Help with choosing the right flavour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whiskurious

Jul 22, 2016
Milan, Italy
Hi, I need a flavour that will complement Capella's Chocolate Brownie Fudge, as well as mixing nicely with a strawberry or berries flavour. I've read a lot of good stuff about Capella's Vanilla Custard V1, however I'm waiting for my favourite online store to restock it and was wondering if maybe there was some other flavour I could buy instead. I've had a look at Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, French Vanilla, Bavarian Cream, and Vanilla Cupcake V2 by the same brand, and now I'm a little confused.
Are they interchangeable, or is one better suited for the use I have in mind? Also, are these flavours sweet or do they require a sweetener?
Any suggestions are very much appreciated, though do bear with me as I live in Italy and not all US brands are available in my country. :)

Last edited:

Rickb119

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2013
Greeley, CO, USA
Reactions: Tommy-Chi

Whiskurious

Jul 22, 2016
Milan, Italy

Whiskurious

Jul 22, 2016
Milan, Italy
FlavourArt Vienna Cream would go nicely with both of those. FA Custard has a lemon note that goes great with most fruit...not so good with chocolate.

Thanks for writing back. :)

Seems like a lot of people enjoy the FlavourArt Vienna Cream, though someone has complained about it smelling (maybe tasting?) a little funky on its own.
I was wondering, do any of these require sweetening?

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
As far as sweetening, it depends on whether you like a lot of sweet or not. Try some without sweetener first, and then if it's not sweet enough, add sweetener a percent at a time until it tastes the way you want.

Personally, I can't think why you'd want to add anything at all to Cap's Chocolate Fudge Brownie. That's good all by itself! I have the other creams you listed and they're all good. I guess I like the French Vanilla best, followed by the Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, and the others. Bavarian Cream is a little heavy to me, but it's good with other bakery type flavors. The Flavour Art Vienna Cream is probably my very favorite cream flavor. Oh, and Cap's Vanilla Whipped Cream is right up there, too, but that wasn't on your list. I haven't found anything yet that Vienna Cream doesn't go with, or the Vanilla Whipped Cream either, for that matter. I have taken to adding some of one of those two flavors to almost every recipe I mix lately, because they're just that good. To me, anyway. Everyone's taste is different. All you can do is experiment and see if you like them in different combinations and percentages.

glasseye

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2012
NJ
Thanks for writing back. :)

Seems like a lot of people enjoy the FlavourArt Vienna Cream, though someone has complained about it smelling (maybe tasting?) a little funky on its own.
I was wondering, do any of these require sweetening?
That's not a flavoring I would use by itself, but I've never noticed it being funky. You should be getting it fresher than most of us so it's probably not a worry. I don't use sweetener per se. Sometimes Marshmallow, just a little bit. That would also go well with the chocolate and fruits with cream. FA's marshmallow is good too.

Whiskurious

Jul 22, 2016
Milan, Italy
Hey Lannie, thanks for your input.

I've tried Cap's CFB alone and unfortunately I kept getting this overpoweringly earthy, almost burnt taste. It's a shame, really, cause I've read so many good things about it. It could be the base liquid I use, hardware, or even just my taste buds; it's hard to tell. What I have managed to do is enjoy it mixed in with Cap's hazelnut and chocolate caramel nut. Using the 13ml plastic dropper bottles, I usually go for 30 drops Hazelnut, 20 drops CFB, 10 drops Chocolate Caramel Nut in 30 ml 50% / 50% base. Nothing fancy, but it's quite good with coffee. :)

Now that the Vienna Cream has been recommended twice, I will have to try it. I'll get the Vanilla Whipped Cream, too, if the budget will stretch a little further. :)
Thank you so much for your help.

Reactions: Lannie

trentenmarschel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2014
missouri
Not sure if you have tried coffee type flavors. I get mine from DFW Vapor. My favorite liquid from them is Caramel Macchiato. Just remember the higher nicotine strength you get the worse the flavor will be. For a good flavor I would recommend going with something 18mg or lower. I tried to switch to a cheaper company once (MadVapes) and I got a few flavors like strawberry and I also tried their coffee flavors and lets just say I will NEVER NEVER NEVER buy their E-liquid again. The coffee tasted and smelled like cough syrup, and the strawberry smelled good but was a very dry and harsh vape. So the lesson is that different companies have vastly different quality of liquid.

Whiskurious

Jul 22, 2016
Milan, Italy
That's not a flavoring I would use by itself, but I've never noticed it being funky. You should be getting it fresher than most of us so it's probably not a worry. I don't use sweetener per se. Sometimes Marshmallow, just a little bit. That would also go well with the chocolate and fruits with cream. FA's marshmallow is good too.

Fab, thanks again. I'll be sure to add the marshmallow to my next purchase. ;)

Whiskurious

Jul 22, 2016
Milan, Italy
Not sure if you have tried coffee type flavors. I get mine from DFW Vapor. My favorite liquid from them is Caramel Macchiato. Just remember the higher nicotine strength you get the worse the flavor will be. For a good flavor I would recommend going with something 18mg or lower. I tried to switch to a cheaper company once (MadVapes) and I got a few flavors like strawberry and I also tried their coffee flavors and lets just say I will NEVER NEVER NEVER buy their E-liquid again. The coffee tasted and smelled like cough syrup, and the strawberry smelled good but was a very dry and harsh vape. So the lesson is that different companies have vastly different quality of liquid.

Unfortunately I don't know DFW Vapor. I live in Italy, so a lot of stuff that can be easily found in the states isn't available here. I have heard about MadVapes, though I'm not familiar with their products.
I gather you wouldn't recommend them, unless I were craving cough syrup. :D

trentenmarschel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2014
missouri
Unfortunately I don't know DFW Vapor. I live in Italy, so a lot of stuff that can be easily found in the states isn't available here. I have heard about MadVapes, though I'm not familiar with their products.
I gather you wouldn't recommend them, unless I were craving cough syrup. :D
Sorry scratch that post. I guess they no longer ship overseas.
DFW Shipping

trentenmarschel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2014
missouri
That's quite alright. ^^
Oh, and well done on keeping away from the smokes! I've yet to ditch them entirely (I allow myself one ciggy with coffee) but I'll get there. :)
The key really is a very good mod that gives lots of vapor and some high nicotine juice. I quit twice instantly using my lavatube and kayfun. Hope you are able to kick that bad habit. :)

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

Lannie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2015
The windy plains of South Dakota
If I were trying to smooth out a harsh flavor, I'd probably use 3% Vienna Cream, or 5% to 7% Vanilla Whipped Cream. The vanilla whipped cream is lighter and sweeter, but the Vienna cream is rich and decadent, without seeming too heavy. Or you could try both! I have a couple of custard-type juices that I use both of those flavors in, and they seem to go well together. These are all just my opinions, of course. Your tastebuds may vary. ;)

Reactions: Whiskurious

Whiskurious

Jul 22, 2016
Milan, Italy
The key really is a very good mod that gives lots of vapor and some high nicotine juice. I quit twice instantly using my lavatube and kayfun. Hope you are able to kick that bad habit. :)

Sent from my SM-T230 using Tapatalk

I upgraded my gear from the basic Ego + Justfog to an Istick Pico + Kayfun Lite Plus, courtesy of my sister. :)
I'm really enjoying the increase in flavour and vapour, and fiddling with coils and cotton wicks. I actually had to drop the nicotine level cause I was getting sick (lightheadedness, nausea, accelerated heartbeat) so I don't think that's the issue. I think it's just a psychological thing: I still can't completely give up associating coffee with a cigarette. When I forced myself to do that the first time I started using an ecig, I ended up smoking regularly again. At least now it's just one a day rather than 7. But I'm not giving up, just getting there slowly. :)

Reactions: bwh79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread