How often do you crave a cig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

D133

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2009
UK
Not a craving, more a need. I've used e-cigs since 2009, fallen off the wagon a few times but until last week I'd been about 3 years without a cigarette. Went away for a week, ran out of batteries and found myself in a pub. It wasn't long before I bought a packet of cigarettes. When I got home I was straight back on the e-cig. Never run out of batteries.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Not a craving, more a need. I've used e-cigs since 2009, fallen off the wagon a few times but until last week I'd been about 3 years without a cigarette. Went away for a week, ran out of batteries and found myself in a pub. It wasn't long before I bought a packet of cigarettes. When I got home I was straight back on the e-cig. Never run out of batteries.

Wise words, have back ups for your back ups!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Since switching to vaping one year ago I have not even looked at a cig. I smoked for over 40 years and don't miss it for a second. Vaping is so much better and a great hobby as well.

It is a great hobby! I have so much fun building coils and playing with all my vape stuff !

Boompumper

Verified Member
Apr 4, 2017
Southern California
When I am driving is the worst time for me, I had no idea I could contain such rage, luckily I have a tank and I 'warm it up' when behind the wheel. I have just about had a fit before when replacing my coil, I really need to get a backup setup. I wouldn't necessarily call them 'cravings', I am around people who smoke all the time, and honestly the smell and smoke choke me and take my breath away.

I started with a kanger subox, but even with 18mg and a .5 ohm coil, I wasn't getting any satisfaction from it. I wasn't able to smoke and vape, I coughed uncontrollably and couldn't enjoy either. I bought a new atomizer and quickly realized it was too much for my 50w mod and I gave up.

A few months later I just happened to pickup a Limitless Lux from a friend of a friend for cheap. It took 12mg administered directly to lung to finally feel something, and I knew at that moment I would never smoke again. I have never experienced 'nicotine sickness', I guess I have 30 years of smoking to blame, the last ten years were handrolled and unfiltered (was all I could afford). I love my mod and honestly feel like it has helped to save my life, rebuildable atomizer, not so much (LOL).

I don't know anyone else that vapes, but luckily I have had an extremely good experience online. The community for the most part is very caring and understanding. I have been blessed in that I have not had to purchase e-liquid yet, which has made a big difference because the initial investment in this can be overwhelming.

I am in the mindset that vaping is not a hobby, it is a means to an end. I also understand that people will come and go, and I hope that I can help as many people as I can while I am here (a few years no doubt).

Thanks for having me here.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
It's so true what you are saying. I was vaping for 3 years. About a year and a half in, I had a day with no way to charge my device and I smoked 7 cigarettes that day. Good thing it was only that day. I don't crave cigarettes but that was the only way I was able to get my nic fill. Now I have multiple devices so that kind of situation can't present itself again.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Truth is I haven't craved a cigarette since I started vaping. Except this weekend. I moved. That aggravation (I hate moving) was enough to have the thought pop into my mind how much a cigarette would help right about now.

Stress doesn't help cravings, does it?

mattdarat

Jan 26, 2015
Honestly, I crave a cigarette when I am under a lot of stress. Typically at work. I can't vape at work and when a server goes down going outside for 10 minutes of vaping is not an option. Less than 2 minutes I can have a cigarette and get all the nicotine I NEED. at this point I am bumming when this happens and it usually only happens once a year or one every two. Usually an update that goes tragically wrong. For those of you who can't vape at work except for breaks if you are successful at vaping on a quick break under stress my hat is off to you. I also would love any suggestions anybody has.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Honestly, I crave a cigarette when I am under a lot of stress. Typically at work. I can't vape at work and when a server goes down going outside for 10 minutes of vaping is not an option. Less than 2 minutes I can have a cigarette and get all the nicotine I NEED. at this point I am bumming when this happens and it usually only happens once a year or one every two. Usually an update that goes tragically wrong. For those of you who can't vape at work except for breaks if you are successful at vaping on a quick break under stress my hat is off to you. I also would love any suggestions anybody has.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I hear you! I get very stressed at work and find myself craving. I keep 18 mg on hand for those instances (I usually vape 12 mg)

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
I still smoke a cigarette the odd time, I don't think I've fully quit ever. I find them harder to get off than the other addictions I have had, to me this is the hardest thing ever!

They say quitting cigs is more difficult than heroine. So it makes sense that it's been the hardest for you.

Reactions: RainSong

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
You vape a similar way to me, what wattage do you vape at & are you mtl? I actually vape 24mg when drinking, find I crave more when the evil mr booze is on hand :p

Currently I'm at 23 w on my m80+, my r200 is set to 50w. Definitely MTL. I'm all over the place with my wattage but don't go over 50 as it's too warm for me

Reactions: RainSong

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
Currently I'm at 23 w on my m80+, my r200 is set to 50w. Definitely MTL. I'm all over the place with my wattage but don't go over 50 as it's too warm for me

Similar to me, each tank I use at different wattage. I hate vaping too high too though, burns your lips!

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Honestly, that sounds about like the right time to have a smoke.
Not sure if you can have one and then go back to vaping.

I know I can.
I know quite a few people who can.

But then, there are those that can't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread