High end RTAs

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRFII

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2016
image.jpg

The Armed, in a word, Exceptional. I've spent the week using this and IMHO it is elegant in appearance, machined well and is flawless in use. Flavor is very nice and on par with how I use my KF5's.
I also added a GTIII to the stable this week and I am terribly impressed with it from all perspectives too. A very easy to use rta The flavor is as good or better than anything I have used regularly to date.
But when it comes to aesthetic and build quality, the Tilemahos Armed is going to be very hard to beat.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Can i get an O ring count on that atty [emoji16]

Kidding aside he does make exceedingly good gear.
From what I can tell, the hurricane v2 has everything beat on the o-ring numbers!!

Apparently the machining on the new TileMaHoose is better than previously. Tended to be a tad shrp, let's say. Imeo is really a tortured genius haha!!

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
If you can have the occasional cigar and not be a slave to it, then props to you :) However, I would imagine that to most of us here, any combustable is not a good idea.

Cuba, June 28, 2016.
The day I stood strong (30+ years cigar aficionado)
7nzBBhF.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Yonjuro

Yonjuro

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2015
Western Australia
I actually got a few of the EVL Reaper SS Rose v3 drip tips, vaping @ 10-20watts most of the time, SS is fine for me, and in my subjective opinion looks a lot nicer than <insert new/old miracle plastic here>.

@TheotherSteveS, @Yonjuro, or Mark, lemme ask this- If I'm already rotating K5s, Hussars, Rose v3, Skyline, and mini V3s for MTL... why do I want a GT3? Yes, I know, because it's sh1nY!, but other then that, does it produce some unique alchemy which will make me incredibly happy for 5 minutes before tossing it back on a shelf? I guess what I'm asking is, out of all the attys you have, does your brain ever interrupt you and go like, "Hey! Load up the GT3!!!! You urgently need that right now!" My brain is kinda going, well, just get another Skyline when they're available and don't worry about it.

Of course this is probably mediated by April 15th gun pointed at head day and hemorrhaging money to our glorious government and all its good works. Otherwise I would've already clicked [x] add to cart!

Sorry missed replying to your tag.

I don't have any Taifuns - they never really appealed to me, maybe it was the aesthetics or the 23mm size ??- but they seem very well regarded. I am happy with my current RTA arsenal of Hussar, Skyline, Hurricane 1.3 LE, Kayfun v5, Doggystyle, and Squape R(s) . Something really special will have to come along to bust into my RTA rotation right now.

Most of my current "shinyitis" funds have been going on squonk gear lately :)

Reactions: schismz

soulseek

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
London, UK
I actually like the excessive use of O-rings on GG atomisers. He uses them in a smart way. If only we could get a glass tank :D

And it now appears that he'll be realeasing glass tanks in about 2 weeks so maybe it's time for me to try out the Armed and more specifically its improved springomizer with TC :D

Reactions: schismz

excalibur-x

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
LOL, it's like running into an AA meeting and telling everyone how great a drink is
emoji23.png

LOL :thumbs: but this was not my intention. :D

I own a couple of tanks and they all do a really good job replacing cigarettes. I always tried to buy flavorful tanks and now when I am sure with build and wicking they are all something I can vape with pleasure. I bought my first high end RTA because I expected to be blown away. Looks and machining are really nice, also airflow is more smooth, taste maybe little better, but as a whole, I am far from being blown away. Other tanks are now cleaned and placed on shelf waiting for better days, but still, is there something more?

Maybe I expected too much or maybe I have not yet found the device that takes me to that special place like Saturdays cigar did. Especially regarding simplicity and airflow. No AFC adjustment was needed as it was perfect. :D Usually I am somewhere between MTL and DL. Restricted lung hit I get with with Rose or GT3 is great for 95%. But when I want something more intense I often find myself completely closing air control on my tanks and it gets me close. More power does not do the job. I am guessing I should try with a true MTL tank to get that intense flavor with just small puffs. But to pay 100€ for Kayfun V3 mini (it is still regarded as golden standard for MTL and it can be easily ordered) that will again be just a nice vape, is worrying.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Ok chaps and chapesses, just managed to get some time to fire up the Soulless that @Mark Todd so kindly 'sent me along' as he would say :) I am off on vacation tomorrow - not to Spittal beach although I did go there when I was a bairn living in Rosyth. I promise I will do some kind of review'let when I get back! First impressions are excellent I must say, but the rest will have to wait!

Thanks again (and again, and again) Mark.

ps. I just had put it on Mark's favourite mod - clickety, click click.. ;) Haha!!

IMG_3761.JPG

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
That scrubbed up well, enjoy fella :)
All in perfect nick! Just brilliant! I stuck in the tightest air-hole and I'm like a a dog with two.............tails! Haven't put it down to be honest :)

JRFII

ECF Veteran
Aug 9, 2016
Cuba, June 28, 2016.
The day I stood strong (30+ years cigar aficionado)
7nzBBhF.jpg
@ VictorC,
I can relate. The cabinet humidor still holds close to 400 and there are 5 boxes of Havanas. I take great pleasure in looking at them on the way to fill my atomizer these days. It will take a few years to gift them all. They no longer bother me as I am obsessed with high quality vape gear and good NETs.
I'm working in Oakville, ON next week. Any good vape shops that cater to the high end OCD crowd?

@Mark Todd, not enough fingers and toes to count all of the O-rings on my Armed. You're right though, Imeo's work is something special.

What is the deal on the Skyline release? Had heard the end of February and we all are still waiting. Gots to get me one!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread