Heart Palpitations

Discussion in 'Health, Safety and Vaping' started by KMAR75, Jan 31, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. KMAR75

KMAR75 Full Member

I started vaping a week ago this coming Wednesday. I've noticed that my heart has been flip flopping, for lack of a better word, has this happened to anyone else since vaping? Just curious. :confused:

2. ScottinSoCal

ScottinSoCal Ultra Member ECF Veteran

It didn't happen to me, but nicotine is a stimulant and will cause your heart to beat faster. What strength are you using to vape? And how often are you vaping? You may be getting too much nicotine.

3. hairball

hairball ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

First I would suggest seeing a doctor for a physical to make sure you don't have another problem. If nothing is found, buy a lower nic juice and see what happens. In the meantime, back off a little bit from vaping until you can get into your doctor. Please keep us posted.

4. breaktru

breaktru Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    It's the nicotine. Cut down on your strength or vape less often

5. dormouse

dormouse ECF Guru ECF Veteran

You should see your doctor for any problem like that.

But some common symptoms of too much nicotine are headache, light-headedness, rapid heartbeat. Order some lower nicotine juice if you want to vape as much as you have been, however much that is. And until then, back off on the amount of vaping you are doing.

6. fallon74

fallon74 Supplier Associate ECF Veteran

It most defiantly could be the nicotine level. Try lowering the nicotine and I agree with dormouse about seeing a doctor if the problem persists.

7. rmpetty

rmpetty Senior Member ECF Veteran

Kmar75, I would do as Hairball suggests, check with a doctor. I myself do have heart problems & was just in for a checkup last wednesday. In between parts of the test I went outside for my usual 5 minute walk. When they did the second part of the test my doctor let me listen to a comparison of my heartbeat before my walk & after my walk. The after my walk part was much higher and not exactly as even as before. Nicotine has a definate effect on heart rate & evenness. Good luck. Bob.

8. Rustybux

Rustybux Full Member

I'm 61 years old. My heart has been getting quite a bit of palpitations about a month ago and I was getting a lot of Anxiety and that seems to make the symptoms seem worse than they really are. Anxiety attacks can be scary. I can hear my heart squishing in my ears etc. My mother died of Congestive Heart Failure and that is what scared me. Thought I was getting it.
    I went to the emergency room to have an EKG put on, they didn't find anything wrong, x-rays showed good. Finally talked to my doctor and he said he get funny heart beats all the time and they usually are not life threatening.
    He said if you feel strong chest pains, then you need to worry. He told me to quit smoking and I told him it's almost impossible for me and asked him if he ever smoked.
    He told me "A little secret" He started smoking when he got into Medical School and smoked for 2 years so he knows how hard it is.
    Coffee, nicotine etc will cause heart palpitations. He asked how much coffee I drink, told him 2 cups a day and he said that's fine.

9. amandamaher

amandamaher Full Member Verified Member

Thank you for being so open with your experience. I have had these problems for many years due to anxiety and none of my family has told me ANYTHING about their own issues, which come to find out, both my grandmother and father suffer with the same stuff. It's so nice of you to be so candid.

10. dormouse

When I have too much nicotine my heart does that - couple of irregular beats. Used to do it on cigs too. Try lower nicotine or vape less. I prefer to use lower nicotine.

11. Kent C

Kent C ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nicotine will cause that - I had that happen early on - within the first 2 weeks. My early warning is hiccups - so I stop when that happens - vape lower mg....

12. Iwant2quit

Iwant2quit Full Member

I am having heart palpitations also and only took a few puffs of the white cloud cartridge and it is a low level. Could it be another ingredient this company is using that is causing this? I have smoked different e cigs before and never had this problem.

13. SpiderMo

SpiderMo Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Very well could be, I would stop vaping the white cloud cart and wait a few and try another cart and see, but like others have stated might need to ck with Dr. rule out anything else.

14. VapRon

VapRon Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I had the same experience.
    At the begin with 24mg it was real bad. I went from 24 to 18 and no sign of improvement.
    The heart was all over the place and I got worried about the e-cig. I was so happy not to smoke and was getting devastated because I thought I would need to go back to the analogs.
    I changed it then to 12mg and it got al little better.
    One of my medications was beta blocker. I called my doctor and told him about the situation and the next day went to see him.
    After the tests he told me to stop the Beta Blocker and one of two the Blood Pressure medicines.
    Now I am at 6 mg and if I get an urge 12 mg and feel great.
    I would suggest to talk with your doc and as mentioned already lower the nic.

I am not going back even if I have to go to 0 nic. hi hi
    Wish you the best.

15. nothiefsallowed

nothiefsallowed Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

i had this too, lowered the nic and havent had it since

16. DrJay

DrJay Full Member

See a doctor dude heart problems r nothing to be taken lightly. Good luck

17. SammySweetheart

SammySweetheart Senior Member ECF Veteran

Same thing happened to me. Started at 12 mg, got crazy heart flips, and tossing and turning restlessly in bed all night, and crazy disturbing dreams. Went down to 8's, then 6's. And now vape a combination of 4's and then 0's for mindless vaping while socializing. The heart palpitations stopped when I went to 6's. I was so happy because I definitely didn't want to go back to tobacco.

18. Ralikar

Ralikar Moved On ECF Veteran

I agree -- drop the nic. BUT pls recognize it's nic/time... So you can overvape on almost any level... So don't drop and compensate by vaping more or you may have the same effect.

19. TheZig

TheZig Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

i get this once in a while if i vape like a train for 30 mins straight but i just put it down drink some aqua then continue in 30 mins lol

20. dormouse

Nicotine. I had to drop my nic to the point where I could vape as much as I wanted without getting rapid or irregular heartbeat. I also use 3 ecigs (510, KR808D-1, and Riva 510) and one has a 0 nic carto. So if I am vaping a lot I make sure I am doing some of it on the 0 nic. And the longer I am vaping in one sitting the more I use the zero nic one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.