High end RTAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

muth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 20, 2014
Boston, MA, USA
It finally came in. I set it up using 7 wraps of 316lss 2.5 mm .70 ohm using temp control . 50/50 liquid w cottonmans mav X

It has great flavor, with the vapor being on the dry side. The flavors seem to seperate well. I set up the air ring to half of both holes, that is were it is giving me the combo of what I like so far. The atomizer seems to prefer air from both holes.
Great flavor is good to hear. Not sure I like the description of "dry vapor". Being someone who likes a saturated vape do you think I'll be turned off?

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
Still rocking and loving my Erlkönigins :banana: but wondering, what's new and good out there? (And available) I've been looking at maybe getting a Squape x dream when funds are flush. But maybe there's some other to consider? I've heard good things about a Dvarw, but don't know much. Doesn't seem like it's readily available. I'm in the U.S.

• Love
Reactions: qorax

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
The negative meaning what? Many moving parts? Is it a pain to take apart and clean?.........

Compared to refilling a Dvarw which is a simple exercise it's close the juice flow, line up the top cap and wrestle with it... fill the tank... line up the dots again and push the cap on... then open the juice flow... to take it apart it's line up dots again and wrestle it apart... it's a very well made tank and the flavor is great.

BUt the Dvarw DL is still my RTA of choice because it holds a decent amount of juice and is just so simple!

• Useful
Reactions: muth

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
Still rocking and loving my Erlkönigins :banana: but wondering, what's new and good out there? (And available) I've been looking at maybe getting a Squape x dream when funds are flush. But maybe there's some other to consider? I've heard good things about a Dvarw, but don't know much. Doesn't seem like it's readily available. I'm in the U.S.
I still think the erlk holds up just as good as anything out there. I still vape my elks and love them...yes the darvw is great , have 3 mtl ones myself , also the new kfl is a pretty awesome little tank

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Mermaaan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
California
Compared to refilling a Dvarw which is a simple exercise it's close the juice flow, line up the top cap and wrestle with it... fill the tank... line up the dots again and push the cap on... then open the juice flow... to take it apart it's line up dots again and wrestle it apart... it's a very well made tank and the flavor is great.

BUt the Dvarw DL is still my RTA of choice because it holds a decent amount of juice and is just so simple!

This is why I too love my dvarws. Simple, no nonsense tank, great flavor and none of mine have ever leaked a drop. I am not a fan of juice flow control and the dvarw has proven that it is unnecessary in a tank design. I also love the air insert approach to doing afc. Just set it and forget it. I don't even use any top fill 3rd party tank options as removing the tank section to fill just works well and is easy to do. I did just score a new smoke black tank section from across vape that is top fill. I bought that more for the unique aesthetic though [emoji16]

I've just added two kfl 2019s to the line up after seeing that they are using the same simple design approach as the dvarw with this version. Always regretted selling my original kfl but hated that bottom fill hole. The vape was awesome though so I had to try the updated kfl.

• Winner
Reactions: Robfisher

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
I've been looking at this but am suspect of RTAs that claim to do everything. Is the MTL true or a good loose MTL (or both)? In other words, does it perform well in all it's claimed categories?
Yes, the Tripod is a true MTL RTA but also true RDL or DL depending on how you set it up. I have tried mine with all styles and the Tripod does a fantastic job with each. You can go from a very restrictive MTL with the 1.0mm insert to more airy with the 1.8mm insert. You can also close down the airflow using the the AFC ring making the airflow even tighter (options).

The Tripod is nothing like what SVM delivered with the Kayfun 5. SVM came out with a MTL kit after the fact (should have been in the box). Atmizoo includes everything you need for all styles "in the box".

I've had mine for some time now and have tried each of the included 1.0mm/1.2mm/ 1.5mm/1.8mm inserts. Airflow options are basically the same as a Kayfun Prime (1mm/1.2mm/1.4mm/1.6mm/1.8mm/2mm). In the Tripod with the 1.2mm insert the draw is very comparable to my Kayfun Prime's on the 1.2mm (2 dot) setting (or any other setting). Taz has mentioned a possible future insert kit for the Tripod as @Sed8op8 said.

The deck is super easy to build on and it performs well with all wire types I've tried (TC too). JFC works flawlessly and it is a top cap refill. The machining is superb. I have had zero problems with it since day one.

Flavor is awesome compared to other RTA's. It comes with a chamber and chimney reducer (enhances flavor) installed and it is perfect for MTL. It can be removed for RDL and DL which then offers a larger chamber. So yes, you are getting a tank that does perform great with all styles.

@Robfisher @qorax and @Sed8op8 can attest to how well the Tripod performs (and the flavor). I will be purchasing another (batch 2 later this July). Atmizoo has a big time winner with the Tripod RTA. Taz and team did a fantastic job in designing and creating the Tripod. The Tripod released on 11 June and quickly sold out. That speaks volumes IMO.

They are an excellent and very responsive company. Shipping from order to my door is 3 business days and that is consistent with each order I've placed (four and counting). I have a 3.4ml extension kit coming this week. On the FB group Rob Fisher noted he has never seen any product delivered to him so quickly.

Ice Matte Tripod...
IMG_0751cr.jpg

Atmizoo ships all their products in packaging that is superior to most "other" products (photo 1). The Creek RDA comes in the same type of box. They include all the spares one needs with o-rings, screws and a spare glass section (photo 2). Their product manuals are superior to any I've seen high end or otherwise. There are many usage tips in the Tripod manual (same with the Creek RDA) also a very detailed take apart page. You can download the Tripod manual (PDF) from the Atmizoo Tripod support page of their web site.
IMG_0779cr.jpg IMG_0777cr.jpg

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Hmm, the Creek looks interesting. Can you compare to the Hadaly for flavor? I like how they've directed the air underneath the coil, similar to my little Etna with the inserts.
IMO it blows away the Hadaly for flavor. @B2L could offer you more as he has a Creek and many other RDA's to compare with. It does MTL, RDL and DL very nicely.

For me flavor wise it's most comparable to the Hussar v1 RDA. Those hold the top RDA spots for me as flavor bangers. You can't go wrong with either though I would note the Hussar is not for DL or clouds. It excels with RDL or MTL.

I was so impressed with my first Creek that I had another within days. The Creek holds more juice than most RDA's at 1.2ml depending on setup and how much cotton is used. It is virtually impossible to over-squonk with it (you probably could but it would take a lot). The Creek comes with two airflow posts. One for DL and the other for MTL (installed by default). You can also purchase a MTL kit which further reduces the airflow to 1.2mm or 1.5mm and the chamber reducer for enhanced flavor.

Out of the box you can get a great MTL vape by adjusting the smaller airflow. If you want a tighter MTL vape then the MTL kit will do. I have the MTL kit and the 1.2mm insert installed in one of my Creek's and it's a perfect MTL vape for me.

Creek on a Luna squonker...
IMG_0755cr.jpg

Creek on a King v1 mech...
IMG_0783cr.jpg

Several folks here have the Creek and are very happy with it.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
@Robfisher @qorax and @Sed8op8 can attest to how well the Tripod performs (and the flavor). I will be purchasing another (batch 2 later this July). Atmizoo has a big time winner with the Tripod RTA. Taz and team did a fantastic job in designing and creating the Tripod. The Tripod released on 11 June and quickly sold out. That speaks volumes IMO.
My video is uploading. Should be done in a few minutes sir.

Tripod with Others, Logo.jpg

This is also in the video :w00t:
Tripod Parts Named.jpg

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Excellent and very thorough video Q (loved your old mil. photo btw). It's perfect.

The RTA family photo in your previous post looks awesome and thanks for the parts photo.

Your custom Tripod is gorgeous!

My video is uploading. Should be done in a few minutes sir.

View attachment 825947
This is also in the video :w00t:
View attachment 825949

• Love
Reactions: qorax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread