Hohmtech Slice

Status
Not open for further replies.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I just jumped on this sale also. The Slice was on my short list a couple of months ago but I was put off by the 26650 battery. I ended up buying an H-Priv.

I remembered that I bought a 26650 when I got my VT75. Unfortunately the VT75 was defective and I sent it back. I still have the 26650 and it will be going in the Slice when it gets here. I need another mod like I need a hole in my head, but for $30, how could I pass it up!

Exactly the way I saw it, Plus, I only have SS and Black rta's, but have (2) Silver Slice's, I DID need at least (1) Black Slice to be "Color Coordinate" you see. :rolleyes:

Reactions: mjag

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Hello all !

do you think Hohmtech guys come here and see my wish of having variable voltage included in the firmware :Dor should i ask directly to their support email (which is very reactive but not intended for functionalities requests) ?

JJ

You might want to try their Support email, as I don't think that they come on this thread or forum, I've never seen them here.

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Hello all !

do you think Hohmtech guys come here and see my wish of having variable voltage included in the firmware :Dor should i ask directly to their support email (which is very reactive but not intended for functionalities requests) ?

JJ
I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. They do occasionally stop in on the G2 thread on Another Forum where they have a merchants username & you might be able to PM them there. I would suggest that you go to their website & call the Hohmtech Telephone number for a request like that as they are probably unlikely to even return the email for a suggestion like that.

If you don't mind my asking, why would you want it? Pretty much an outdated technology on an advanced mod these days.

Last edited:
Reactions: 52anddone

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
This was posted by Mike Petro in the Evolving thread and it occurred to me that some of those newer TC users might be interested in and should be aware of this:

This has been published before by Evolv, but it sure is a testament for accurate temperature control. Notice that at around 470 degrees Acetaldehyde (a carcinogen) increases like a sky rocket very quickly, double what is found in a cigarette. At 530 and up it gets as much as ten times that of a cigarette.

graph-1-png.628747

Last edited:

Tpat591

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2014
RB nj
Nice chart but it is fairly to completely useless without context.
  • is that pure VG?
  • pure PG?
  • nicotine?
  • VG+PG+Nicotine?
  • What flavors at what % concentration?
All we see here is that something vaporized can produce Acetaldehyde (a carcinogen).
You know I've been TC Vaping since early on on DNA40 and haven't really educated myself enough (or I should say kept current enough) to know which flavors/ingredients/pg/vg ratios are more likely to produce it but flavorings in general are the greatest producer. It is enough for me to look at it and recognize I need to think about it some more & find the more current information for the flavors/mixes I use. YMWV for your flavors.

It is only one of the nasties that can be produced and I didn't actually think it was produced until over 550 deg. when I started TC years ago. Information is coming to light and being revised constantly as these lab studies are a beginning to zero into producing actual scientific data. Accurate real world studies on modern equipment vs C2,C3,C5 Cartomizer tanks were only possible after the DNA200 was first produced to enable the first repeatable scientific real world testing.

Then again, one look at it, is enough to educate me into seeking more information on the subject and strive to drop my temps from 480 to 450 until I have more info. That is the point of posting it.

I know people in this thread who have only just begun to use TC with the Slice recently after years of vaping unregulated mods that might begin to think differently now that they have started using TC for the first time.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I have since learned that graph was based on 50/50 unflavored, nic concentration unknown

Thanks Tpat, I have never seen any graph like that, so, I just dropped my temp from 480°F to 430°F on my G2. I know that I am still guessing on the G2's temp, but I'm trying to be safer. The only DNA mod I have is a SVD2, so that won't help me much.

Reactions: daviedog

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
My New addition. The Silver G2 might be the most powerful of the G2's, but, the Black Slice SE is the most powerful of the Slice's, with that Smooth Matte Black.
P1010153vu.jpg

P1010155vu.jpg

Yes, the screen protector is still on, hence the slight glare to the screen in the above slightly angled shot.

6steelstrings

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2014
North Carolina Triad
Vapemail delivered my slice today. I am fairly impressed with it. It seems solidly built and with the TC settings setup the same as my Therion the vape is almost identical as the Therion with the DNA75 chip.

Hohmtech seems to have addressed some of the issues people have had with the Slice. The battery door seems solid and the magnets are pretty strong. Also, the fire button is now raised so it is easier to fire without fumbling around to find the button. Also with it raised, the sticking problem has been eliminated.

There doesn't seem to be any preheat function in TC mode. If there is, I have not found it yet.

Overall this seems like a fine mod and a worthy one to add to my rotation.

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
There doesn't seem to be any preheat function in TC mode. If there is, I have not found it yet.

I hear that, I do. If I'm not mistaken, I saw in a post somewhere that the Slice preheats at 101 watts (or as close as possible according to what resistance/battery you are running) for a period of time (again, I have not seen any time for preheat posted anywhere). I don't think that information has been let out to us by Hohmtech. A Company Secret maybe ? But there is not an adjustment mechanism for us to use on the Slice to dial in preheat at all, the same with the G2. I think that the preheat is "All available Power for a brief period of time". I really wish that there was an adjustability feature available to us though, especially during lower wattage MTL use.

My Black Slice SE arrived to me in just about Perfect condition. I Love it.

mjag

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 8, 2014
United States
The info came from someone who emailed hohmtech about the G2. They were told it does full power for a fraction of a second.
For high wattage vapers a lot just run the watts full open, I do from time to time.

I do feel the FSK and DNA are the best boards on the market. It just depends on the user's need which one comes out on top.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

52anddone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
I'll prolly not buy a DNA board unless they start TC'ing Kanthal and/or NiCr wire, that's why I got into the FSK boards to begin with. In my mind the DNA boards were the first step in TC technology, and the FSK boards are the Next step in that technology. I'm glad I waited for the Next step, myself, for my style of vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread