How long do you vape or how much do you vape?

Discussion in 'New Members Forum' started by Spoons, Apr 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Spoons

Spoons Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

So lets say the average analog cigarette lasts for 6-7 minutes and you take say, 12-15 drags... When you vape do you treat it as though it were an analog cigarette? Do you finish vaping and then vape again in a half hour? Or do you just vape whenever and however long the hell you feel like it? I need to know these things..:banana:

2. singu

singu Super Member ECF Veteran

I work from home so i vape constantly. I go through 3 ml of juice a day. :banana:

3. T-Mac

T-Mac Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

The only time I'm not vaping is when I have to put my PV down to work on something, I'm going through 3-4mil per day. I have noticed since I got my Provari I tend to vape more (or at least I'm using more juice).

4. Hoosier

Hoosier Vaping Master ECF Veteran

This......

5. autiemom91

autiemom91 Full Member Verified Member

Pretty much constantly here.. I go through about 3mls a day.

6. badmotivator

badmotivator Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

One or two weeks in to it, I'm finding I prefer to use a lower nicotine juice and vape more often than I smoked. Some sit-down "sessions" like when I smoked a cig, lots of random puffs.

I even found that at with high nicotine juices (18mg was high for me with my high wattage rig) I wanted to vape more even after I had plenty of nicotine in me, and that was a usage problem I had to sort out. :)

7. IronAP

IronAP Full Member

I vape whenever, wherever I feel like it. As a recent ex analog user, I don't find myself constrained by where I can vape. I don't know why but but now I want a PPJ. :banana:

8. Spoons

Nice, thanks for the input. It is so refreshing to be on a bb where the people are actually helpful and not toolbags...:D

9. tica02

tica02 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have a 10 mil bottle of strawberry 24 mg that I've had for almost two weeks and there is still 1/4 of the bottle left. It's really strong so I go between that and menthol ice. I've lowered some lower nic because I want to suck on the strawberry all day and it gives me a headache.

10. Hoosier

Hoosier Vaping Master ECF Veteran

That's the main reason most of us ended up staying after getting our initial questions answered.

11. DaveP

DaveP PV Master & Musician ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I'll go through a 16ml bottle of juice in 5 to 7 days with an occasional few drops from another bottle mixed into a carto. I'd say 3ml to 4ml a day. Vaping isn't quite like smoking. You get less nic per hit than you do with a cigarette. The ash particles in the smoke enter the alveoli in the lungs and deliver more nic than vaping. From the studies I've read, ecig vapor is composed of droplets that are generally too large to enter the air sacs in the lungs, so most of the nic you absorb is through mucous membranes in the throat and mouth.

I'm at 24mg/ml strength and most of the articles I've read say that the average absorption from a typical cigarette is about 1mg of nic. So, a pack a day of average cigarettes would give you 20mg absorbed nic. Given that and the lower rate of absorption, I'd have to vape much harder to absorb that much from vaping. 3ml a day would give me 72mg in the juice, but the absorption rate is much, much lower.

Here's a link to an ECF article that talks about absorption from ecigs in detail.
    http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...-nicotine-absorption-addictiveness-maois.html

12. nanovapr

nanovapr Ultra Member ECF Veteran

For me, my only answer is "it varies". When I smoked, sometimes I only wanted (or had time for) 3 or 4 drags. Because cigs are so expensive, I usually felt obligated to smoke the whole thing. With vaping, I often just take 3 or 4 puffs, or sometimes I vape for 10 minutes straight. I don't try to compare it to cigarettes any more. I am fortunate that I can vape at my workplace, but I still go to "the smoke spot" occasionally because I have friends that I only will see there.

I use a variable/regulated device (Darwin) and I find it great to be able to crank it up for more nic in the mornings (or stressed) and turn it down in the evenings. With a fixed-voltage device I just vaped for longer if I felt I wanted more nic. On fixed-voltage you can change atty/cartos for more or less vape and nic as well.

There is still something to be said for taking a break from whatever your work is, and getting away from it for a few minutes. Whether you are vaping, smoking, talking with friends, or daydreaming, your work goes better with breaks.

13. cricque

cricque Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

When I feel like it, as long as I like kinda sums it up nicely for me

Aka read as : alot :)

14. ian559

ian559 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I Vape all day. 5 to 10 Mel's a day for me

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

15. Spoons

Thanks for posting the link. I find myself easily distracted from my work since I have discovered this forum.

16. Bamboo

Bamboo Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Since I found good juice I vape a lot. I would say 3+ mills a day.

17. Dana A

Dana A Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I will let you know when I stop:D

18. PittBoss

PittBoss Vaping like a boss Verified Member ECF Veteran

Here and there all throughout the day. Work at home and can vape inside, so probably ~3ml per day. Need to cut back the nic level especially in the evenings though, lol.

19. bnrkwest

bnrkwest Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    When I first started vaping I was doing it non stop! LOL Now I vape for about 15 min, go do things for an hr or 2, then vape for 15 min, go do things, etc. I think with time you even out more, but in the beginning the PV is velcroed to your lips :) ha ha If you vape non stop use a lower nic level so you do not od on nic. bnrk

20. heavymetalgirl

heavymetalgirl Full Member

At first I vaped when I wanted a cig. After I found some better juices I vape alot more but have stepped down in nic level.

: provari
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.