back to Vapor Craft now for diagnosis and repair. First mod I've ever purchased which was dead out of the box. I will say though, VC/Grunt customer service has been excellent so far. I'll update again when I get the mod back, hopefully sometime next week.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
My SIB arrived yesterday... and it was DOA. Total bummer. It's on the way back to Vapor Craft now for diagnosis and repair. First mod I've ever purchased which was dead out of the box. I will say though, VC/Grunt customer service has been excellent so far. I'll update again when I get the mod back, hopefully sometime next week.
I hate to hear that! I'm 4 for 4 with them...all work perfectly. I'm sure Eric will fix it up quickly...good folks over there.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
SIB is back from repair. No explanation of what was wrong but, hey, it works... that's all I really care about. I really like this mod. My first Odin as well and probably not my last. I also really like the BVT drip tips. Helluva deal for $155 IMO.

Finally joining the party:

KYZ59uB.jpg

BraveNewWorld

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2014
Pennsylvania
I have 2 Odins, one regular & one bf. I love them other than the center post screw cutting my 28ga wire. I've been wrapping it around the center post screw now with 28ga.
Remove your center screw and file the very tip that contacts the wires. It'll stop cutting them. Remove the harsh outline and smooth it down.
There's a sharp edge on the bottom of the screws after manufacture and that is what is cutting your wire. A guillotine effect of sorts.

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
SIB is back from repair. No explanation of what was wrong but, hey, it works... that's all I really care about. I really like this mod. My first Odin as well and probably not my last. I also really like the BVT drip tips. Helluva deal for $155 IMO.

KYZ59uB.jpg
Awesome! I'm glad they got it sorted out for you, buddy! I really do like mine...so far they're all still working perfectly. Pro tip: I swapped out the tubing and cap for the ones we get from REO mods. I mount the tube the same as on a reo (drop of glue) and fill the same as a reo (unscrew bottle leaving cap and tube in the mod). The tubing fits tighter and there's less chance of an air leak.
There's a chance I didn't need to do that, but psychologically it is an improvement.

BraveNewWorld

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2014
Pennsylvania
I just
Thanks, I'll attempt to do that this weekend. Grab the screw head with vice grips so it doesn't move around?
held it and used a stone attachment on a dremel.
It's a very small ridge of metal so holding it would work but vice grips would be faster, whatever way works as long as the tip gets smoothed down it will stop chopping your wire.

BraveNewWorld

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 18, 2014
Pennsylvania

KYZ59uB.jpg
Congrats, Still enjoying it? My bottle was a pain at first but it seems to have sealed itself up. I have derringers on my reos as well.... Nice set ups! Lol

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I can tell you this with 100% honesty..... I like it a helluva lot better than the Vapor Flask Squonk. Great theory, poor execution. For less than half price and it comes with an authentic Odin? I love the SIB boxes and I love my REO's. I'm tired of the VF Squonk. It's a bummer because I really like my Vapor Flasks.

VAscooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
Springfield, MO
I received my SIB yesterday and to be honest am pretty pleased with the quality of it. It appears very solid and internal parts look good. Magnetic door is a beast with very strong magnets. I don't have to worry about the doors coming off. I built the Odin and slapped it on. No issues at all with the bottle leaking or squonking. Power button is small but works well. No shutoff as others have stated but will just take out battery when I pack for travel. I also put on my C3 that I had been running on one of my Reos and I feel that the SIB hits harder than my Reo. It may all be in my head but I put the Odin on my Reo and was a more mellow hit than with the SIB. Time will tell how it holds up but I may just be ordering another one of these in the near future.

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
Congrats, Still enjoying it? My bottle was a pain at first but it seems to have sealed itself up. I have derringers on my reos as well.... Nice set ups! Lol

Still digging it, for sure. It is part of my regular daily rotation. My bottle does occasionally leak but not enough to warrant any changes at this point. I have a few extra Reo bottle tops and tubes I can use if it gets any worse. My only gripe with the device is the "Hammond lean". The non-square top and bottom cause it to sit at an angle and the atty to look tilted. But, as far as function goes, it performs well.

I'm not sure I'd buy another one... I have three Reo Grands and a Tmod SX350J in the works. Five BFers is probably my practical limit and I don't see another SIB displacing any of my REOs. I do really dig the green one though, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread