help with lowering resistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDiesel

Jul 11, 2013
USA
Hey guys, I just got my new toy not too long ago. Using 18350 mode with the short DID and I cant seem to get my resistance lower! I am using .5x.1mm ribbon 2/3 wrap on 7x7 3/32 ss rope wrapped with ss mesh. My atty meter reads .7-.8 ohms, but after fiddling with it to get rid of hot spots it jumps to 1.2 ohms when I am done. I get good flavor with no dry hits, but its just doesnt hit hard enough. Any help or suggestions will be appreciated . Thanks guys!

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
couple of things come to mind. One is that, before adjusting, you might be shorting into your wick. This could lead to lower readings. (Oh, I don't use ribbon either.) Another would be that the ribbon wire (I gather) can be difficult to capture effectively at your connections. Make sure you have a good grab with your screws. Lastly, you have a rather serious heat-sink nestled in your coil. It's not going to fire like a micro-coil with a whisp of cotton wick.

edit: I think your ribbon is the thinner of the common sizes. I wouldn't expect you could go much lower and still have something resembling a coil.

Last edited:

WattWick

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2013
Cold Norway
There's a limit to how much vapor it makes sense to pump out without adding more air to the mix. I'd rather chase down that avenue than follow the path of least resistance.

You will probably get your *** chewed off for chasing ever lower resistances. Especially using a 18350 battery. That's just not a smart thing to do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread