• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

helluva time finding PG....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I moved up to Canada from the US about 1.5 years ago. Brought a lot of PG/VG with me. Starting to need some more now and I can't believe the prices up here. Couldn't find it local. One of the vape shops told me to try a bakery!! I bought a gallon of each from EssentialDepot for $44US with free shipping in the US. Shipped it to a place at the border. They charge $3US for the service. Going to collect it next week. Will see what happens when I try to bring it across the border. Thank goodness I still have about 6 or 7 years of nicotine!!

Reactions: Alter

vincom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2014
Philippines
does VG make your chest feel heavy?
for vg affecting chest/lungs it seems it depends on source or producer of vg.
i diy my juice, when i was using life brand vg it did make my chest feel "heavy", for the lack of a better word, when mixing high vg juices.
i then ordered a gallon(4liters) from coop coco and i didnt get that heavy and/or hard to breath in feeling. maybe its just in my head idk.
info on coop coco's Vegetable glycerine: certified GMO free, pharmaceutical grade (USP) and kosher,
Origin: Coconut

imo ymmv

Reactions: corn flakes

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada
does VG make your chest feel heavy?
for vg affecting chest/lungs it seems it depends on source or producer of vg.
i diy my juice, when i was using life brand vg it did make my chest feel "heavy", for the lack of a better word, when mixing high vg juices.
i then ordered a gallon(4liters) from coop coco and i didnt get that heavy and/or hard to breath in feeling. maybe its just in my head idk.
info on coop coco's Vegetable glycerine: certified GMO free, pharmaceutical grade (USP) and kosher,
Origin: Coconut

imo ymmv

I've only bought 2 different VGs,Life Brand and the Medisca both can give me the heavy lung feeling at 60vg/40pg or more.I tend to do 50/50 most of the time trying some 55vg/45pg with no ill effect right now.

BuddJohnson

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
Nanaimo BC
So when you order from say a shoppers drug mart or similar place,Do they look at you and wonder what you need it for? what do you guys usually say?
The first time I bought some PG was from a small pharmacy in Victoria BC in the summer of 2013. I told the pharmacist it was for E-Cigarettes, he said. "probably better than smoking" with a smile and proceeded to fill a small 100ml bottle for me and priced it at $2. He didn't have much on hand so sold me what he could.
The second time I ordered some PG from the local Superstore, she didn't ask what it was for, but I exclaimed to her in curiosity.. " It's for E-Cigarettes", she said...."Oh" and proceeded to order it in for me for 2 days delivery. I've been back there a few times since and she never asks. They actually always have PG in stock as of late, possibly because of vapers new interest in it, I've been sending some locals there.
VG and PG are not considered nefarious substances, I don't think they are concerned at all.

GL
Vape on...

Hitmetwice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2012
Ontario
My pharmacist his brother and one of their staff have quit tobacco since I started buying my PG there a couple years ago. Never an issue getting supplies from there. Have had a few "consultation" meetings in that time, but the consultation runs opposite of the normal consultation process. He really likes his new Nebox. haha.

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Canada
So when you order from say a shoppers drug mart or similar place,Do they look at you and wonder what you need it for? what do you guys usually say?

I told them I was diluting e-juice,pulled my protank mini /vision spinner battery out of my pocket and showed them.They thought it was a great way to get off the siggies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread