• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What do you do around the house (like singing) that your pet reacts to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snarkypaws

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 11, 2010
USA
I have a Chihuahua named Walter who thinks he's a Rottweiler. I don't sing around my 'children' for the same reason I don't let them see me naked...don't want to scar them for life. Walter, however, stops in his tracks every time the Empire carpet commercial comes on and when they say that final "Empire" he starts howling like a wolf.

sherlynn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2010
IN
My cat loves plastic, if he hears it he is right in my lap. Downloaded a cat soundboard on my Droid, drives him crazy looking for the other cat, he looks out windows, door and down the hallways searching for the cat. Also, with my parrots, any noise I make they will try and imitate. I have an african grey that does the microwave, smoke alarm, fork scratching a plate, they love to sing and dance and they make me laugh every day. Simon the grey used to do the telephone ringing back when I had a landline. I just quit answering it one day and my dad shows up asking me why I wasn't answering the phone (sigh), oh and the little stinker waited until I was alone and in the shower to sound of the smoke alarm. I grabbed a towel, ran out to see what was wrong and he was laughing at me!! Life with pets, gotta love'em!!

Sylvie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2010
USA
We currently have one dog and a houseful of cats, so when I want peace and quite, aka fur not getting in my eliquid when I refill cartos for the day, all I have to do is walk up to the vacuum and turn it on & off, and poof the living room is magically empty :)

One kitty likes when I get pots out to cook. One day I put a large pot on the stove and walked into the living room to see what a noise was. When I walked back into kitchen there was a kitty in the darn pot.. Prior to this episode I wondered why there was often cat hair in my pots, now I know why lol

seamonkey

Feb 9, 2010
Louisiana
I have 2 dogs and 3 cats. One of my cats LOVES music. He sleeps in the bed with me, but rarely comes and sits in my lap. I was playing the piano and he came and sat on the bench next to me, then the little ....... bit me because I was playing instead of petting him. If I sing, he comes and sits in my lap and head butts me. I thought he might be deaf when I got him because he is all white with 1 blue eye and 1 yellow eye, but apparently not.

And ALL the animals like to get involved when I'm working out. i was having issues with my contacts and was wearing my glasses. I took them off to do push ups and one of my cats ran off with them. And if I'm doing ab work or meditation during yoga, they all think I'm dead and come head .... me. George, my pug dauchsand mix decided to wake me up by doing a flying leap from the couch, directly onto my stomach

beckah54

Dog Lover!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Ohio
The funniest one is my dog, Max. There is a siren that goes off here at 12:00 noon every day. Max listens for a few moments then starts this very loud, very sad howling. He bays like a wolf. It is hilarious but you would probably have to see it to appreciate it. Sometimes I imitate the sound just to watch him. I know, I know, too much time on my hands.lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread