How often do you crave a cig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattdarat

Jan 26, 2015
Honestly, that sounds about like the right time to have a smoke.
Not sure if you can have one and then go back to vaping.

I know I can.
I know quite a few people who can.

But then, there are those that can't.
I can and sometimes do. The one key I have is coworkers who I asked never to give me one. I have been vaping 100% for 5yrs this June and had maybe a half pack or less since. I was a dual user for 3 years prior to that.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

mattdarat

Jan 26, 2015
I only drip when taste testing recipes [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One thing I don't like about tanks is how long it takes to switch to get a new juice in. I have a stand by dripper with me in the event a coil goes out. I could carry a small bottle of 12 16 or 18 for such occasions. I vape 9 in a tank and will be lowering again soon.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
One thing I don't like about tanks is how long it takes to switch to get a new juice in. I have a stand by dripper with me in the event a coil goes out. I could carry a small bottle of 12 16 or 18 for such occasions. I vape 9 in a tank and will be lowering again soon.

I hear ya. I'm constantly re-wicking!

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Since switching to vaping one year ago I have not even looked at a cig. I smoked for over 40 years and don't miss it for a second. Vaping is so much better and a great hobby as well.

It is a great hobby! I have so much fun building coils and playing with all my vape stuff !

It's fun for me too, way more fun than smoking.

Honestly, I crave a cigarette when I am under a lot of stress. Typically at work. I can't vape at work and when a server goes down going outside for 10 minutes of vaping is not an option. Less than 2 minutes I can have a cigarette and get all the nicotine I NEED. at this point I am bumming when this happens and it usually only happens once a year or one every two. Usually an update that goes tragically wrong. For those of you who can't vape at work except for breaks if you are successful at vaping on a quick break under stress my hat is off to you. I also would love any suggestions anybody has.

Higher nic setup for work?

I still smoke a cigarette the odd time, I don't think I've fully quit ever. I find them harder to get off than the other addictions I have had, to me this is the hardest thing ever!
I've quit some of the hard things too, combustible tobacco was by far the hardest thing to quit until I found vaping. Started vaping and don't think I'll ever look back.

But then, there are those that can't.
I can't, at least before I found vaping. Every quit was ended by "just having one/a few" next thing I'm buying packs and smoking them all.

I hear ya. I'm constantly re-wicking!
Feels like I'm rewicking everyday! Not so much now that I've got 3 working setups.

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Now I remember why I use silica wicks. ;)
I rewick when I recoil. Did that last in February.
What kind of juice do you use? I ask because I'm interested how silica works out for known coil gunking liquids and how you clean your coil.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
A buddy of mine has a whole nice vape setup for himself. An alien with the cloud beast at about 85 watts and goes through 15ml a day of 6mg premium juice. But I feel bad for him because he keeps buying packs of stinkies. He quit cig at least 10 times this year... I can't figured this guy out. He wants to quit so bad but vaping is not working it seems. I never had his experience whereas I quit from vaping. Does anyone have any suggestions? I care for my buddy and just feel bad for him.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
i crave cigs on 2 occasions 1. when my juice is bad. i find a lot of juice vendors to taste bad there are only a small select few that i enjoy vaping all day and i chain smoke so if it's a bad juice i still vape it until it's done unless the nic content is way too high for me to handle to get my moneys worth but at the end of the day i get sick with headache from the juice. usually it's anything creamy like milk flavors or desserts. candy i can handle but like vanilla or pastry stuff no. 2. if im out of juice and pretty much broke. every bnm store here sells 30ml and up for like $15-18 depending on brand. i used to make my own juice but stopped because i got tired of waiting for it to steep or my flavors were just so awful and at that time i was broke in general but luckily not anymore.
You can always just vape unflavored. You can't mess that recipe up. You could also keep VG and PG around to lower the nic or thin down the flavoring on juices as needed.

As for the question: The only thing I've craved since I've started vaping is the simplicity, especially when I get frustrated with my equipment.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    What kind of juice do you use? I ask because I'm interested how silica works out for known coil gunking liquids and how you clean your coil.

I basically use three flavors, Mango, espresso, and hazelnut. And, normally mixed @ 1/2 drop/ml of e-liquid. My base e-liquid is a 50/50 mix @ 12 mg of nicotine. I don't use "gunking" flavors for the simple fact that they gunk up a coil!
    To clean silica wicks just rinse them under hot water and pat them dry with tissue paper.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 21, 2009
    San Diego
    As for the question: The only thing I've craved since I've started vaping is the simplicity, especially when I get frustrated with my equipment.
    That why I still drip on a 510 atomizer.
    I have 100% success rate and never a drop of frustration.

It's also why I have over 150 of the standard Joyetech 510 atomizers.
    The vast majority of them I got for a buck apiece.
    :)

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    That why I still drip on a 510 atomizer.
    I have 100% success rate and never a drop of frustration.
    I spend too many days on the road. "Don't drip and drive!" :D

All my "remoters" are in the office this week. One of 'em still smokes. I sometimes go outside with her when she takes a smoke break. I rather enjoy the smell of a freshly lit cig outdoors. There's a part of me that's tempted to bum one, but I never do.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    I spend too many days on the road. "Don't drip and drive!" :D

All my "remoters" are in the office this week. One of 'em still smokes. I sometimes go outside with her when she takes a smoke break. I rather enjoy the smell of a freshly lit cig outdoors. There's a part of me that's tempted to bum one, but I never do.

I like the smell of a freshly lit cig too . I just don't like the smell of someone after they've had a cig!

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    I like the smell of a freshly lit cig too . I just don't like the smell of someone after they've had a cig!
    Yep. Makes me wonder how the heck my never-smoker wife put up with me for the 30-some years we were together while I was smoking.

6steelstrings

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 14, 2014
    North Carolina Triad
    It may not be a bad thing to give in to a craving. I say this because after vaping for several months to a year I lit up a cigarette. I thought that I would enjoy it but much to my surprise it tasted nasty. I couldn't even finish it. I haven't had another since then nor have I had a craving for one. When I am close to a smoker I can smell that nasty stale cigarette smell on their clothes and it turns my stomach. I can't say how you or anyone else will react if you give in to the craving, but for me it just reinforced the feeling that I am so glad I gave the stinkies up for good.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 12, 2016
    California
    It may not be a bad thing to give in to a craving. I say this because after vaping for several months to a year I lit up a cigarette. I thought that I would enjoy it but much to my surprise it tasted nasty. I couldn't even finish it. I haven't had another since then nor have I had a craving for one. When I am close to a smoker I can smell that nasty stale cigarette smell on their clothes and it turns my stomach. I can't say how you or anyone else will react if you give in to the craving, but for me it just reinforced the feeling that I am so glad I gave the stinkies up for good.

I cheated back in October. Took two drags and put it out, as it tasted awful

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread