Heart palpitations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamateo

Mar 21, 2018
So, I'm having this reaction to vaping, heart palpitations. Now, before you shout "it's the nicotine, lower the nicotine!". I want to let you know that I'm not a complete idiot, just part-time right now. I DIY my ejuice, so I was able to experiment w/ various strengths. I've tried:
1. Other brands @ 3 & 6 mg
2. My own ejuice @ 6, 3, 1, & 0.
3. Vape vs. Smoke
4. Going w/out
Any ejuice w/ ANY nicotine is causing palpatations that last around 15-30 min. after vaping. Cigarette nicotine does not cause the palpatations. Anyone else having heart problems related to vape nicotine?

Reactions: Vaperer

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
So, I'm having this reaction to vaping, heart palpitations. Now, before you shout "it's the nicotine, lower the nicotine!". I want to let you know that I'm not a complete idiot, just part-time right now. I DIY my ejuice, so I was able to experiment w/ various strengths. I've tried:
3. Vape vs. Smoke
4. Going w/out
Any ejuice w/ ANY nicotine is causing palpatations that last around 15-30 min. after vaping. Cigarette nicotine does not cause the palpatations. Anyone else having heart problems related to vape nicotine?

It is probably a reaction to either the PG or VG, not the nicotine. Since you have DIY supplies try vaping straight PG (0 Nic) to see if you have a reaction, then try straight VG (0 Nic) to see if you have a reaction. If you have a reaction to one or the other, then start DIY without using that ingredient.

Also you should probably see a doctor as there could be additional underlying conditions that you should know about.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I would see a doctor. Answering all the questions listed above might allow some to give you "reasonable" directions to proceed in, but I don't think I would recommend anything until you see a doctor and rule out an underlying medical condition.

If you do any PG/VG experiments, I would do them nicotine free but honestly I wouldn't want to be vaping at ALL if I was getting heart palpitations from [nic and/or insert any other substance in vaping that might be disagreeing with you.]

Go to the doctor, and get your heart checked out. If there is no underlying condition, then you could feel safer in continuing any vaping experiments.

Good luck,

Anna

Vaperer

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2017
So with Vape heart palpitations and with cigarettes no palpitations.
Could you be withdrawing from all of the toxins in normal cigarettes?
I'm not a doctor. But as I've learned there's a ton of different chemicals in an analog as compared to vaping. Just a stab in the dark. Could be most anything. Try to buy some pre-mixed Vape juice cuz maybe you're doing something wrong?
Hope you feel better.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
My friend, this is an internet forum; it is not a medical resource. The opinions you get on here are worth every penny you paid for them. You rely upon them at your own risk. They may stay at Holiday Inns but that does not make them qualified to answer your questions or to give you advice.

ppeeble

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2013
Poole UK
I've been vaping for a number of years and have recently - very recently - started getting palpitations whilst vaping. The fact that i vape may have no bearing on the issue - i could just have easily said i get palpitations whilst breathing or watching the television. I will be going to the doctors next week for a check up. I would suggest you do the same.
Good luck (to both of us).

Antwoord

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2010
U.S.
3. Vape vs. Smoke
4. Going w/out
I have some reactions after I make juice. Not palpitations, but dizziness and tachycardia. Years ago a certain mango flavor would make me feel absolutely terrible. Since around 2011 I have made the same all day vape using only flavor art flavors. There are only maybe five other flavors that I have tried which don’t make me feel funny. I can’t vape 99 percent of commercial e liquid at all, and I never go above 7 percent flavor. After vaping my juice for years my girlfriend has the same reactions to commercial juice/other flavors. I think that getting a checkup is good but there are so many variables involved with e cigs that a doctor can only evaluate your general health. Try diy flavor art tobaccos. I suggest Virginia flavor to start.

Reactions: stols001

Shamateo

Mar 21, 2018
3. Vape vs. Smoke
4. Going w/out
Any ejuice w/ ANY nicotine is causing palpatations that last around 15-30 min. after vaping. Cigarette nic

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Shamateo

Mar 21, 2018
Re: Heart palpitations
Science wins! Science always wins. I'm actually glad that I was the one to have had this heart anomaly. Otherwise, it would probably end up with the thousand + people, that were having similar heart issues, just quiting the vape, and that would have made me very sad. A former Chef de Cuisine, and smoker, I've had great fun crafting DIY flavors like peanut/hazelnut butter s'mores. Yum! But, alas, the problem doth lie adjacent to, and not directly w/ the nicotine. Though, there is, without question, a stronger reaction if a person is using tobacco extracted nicotine vs. synthetic. And, all it took was a lot of strangers trusting me w/ their personal information. Out of 1347 people that contacted me about an odd feeling of pressure along w/ what felt like an irregular heartbeat, I got backgrounds on 50, then worked from there. I'm happy to say that it wasn't the vape juice....alone. It turns out that, for some people, the inhalation of (OTHER STUFF) smoke causes inflammation of the cardio- pulmonary passageway. This sets the scene for our little drama, because when the nicotine is inhaled, it produces a chain reaction of heart/chest palpitation/spasm. So, it's not all good news, especially for people that must use (OTHER STUFF) for medical reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread