HELP with Zmax

Status
Not open for further replies.

tippyclubb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Michigan
It just came today and I can't do anything with it and I may have to send it back. I'm so disappointed as I've been looking forward to vaping on it all week. Thats not happening. I feel like crying not to mention stupid for not being able to understand how to work this.

I read the instructions but its confusing. When I push the button it just says 12P or 125. I have no clue what this means.

I can't get it to turn off either. Instructions say to clic 5 times but it does not shut down.

I wonder if they could have wrote the manual any smaller--geeze can barely read the darn thing.

Is there anyone out there that can walk me through this or I'm going to return it Monday and thats the last thing I want to do.

Sincerely,
The Big Dummy

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
I wish I could help you more but I never owned a zmax. I did have a vmax and to turn it off you had to go to the third menu item. Can't remember what it displayed. When the menu changes it should read "on or off". Pressing the button will change what ever it's set to. I sure hope you can figure it out. Have you done any searches in reviews of the zmax? I think some of the video's should show how to use the menu option. Good luck.

tippyclubb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Michigan
Cozzicon's got one and probably knows it inside out - shoot him a PM. Good luck!

I already contacted him and he can't help me. I'm just going to send the thing back--its way to advanced for me, unless of course someone writes a Zmax for dummies book before Monday.

Once again thanks for your help 44

xplumberx

ECF Veteran
Oct 1, 2012
So. Cal
Put you battery in and screw on the end cap. Press the button 3 times kinda fast.. you will see 1.Pu press the button 7 times quickly, pause a sec. make sure it reads ANS and not NEA (this is the 8th menu function).. it should be set to that from the factory, but just make sure. Next go to the 7th menu function. You get there but doing the same as above but instead of the 7 times quickly do it 6 times. Make sure it says Po. Press the button 3 times quickly.. 1.Pu ... wait a sec, than press button until it reads 8.5... start vaping... I hope you have a version 2 or you may fry your carto.. or just use the link above even better.. it was posted as I typed this up

Last edited:

cyclotron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2012
Hampton Roads, VA, US
So, how do you wish to use your Zmax? In VV or VW mode?

The Zmax is off unless you push the fire button. You can disable the fire button though the menu.
Click 6 times till you see "3.5o". Wait a second and the display will show you how it is currently set.
oF = Off on=On
If you want VV then click ten times till you see the "7.UP" and wait a sec. Then you can cycle to U or P.
U=Volts P=Power or wattage

You then click 4 times for the Power/Voltage up menu or 5 times for the Power/Voltage down menu.

When you push the fire button you are see what the device is putting out. click 8 times to the "5.d5" menu and you can change the display to "d.A" which shows the head ohms, "d.v" will display batter voltage remaining, and "d.o" which will display the output when you push the fire button.

What PBs video for an in depth review and walk through.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cCBSl1ty_J8

tippyclubb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Michigan
Put you battery in and screw on the end cap. Press the button 3 times kinda fast.. you will see 1.Pu press the button 7 times quickly, pause a sec. make sure it reads ANS and not NEA (this is the 8th menu function).. it should be set to that from the factory, but just make sure. Next go to the 7th menu function. You get there but doing the same as above but instead of the 7 times quickly do it 6 times. Make sure it says Po. Press the button 3 times quickly.. 1.Pu ... wait a sec, than press button until it reads 8.5... start vaping... I hope you have a version 2 or you may fry your carto.. or just use the link above even better.. it was posted as I typed this up

This thing was sold to me as a V2 but according to the PBusardpo review its a V1 because thats the difference between the two is the V2 has the 8th function. Mine does not.

Thank you everyone for trying to help but I am done for the night --I am just too aggravated and might throw this thing up against the wall. Lol. I'll get a good nights sleep, calm down and go at it again tomorrow with better results, I hope.

Even If I do get it working tomorrow I'll probaly send it back Monday because its not what I ordered. They told me it was a V2.

tippyclubb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Michigan
What a hassle this Zmax has turned out to be. I finally was able to vape with it thanks to your help. I love, love, love it. Did I say love? Unfortunatley, I have to pack it up and send it back for the V2 version.

Had somewhat of a hassle with the vendor not wanting to give me a refund only an in store credit, which is bull..... However, after 2 days he agreed to order me one and then send it to me. Meaning I'll probably have to wait around two weeks for it to arrive.

The funny thing is I had to explain to the vendor what the differnce between the V1 and V2 was? Yep I told him all about the 8th menu and what it meant. He was impressed with my knowledge but I owe all of that to you good people.

So the waiting begins and the anticipation level is high for it to arrive. I'm really going to miss my Zmax. When it does come I'll need more help with the 8th menu and I never was able to vape in wattage mode.

Thanks everyone!

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
What a hassle this Zmax has turned out to be. I finally was able to vape with it thanks to your help. I love, love, love it. Did I say love? Unfortunatley, I have to pack it up and send it back for the V2 version.

Had somewhat of a hassle with the vendor not wanting to give me a refund only an in store credit, which is bull..... However, after 2 days he agreed to order me one and then send it to me. Meaning I'll probably have to wait around two weeks for it to arrive.

The funny thing is I had to explain to the vendor what the differnce between the V1 and V2 was? Yep I told him all about the 8th menu and what it meant. He was impressed with my knowledge but I owe all of that to you good people.

So the waiting begins and the anticipation level is high for it to arrive. I'm really going to miss my Zmax. When it does come I'll need more help with the 8th menu and I never was able to vape in wattage mode.

Thanks everyone!

Name the vendor please.
If he sold it to you as a V2 he knows the difference and was being shady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread