Holiday Contest Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norry

ECF Veteran
Aug 2, 2010
Hanging out in CA for now
I won't have a chance of winning this one. Since we're staying home in Texas for the Winter I won't be decorating the 5th wheel. We'll put a few lights up outside but my 16 pound cat absolutely forbids me to put up a tree or any inside decorations. He has reminded me on numerous occasions that he can jump really high and likes anything shiney or round. Nothing in the house is sacred. Needless to say I'll be enjoyng everyone elses decorations. :)

VapingTurtle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2011
The Reef just off the Florida coast
Here's how I dress up for Chanukah.
ChannukahTurtle.jpg

That's about it for my holiday decorations. :blink:

spacekitty

Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
SoCal, USA
I've always lived in a place where I could have decorations outside, until I moved into the place where I live now. It was my Mother's apt. and is one of those buildings with carpeted hallways that look more like a Hotel.. LOL!!

The apt. is small and I really don't have room for a tree inside, so I started putting this little tree on a TV tray out in the hallway... icon_biggrin.gif

Tree-1.jpg

Until one year someone did this!!! icon_frown.gif

Tree-2.jpg

They hadn't just knocked it over, it had been shaken until every ornament had fallen off of it... and the sad thing is, our building is for Seniors and Disabled people only.... so there are no children around to vandalize things.

I made a sign with a picture of the Grinch and a Christmas tree that said "You can Smash the Tree, but you can't Crush the Spirit!! Merry Grinchmas!!!" and hung it up where the tree had been. It only stayed up about a 1/2 hour before somebody took it down... Ha!!

Since then, we are no longer allowed to have anything in the hallways at all, but I still put up my decorations inside... except for the little tree icon_cry.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread