• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Health Question concerning your pet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nighthawk

ECF Veteran
Jun 4, 2010
Southeast Texas
I have one dog left to neuter, and then all the cats. Mama cat actually is going to go to the top of the list. She wasn't ever supposed to BE mama cat in the first place. Now we have 5 of the 6 kittens too. I only managed to get one a home. They are all quiet lovely, but I didn't want 6 cats!!! Too late now. Wish I had been able to afford to get her fixed earlier! Still can't afford it really. But I did find someone to help with the costs at long last. Stinks to be a poor person's cat! Love don't cost a thing, thankfully.

ParrotLover

ECF Veteran
Feb 25, 2011
Southern California
Hot Spots.
Buddie & we fight this every year and this year is no different. The damp cool rag is out, so is the spray, and the lamp shade is on. She hates the lamp shade!!!
Benadryl anyone?

Benadryl for a dog can help some.... Dog dosage is 1mg per pound of body weight. Good luck.... let me know how it works.

Survivors Mom

ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2011
Texas
Allergy and hot spots related:

One of my girls has a terrible problem with hot spots. I've found Genesis spray from my vet works wonders. It's a bit stingy but it heals it quickly. The last couple of years hasn't been as bad for her for some reason, thank goodness. If it gets too raw and bloody (which happens before you realize it) you can also use a spray I get from the feed stores. It's call Furall and it's a topical spray for wounds on horses and cattle. Works great for the dogs! It comes out yellow and sticks to the hot spot to help it heal a bit before using the Genesis.

Another one of my girls has major skin allergies. She's been on Temeril P and Genesis spray for years. Not good, but the only way we could keep it under control. I tried every shampoo and food out there that I could afford. Last year I tried her on Blue and it helped so much! Then I tried her on Taste of the Wild (a little cheaper than Blue) and ta-da! No more itchies at all! She loves the salmon flavored and the other dogs are jealous. :) No more Temeril P, no more Genesis spray, nothing. And to think... all these years (she's 12 and I've had her since she was 5 weeks old) of trying to find her some comfort and FINALLY she's relaxed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread