• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

helluva time finding PG....

Status
Not open for further replies.

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
farm suppliers are too far from me to order pg.
i called walmart, they can order 2 different manufacturers, ~$8 /500ml of PG.
cheapest VG is at NDA Wholesale Glycerine Vegetable - USP 99.5% but u need a min. of $100 dollar order or there's a $20 admin fee, 5 kg for $14.71, thats about a gallon, theyre located near pearson airport.
i ordered 4 liters of VG from https://www.coopcoco.ca/en delivered w/tax $43.82 canadian, theyre located in quebec

Last edited:
Reactions: Gazoo2You

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
i priced online pg, some maybe cheaper but by the time u add shipping its just easier to order from local pharmacist and price is not that much more or about the same.
cheapest online is ~$40 + delivery + tax + wait=~$60
IDA PHARMACY ~$7.50/500ml *8= ~$80 for 4 liters, including tax.
4 liters of pg mixed w/vg at %50 will lasts anyone for months.
so for vg/pg %50 ratio(4 liters each of pg & vg = 8000mls) vaping at about 30mls/day, 8000mls÷30mls = 266 days.
vg $45 + pg $80 = $125 ÷ 266days = 0.50 cents/day.
i vape about 30mls/day, if u vape less ur costs per day will be lower as i suspect much of u guys/gals do vape less than me.

EDIT:
i just found out that my local IDA pharmacy can order 4 liters of MEDISCA PG for $50+tx.
i called and he ordered it will be there next day, tomorrow, he just needed my name and phone number and will let me know when it arrives, very cool.
VG is from coop coco
new math, $43vg + $56.5pg = ~$100 ÷ 266days = 0.37 cents/day

edit: picked it up

pg_4l_.jpg

Last edited:

Gazoo2You

Nov 28, 2015
i priced online pg, some maybe cheaper but by the time u add shipping its just easier to order from local pharmacist and price is not that much more or about the same.
cheapest online is ~$40 + delivery + tax + wait=~$60
IDA PHARMACY ~$7.50/500ml *8= ~$80 for 4 liters, including tax.
4 liters of pg mixed w/vg at %50 will lasts anyone for months.
so for vg/pg %50 ratio(4 liters each of pg & vg = 8000mls) vaping at about 30mls/day, 8000mls÷30mls = 266 days.
vg $45 + pg $80 = $125 ÷ 266days = 0.50 cents/day.
i vape about 30mls/day, if u vape less ur costs per day will be lower as i suspect much of u guys/gals do vape less than me.

EDIT:
i just found out that my local IDA pharmacy can order 4 liters of MEDISCA PG for $50+tx.
i called and he ordered it will be there next day, tomorrow, he just needed my name and phone number and will let me know when it arrives, very cool.
VG is from coop coco
new math, $43vg + $56.5pg = ~$100 ÷ 266days = 0.37 cents/day

edit: picked it up

pg_4l_.jpg

Ok, so I am doing my first order of everything... VG/PG and looked at DIY Ejuice where for 4000ml I would pay $39.95 so with tax so far that comes to $90.39.....bearing in mind I have a $10 off coupon, so lets say $80.39......I as of this moment, haven't any idea what kind of shipping charge I am looking at for a rough idea of final pricing------plus i am buying Nic there for $85 so that will be included in the shipping.....so if i look at IDA or other pharmacies, will I really be saving much money? Guessing not?? IF not, than I will go with tried and true VG/PG for in my inexperience, I dont want to end up with either the wrong one, or one that tastes poorer, etc.

Am I right in saying i would only save a couple of dollars going though the drug stores, although i would save shipping as i can pick it up 3 minutes from me, likely.not yet positive though.....? It really is not cheap to get going DIY lol........I will be in just for the basics so far at over $350 after flavours and now need syringes glass 30ml bottles and gloves and whatever else i need /sighs

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
Ok, so I am doing my first order of everything... VG/PG and looked at DIY Ejuice where for 4000ml I would pay $39.95 so with tax so far that comes to $90.39.....bearing in mind I have a $10 off coupon, so lets say $80.39......I as of this moment, haven't any idea what kind of shipping charge I am looking at for a rough idea of final pricing------plus i am buying Nic there for $85 so that will be included in the shipping.....so if i look at IDA or other pharmacies, will I really be saving much money? Guessing not?? IF not, than I will go with tried and true VG/PG for in my inexperience, I dont want to end up with either the wrong one, or one that tastes poorer, etc.

Am I right in saying i would only save a couple of dollars going though the drug stores, although i would save shipping as i can pick it up 3 minutes from me, likely.not yet positive though.....? It really is not cheap to get going DIY lol........I will be in just for the basics so far at over $350 after flavours and now need syringes glass 30ml bottles and gloves and whatever else i need /sighs
syringes, gloves, bottles are cheap, check out dollar stores for mixing containers, glass etc.
i bought pg at ida pharmacy, easy and fairly cheap compared to online.
canvape is fairly good for syringes, supplies, flavors imo but depends where ur located.
once hard supplies are bought then costs drop and my one gallon each of pg and vg are good for about a year and a half if i continue to vape at my current levels

Reactions: Gazoo2You

Gazoo2You

Nov 28, 2015
Perfect. Thank you. I am mid/downtown Toronto....I see u r like me. I learned the imperial system so that is still how I picture everything. If you tell me 1 gallon, I instantly can picture how much that is. But if you tell me the equivalent metrically, I must convert first. Sort of like, Temp. I know how hot 75 degrees F is. I also know how hot 30 celcius is. But offhand, I cant tell you exactly what 30 C is in Fahrenheit, without converting. So I am am trying to picture all amounts in mls, etc but have difficulties, than made worse when Americans speak in imperial, gallons, and so forth. it's the constant jumping back and forth between metric and imperial making it harder..lol. Once I see 4000 mls in front of me, I will then know next time how to picture it. But right now I can't. I can picture 40 ounces, etc........Once I get this one big main first order done, it will be easier in future :(

I think this time i will just order it all from DIY ejuice or at least compare prices to Canvape first and then next time I need, source it out one piece at a time. VG from one pharmacy and PG from somewhere else, etc. Thanks, now i know what to do.

Gazoo2You

Nov 28, 2015
syringes, gloves, bottles are cheap, check out dollar stores for mixing containers, glass etc.
i bought pg at ida pharmacy, easy and fairly cheap compared to online.
canvape is fairly good for syringes, supplies, flavors imo but depends where ur located.
once hard supplies are bought then costs drop and my one gallon each of pg and vg are good for about a year and a half if i continue to vape at my current levels

You were right. Going to IDA tomorrow and following rest of your advice, its the shipping that kills ya on the PG/VG thanks

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Veterinary products have a lower standard of purity than human consumption products.

This isn't generally true. In fact, the rules for human food are usually more lax than those for veterinary products. I know, I grew up in the farming/butcher biz.

Reactions: curiousJan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread