Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
Has anyone had one of these "die" yet? Or kept track of how many times you've refilled one that is still working?

I was also wondering (with all of the "green" efforts these days) if there would be any way to kind of recycle these after they die. Send them someplace to be emptied of all contents and refilled with new stuffing and atomizer. It's not something I'd do until I had a fairly large quantity of dead ones, say 20 or more. If we could dispose of less (and maybe get a discount on recycled items ;)), I think it would be great. The logistics might get a little hairy, I suppose.....and might be more work & time involved than it's worth. Perhaps the parts could be offered as supplies to purchase? Has anyone in the mods section done anything with these? Anyway, just some ideas/questions. :cool:

Well, I think they are very good questions and ideas that could give suppliers and modders some food for thought.

zagleft1

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2008
Has anyone had one of these "die" yet? Or kept track of how many times you've refilled one that is still working?

Now that you mention it, I have used these for a couple of months now and I don't think I've had any atomizer actually "die" on me, and several were used/refilled for several days running.:shock:

ichaya

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
I think I have finally found a method of clearing all of the old flavor out of cartridges!

The problem that I was having was that old cartridges, have some lingering flavor in them.

There are 11 different flavor atomizers available, and 30 different juices!

So eventually, if you are refilling carts you are going to have a juice put into a cart with a bad flavor combo. (OK the chocolate into an old mint is pretty good, but the orange in an old mint is pretty bad)

So I was looking for a way to clean the cartridges in between refills.

Here is what worked for me.
Open up a cart by removing the caps, and expose the filler. (don't bother trying to remove the filler it is in there REALLY good).

Run a trickle of hot water into the open end for a minute or two, just let it run out the battery end.

Now I take a air compressor, I run it at 5 - 7 PSI, and a adapter that just fits in the cartridge.
I run air into for about 30 seconds, and it blows everything very dry.

Make sure the battery end of the cart is dry.

You are now ready to re-fill with any flavor you like, and there is no 'leftover' flavor.

It also has the benefit of cleaning the atomizer, and I am hoping that makes them last longer.

Let me know any thoughts on this one.

gings

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2009
California
I think I have finally found a method of clearing all of the old flavor out of cartridges!

So I was looking for a way to clean the cartridges in between refills.

Here is what worked for me.
Open up a cart by removing the caps, and expose the filler. (don't bother trying to remove the filler it is in there REALLY good).

Run a trickle of hot water into the open end for a minute or two, just let it run out the battery end.

Now I take a air compressor, I run it at 5 - 7 PSI, and a adapter that just fits in the cartridge.
I run air into for about 30 seconds, and it blows everything very dry.

Make sure the battery end of the cart is dry.

You are now ready to re-fill with any flavor you like, and there is no 'leftover' flavor.

Let me know any thoughts on this one.[/quote]

Thanks for sharing your technique! I tried it using a can of air in lieu of an air compressor to dry out the filler to replace mint juice with coffee and it worked perfectly!:D:D:D

ichaya

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
Be careful with some canned air products. Some of them contain particles that you would not want to be vaping.

Also, when using compressed air and/or canned air, watch that you don't blow to much air into the carts. You may just screw up the wire that heats up our juices.

Thanks for that warning.

I was just going to post that.

Most canned air products are not actually air!!

They are various chemicals like Freon.
I don't think I would want to vap that stuff. Also most have a flammable warning on the can, so be careful there.

If it leaves any residual, remember these devices DO heat up.

I mentioned that I use an air compressor for mine.

I have the compressor set for 5 PSI when I do this, so I think there would be little risk of damage to the cart.

Besides I think if you set it to something insane, say 100 psi, you would probably shoot the cart across the room.

ichaya

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
I would strongly discourage anyone from using "Canned Air" to dry out a cartridge.

In my previous posts I was using air from a home air compressor. NOT a sprayer of the products known as canned air.

I did some looking around, and found a site that has the MSDS for that product.

http://www.abccompounding.com/ABC Compounding.data/Components/MSDS/RA-634 MSDS.pdf
http://www.abccompounding.com/ABC Compounding.data/Components/MSDS/RA-634 MSDS.pdf

This has toxic, flammable, and respiratory warnings on it.

PLEASE do not use this, or similar products for this purpose!

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
I have been using this product for almost a week now. My problem is that these thing vape amazingly well but at a certain point they start running real hot and burn my lips. Even when I let them rest for a few minutes, they will still start to overheat after I take a couple of puffs. I thought it was because there was not enough fluid in there but even when I refill.... it starts to overheat...sometimes worse than before. Has anyone else had this problem? What is the solution? Because of this problem I haven't been able to use a cart more than one day.

Flowersoul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2009
NE Florida
I've been using the VP for three weeks today, and experiencing the same problem with overheating, and the only time I don't have the problem is when I insert a new cart.

A fresh cart always produces good vapor and throat hit.

I've tried topping off through the battery end and at the top end, letting it rest for about 20 minutes, and letting it rest overnight. I make sure my batteries are fully charged, but that doesn't help either. As soon as I try to top off, the problems begin with overheating.

I so wish I knew what the problem is, so maybe someone else will chime in for an answer.

Peaches

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2009
they start running real hot and burn my lips.it starts to overheat...sometimes worse than before. Has anyone else had this problem? What is the solution? Because of this problem I haven't been able to use a cart more than one day.

Edo & Flowersoul,
I'm having the exact same problem. Hope someone comes up with an answer as I would like to get more than one use out of a cartomizer. I really don't want to spend more money on cartomizers than I would spend on analogs.

rejoice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
USA KY
I have been using this product for almost a week now. My problem is that these thing vape amazingly well but at a certain point they start running real hot and burn my lips. Even when I let them rest for a few minutes, they will still start to overheat after I take a couple of puffs. I thought it was because there was not enough fluid in there but even when I refill.... it starts to overheat...sometimes worse than before. Has anyone else had this problem? What is the solution? Because of this problem I haven't been able to use a cart more than one day.
When I first got my vapor king,the carts did not do this. This was the very first Vapor King smilin sold on here. I was really impressed about no hot or burnt taste. Now the new carts that he sells,they do get hot and can burn your lips when refilled. I too do not understand this.
Those carts that came with my Vapor King did not do this.

EDO

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2009
Rejoice....I remember on one of the VK threads you mentioned how much you like to puff and puff like a pipe as well as take drags...and that the VK never overheated. That was one one of the reasons I got this thing because I wanted to puff away. Well this thing overheats on me big time. I also remember people saying they were able to use the carts for a week of moderate use. I can't see this lasting more than a day for me ....carts get real hot and burn through the fire ......ant material. I got both VK and Vaporello carts....they act exactly the same.

I have tried everything...from filling with needles, topping off, dripping from battery end...as soon as I start refilling the carts they start running hot. Not one person mentioned this when the original VK were released. This leads me to believe the Chinese manufacturers either did this on purpose so that we can't really refill them successfully or they took short cuts.

I don't know...am I the only one here that sees any logic behind this?

The carts are "Disposable". That is how they are being marketed and true to it's nature, that's what they are.

The original intention of the "disposable" cart was for one time use then throw it out.

The overheating only happens (at least to most of us) when we refill the carts. This, in my opinion, is not a "problem" but a result of us refilling a cart that was intended for one time use only, hence the word "disposable".

Many of us (myself included) have found favor in refilling our carts, but the truth is that refilling carts does not result in the exact same vapor, flavor and throat hit that we get with new carts.

Think about it people. The heating element, heating wire, the wick or whatever they call it...made for one time use.

The absorbant material used to hold the liquid nicely wrapped around inside the cart...made for one time use.

Logic dictates here that if the carts are used for more than their intended purpose, we are pretty much on our own..

So let everyone be aware that these carts and other similiar carts sold by other suppliers are being marketed and sold as "disposables" not "refillables". Just because we are able to refill them and reuse them does not mean that when they over heat that there is a "problem" with them.

Remember also, to take slow drags. If you drag on the vapor king like a hoover vacum, of course it's going to heat up. All atomizers act more or less the same way.

With that said,

Let's "Vape on"

Last edited:

Drewsworld

Resting In Peace
Mar 14, 2009
New Jersey
www.nhaler.com
I have found that these carts do funny things...It seems that the liquid they use to fill, is different than ours...TW liquid seems to burn well in anything...Of the mixes that I have made, the ones with a touch more water seem to burn better in the disposables and the thicker ones burn better after sitting for a day after filling...You may want to try letting them sit..Another thing, if you fill them before they need it they last much longer..In other words, dont wait until they get burndt to fill them, as soon as the flavor decreeses fill them...also dont over fill them, a little goes a long way..Ive noticed that they can get hot if over filled

...You may want to try letting them sit..Another thing, if you fill them before they need it they last much longer..In other words, dont wait until they get burndt to fill them, as soon as the flavor decreeses fill them...also dont over fill them, a little goes a long way..

I second that !

ichaya

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2009
Central Pennsylvania
I have been filling the VK with SMILIN's nobacco.

They seem to hold about 3/4 to 1 ML. I DO clean them in between filling. (yeah all that was posted earlier, so I won't beat on it)

They do not smoke the same, BUT they are still very usable.

Yes they do get hot, but so do the originals. I still have a couple of "virgin" carts of mint left, so I tried 1 last night.

They seem to last me a long time, but I have to go outside to smoke at work, so my usage is probably different than most. I usually have 1 battery last all day at work, and then for about 2 hours when I get home.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread