High end RTAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
but I was not aware Psyclone also worked on one

I stand corrected, both Mahru and Hybris are not "bottom tank" systems.
15675978_10210955953470167_341856563624545066_o.jpg

A-C-E

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2015
Austria
@kiba Heron V2 can use filler material but it is not a "must" anymore as with V1. Does not leak when used with filler!
Latest Spheroid Version has much improved airflow that allows for restricted direct lung hits and still allows filler material. Heron V3 will not have filler option.
Another candidate now that you mention the GT3 is the Taifun GSL/GSL Air which should be pressure tolerant as it uses the same feeding principle as the FeV.
Regarding short wick. Define "short" or even better, have a look at one of the gazillion Tilemahos Deck pictures and see for yourself if it fits your definition.

Last edited:

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
@kiba Heron V2 can use filler material but it is not a "must" anymore as with V1. Does not leak when used with filler!
Latest Spheroid Version has much improved airflow that allows for restricted direct lung hits and still allows filler material. Heron V3 will not have filler option.
Another candidate now that you mention the GT3 is the Taifun GSL/GSL Air which should be pressure tolerant as it uses the same feeding principle as the FeV.
Regarding short wick. Define "short" or even better, have a look at one of the gazillion Tilemahos Deck pictures and see for yourself if it fits your definition.
GSL? I thought the air was the tpd version of the gt3? I got this one in a trade for the hussar I had, he said it wouldnt leak on a flight as long as I used 60/40 and up, glad he wasn't bs'ing me.

Is the GSL the type that uses mesh channels? The taifun I have now is by no means the best vape I've had, but I just consider it the best of the ones I can fly with... that I've tried up till now, at least

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Look at the Deck, the GSL has the tank above and feeds through 2 wicking holes you preferably put mesh rolls in just like the FeV.
The GSL Air, like all Taifuns with "Air" designation is a variant with more open draw.
Oh, I don't need a more open draw, most of the fev-type tanks I've used had a colder vape, though they do work really well. I usually prefer the kind where the wick is sticking through into the tank.

By short, I just mean like ubertoot or rose style.

A-C-E

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2015
Austria
The "other" deck is when you rotate the deck of the Tilemahos Armed 90°. It works flawlessly for spaced coils as long as you keep your coil to sane dimensions, only disadvantage is that it has more distance to the airhole than with springs. Some claim to have problems with TC and springs others claim it works just fine, I have not tested it as I personally see no need for TC in the Armed.
I use microcoils to keep the long leg resistance issues at bay or spaced springs.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Dont know about the armed, but in the V2 with springo adaptor deck, TC works fine with home made Ti springs but distance to the airhole too great giving a harsh vape, unlike the normal deck where the coil can be placed much more accurately.

Why no need for TC on the Armed specifically as opposed to anything else?!!?

A-C-E

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2015
Austria
On the armed, the coil has more distance to the airhole than the spring. the V2 deck (coil only) is better suited for use with coils than the armed in my opinion (have both, use both). No input on the X1 Deck/Springomizer upgrade for V2 as I never tested that one.

I see no need for TC on the Tile because I A) see the liquid level at all times and B) as the Tilemahos is not my prefered atty for high wattage setups i taste eventual liquid issues well before a dryhit and C) i like to use my Tilemahos(es) on a mechmod. Looks so nice on a Woodpecker..
I have the V2+ on the Xvo Stick where it fits perfectly in VW mode without any issues at all.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
Thats the one chip i really want to try, I was thinking about swapping a d60 into my old dna40 zero. Only thing is I have already spent so much time tweaking profiles and TFR curves that whenever I think about trying another chip I get second thoughts.

It is a great chipset and well worth a try in my opinion. The only thing that lets it down is not being able to save profiles. But it is an onboard marvel so you don't need a PC to drive it. It has so many options that for those that really like to get into the tuning or tweaking it is perfect. For those like me who just want to keep it simple then it is a great plug and play board :)

I also like my SXJ V2 and have a DNA 75 on the way, so I'm not someone who is so brand passionate that they wont touch anything else, but I am not savvy enough to give you a detailed rationale of the pros and cons of each device either. But I do have 3 Dicodes mods, and only one of each of the others I mentioned.

Reactions: schismz

schismz

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Seattle, WA
7 dicodes tubes here! I have a problem I know. Fantastic devices!!!
You're fine, everything is fine, just make sure to store them in multiple locations in case a meteor hits your house or a giant pit opens up and swallows it, that way you'll always have a Dicodes available while you're sorting out all that wreckage.

This is from a few months ago; family has grown to 15 total, with 9 being tubes :) I *had* to add more because the v3 ya know? It doesn't matter that I don't run tubes @ more than 20 watts or so, it's important that I could go to 60watts, because 60watts is more than 40watts. But obviously I'm preaching to the choir and you understand.

dicodes 2380, dicodes dani extreme and pipeline 2

Hi, <raising hand> my name is Schismz and I'm an addict. No, wait, ignore that, I'm still in denial because it's a rational answer to the FDA in the USA.

kiba

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2012
Alexandria, Va, USA
www.facebook.com
Yeah, I have a crapload of dna mods, had a few zero's and got into building my own c-frames so I could modify the rest of the DNA 40 zero to work with a dna75 board. This was before the DNA 60 came out but now I have 4 of those, and a few vapor sharks that I use out of the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread