Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Up to date, the only way to create "clouds of vapor" is by using a wick and coil.

The ultrasonic transducers that are commercially available right now are the weak ones that you commonly see in household nebulizers. Those wispy vapor machines used for aroma therapy.

But an ultra-powerful one will revolutionize vaping and will eliminate the need for a wick and coil. Effectively making everything that we use now ...obsolete.

I foresee potential problems with extremely powerful ultrasonic anything; it's known that subsonics have an impact on the brain, inducing fear; if subsonics can do that, what can ultrasonics do? I agree, the ones commercially available right now are very weak, but we really have no idea what much stronger ultrasonics might do to us, physiologically speaking, and it bears looking into before being introduced widely. Sounds do have an effect on humans, and clearly, even sounds that we don't actually hear -- subsonics can be felt, sometimes, but not strictly "heard".

Andria

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
To me, the wick and coil is the limiter of innovation with vaping gear.

We're limited to round tanks because of the wick n coil.

Remove that limitation and mods, tanks, internal batteries will radically transform.

Ultrasonic is the future, cuz we'll see some of the coolest inventions yet! :)

Reactions: FringeChief68

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
I foresee potential problems with extremely powerful ultrasonic anything; it's known that subsonics have an impact on the brain, inducing fear; if subsonics can do that, what can ultrasonics do?

I'm certainly no expert in the field, but it not a new invention.

Hon Lik was a Pharmacist, he created the Ruyan V8.

Plus, the nebulizer isn't new either. Asthmatics use them often for taking their liquid medications, so it's clearly not harmful to humans.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
I foresee potential problems with extremely powerful ultrasonic anything; it's known that subsonics have an impact on the brain, inducing fear; if subsonics can do that, what can ultrasonics do? I agree, the ones commercially available right now are very weak, but we really have no idea what much stronger ultrasonics might do to us, physiologically speaking, and it bears looking into before being introduced widely. Sounds do have an effect on humans, and clearly, even sounds that we don't actually hear -- subsonics can be felt, sometimes, but not strictly "heard".

Andria
Hmmmmm.....there was no warning on my Sonicare toothbrush....should I sue?

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
I might take the plunge on the Disruptor soon here. Any idea if there will be larger battery capacity in the future?
Some of the reviews I've watch said that there was plans to make bigger capacity batteries. :)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Hmmmmm.....there was no warning on my Sonicare toothbrush....should I sue?

As I said... all ultrasonic devices now commercially-available are very weak; it's completely unknown what more-powerful ultrasonics might do.

Andria

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Sounds do have an effect on humans, and clearly, even sounds that we don't actually hear -- subsonics can be felt, sometimes, but not strictly "heard".

20130107-145523.jpg

Could explain why I'm hard of hearing now..... :D

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Well if China bans e-cigs and the FDA bans/regulates them, then we all might be on here talking about what flashlight is the easiest to make into a mod :laugh::facepalm:

Some parts of China are in fact banned now. I'd have to check again but Shenzhen may be one of them?

Innokin_Mike or Ash would know...

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Well if China bans e-cigs and the FDA bans/regulates them, then we all might be on here talking about what flashlight is the easiest to make into a mod :laugh::facepalm:

Probably on a forum called "Flashlight Underground" or something. ;)

Andria

DanJiblets

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
Shorewood, IL
I remember seeing a pic of the Disruptor side by side with a couple other mods. I'd really like to see that if anyone knows where it is. I'm really torn between this or another Coolfire 4. I'm leaning toward the Disruptor just because it's new and cool I guess, but I know I love the CF4 already.

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East

Actually...I would rather enjoy that. Cuz that's when modding was really fun and exciting.

When we knew that there wasn't anything better available.

So what might be considered as 'junk' or 'obsolete' today...would once again be welcomed by all. :)

Reactions: hittman

Shekinahsgroom

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
South East
Where did you hear that at? :?:

Been that way since Hon Lik's days.

I'd have to look at which provinces are banned, but yea....they banned them the moment that their government saw a threat to their tobacco industry.

There's 300 million smokers in China.

I'm pretty sure that it's illegal to vape in Shenzhen, but I'd have to check to be sure.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Been that way since Hon Lik's days.

I'd have to look at which provinces are banned, but yea....they banned them the moment that their government saw a threat to their tobacco industry.

There's 300 million smokers in China.

I'm pretty sure that it's illegal to vape in Shenzhen, but I'd have to check to be sure.

That's really hysterically funny... The guy who invented the modern version is chinese... and at least half of everything vape-related is MADE in china... but they ban them to their own people. :lol:

Andria

Reactions: FringeChief68

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
I remember seeing a pic of the Disruptor side by side with a couple other mods. I'd really like to see that if anyone knows where it is. I'm really torn between this or another Coolfire 4. I'm leaning toward the Disruptor just because it's new and cool I guess, but I know I love the CF4 already.
Here is one by a iStick :)

That is going to be gorgeous. I can't wait to see yours! Here is a picture of the Amethyst Coolfire 4 next to the Disrupter. :)
View attachment 475744

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread