Not open for further replies.

Katdarling

I'm still here on ECF... sort of. ;)
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Utopia
Cifitzu, you can press lightly on the tank face in the B Box to assist in bringing a bit more fluid into the carto, but you can't squonk it. Squonking is pressing/squeezing a bottle to feed an atomizer via a tube. The B Box is a carto tank only, not a bottom feeder.

Cifitzu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2012
Little rock AR
Press juice holder and juice flows to addy Bottom fed? I get it doesn't return any unused juice to the tank. Is that part of defining a bottom feeder? I get its also a carto system.... But then again I'm using a rba in it so is it? Lol I own reos too so I'm not favoring one over the other just asking is this creature in a class of its own or is it a hybrid?

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
^ Yes, this one would be a great addition to the list :)

The oliveR by pdib. Hand made in batches of 10. Each batch takes. 3-4 weeks. You PM pdib to get on the list. The list is growing pretty long. I think their up to like list 10 or higher.

Very impressive mod from a performance, quality and ingenuity standpoint. It's like vapable art that's extremely functional and comfy yet has a feeling of heft and durability.

Many of the parts are readily available should you ever mess it up too :)

Here's mine next to a REO grand for size comparison :)

HYt5Fv9.jpg

Here's his tech thread
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=524238

Last edited:

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered supplier

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
As just mentioned in another thread (credit to Giraut) it appears there has been a new VV/VW 8ml bottom feeder in the world for at least the last three months. The Firebox sold by Cigaverte. It looks like a squonker (tube to the bottom of the bottle) and has a VMod-style cone.

They reply to email. And, there are now reviews (in French) on youtube.

EDIT: I see NickCA mentioned it and I'm being redundant. Sorry.

Last edited:

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand

Giraut

Moved On
Dec 6, 2013
This is in French but gives an idea of size:
Présentation / Firebox / cigaverte / mini a7 - YouTube

I have been wanting a vw bottom feeder for sooo long... I need a review I can understand tho. :blink:

I have one. I can give you a quick review:

- It's heavy. And I mean HEAVY! The case is like 1mm thick steel. You can vape and work out for the next arm wrestling championship with that thing.

- Despite the case being bomb-proof, the screen is protected by a thin flexible plastic sheet. It feels like your thumb could go through it and crush the LCD. Go figure.

- The button has a heavy action. Also, being the only button to vape and navigate the menu, the menu navigation isn't terribly fast - you "select" a menu item by not pressing long enough. It's functional enough though, unless you like to vary your power settings all the time.

- The bottle is a LDPE thingy with a syringe in it, to draw liquid from the bottom. The upside is, you don't have to tilt your mod upside down to feed the atty. The downside is, when you unscrew the bottle, you inevitably press on it ever so slightly, and juice gets wasted. Also, you need to screw the bottle reaaally carefully, lest you strip the bottle's threading.

- The default ACA atomizer has a tight draw. Add the beauty ring, and the airflow is even more impeded, which leads to self-feeding. I've drilled eight holes in the beauty ring (very easy, you can't go wrong if you drill at the bottom of each of the 8 flutes on the cone) and enlarged the atty's vent holes, and now it's all peachy. Definitely plan on doing that if you want to be happy with it. Once the draw is loose, it vapes like a champ - and 15W in the supplied atomizer is plenty powerful enough to make impressive clouds.

- The supplied drip tip is metal. Unless you like burning your lips, you'll have to change it to a plastic drip tip.

- It can take a Mini A7, and if you want to use it as a backup battery for a clearo, I've tried it with a Mini Protank 2 and an Evod with a 510 extender. The catch cup is 14 mm in diameter exactly, so those clearos sit nice and tight in it. However, the beauty ring can only accept a 9 mm atty, so you won't be able to use it with the Mini A7, and that's too bad because the beauty ring also stabilizes the topper and protects the 510 connection (it's a heavy-duty steel cone that protects the entire atty-510 connector assembly incredibly well).

- The battery cap has a buttery smooth thread, and it feels nice, solid and well made (and heavy, like the rest of the case). The battery compartment is very tight however: my batteries cames with a QC sticker, and I had to remove it to get the battery to slide in. On the upside, when you install it, you just let it drop and it slowly and gracefully slides in. Very satisfying in a completely nonessential sort of way :)

- It has a small, unobtrusive hole for a lanyard between the beauty ring and the battery cap. Very, very useful!

- The bottle compartment has a metal threading that matches the bottle's threading and a small screw that acts as a stop to prevent you from screwing the bottle too far in. When you insert the bottle, a small needle connected to the bottom of the 510 connector slides into the bottle's tip and completely the juice connection. The aforementioned needle is electrically connected to the mod's PCB with what looks like a small gauge wire - but it's adequate obviously - and the base of the needle is embedded in some kind of white goop, cement or epoxy resin of some kind. It doesn't look terribly pretty inside, but it seems functional enough.

- It's small enough to fit comfortably in a small shirt pocket (althougth the impressive weight of the thing will make you fear for your shirt pocket's seams), and almost small enough to qualify as a stealth vaping device, if you have big hands.

- It has a proper power supply. If you don't like mechanicals and you prefer to have protection against shorts and a 10s puff time limit, this is one of the few bottom feeders that do a proper job of it.

- It's power-hungry: if you vape a lot, you'll need two 18500 batteries to get you through the day at 11W. One battery will last long enough to process about 3 ml of juice.

- It's cheap.

In short, if you like small, bomb-proof, electronic, and don't mind a little DIY to make it truly perfect, this is the bottom feeder for you.

I'll try to post some pictures when I have a little time. In the meantime, if you need more info, just let me know.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sewknitty

six

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2011
under the blue sky
In the meantime, if you need more info, just let me know.

I would encourage you to repost this in the reviews section when you get some photos. And when you do, any info about the manufacturer would probably be appreciated so US and Canadian vapers might try to figure out if it is or will be possible to buy from North America.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
I have one. I can give you a quick review:

Thank you. I just asked this next question on a another thread because I hadn't seen your great review. On a video I watched it looked as if the bottom of the juice bottle is exposed and its not completely encased in the mod. Seems there is a hole at the bottom. Wondering if I have that right.

Giraut

Moved On
Dec 6, 2013
Thank you. I just asked this next question on a another thread because I hadn't seen your great review. On a video I watched it looked as if the bottom of the juice bottle is exposed and its not completely encased in the mod. Seems there is a hole at the bottom. Wondering if I have that right.

Yeah it's open at the bottom. The bottle is screwed into the mod so it doesn't drop out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread