• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hurricane Irma

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Thank you [emoji173]️

This may be my first real live hurricane but I've been following their aftermaths for years…and the dire straights so many people are in afterwards. Floridians may KNOW what to do but that doesn't mean they are ABLE to do it.

And of course I worry when so many people have lost their homes, their jobs (because they're so damaged too) and have no way to get back on their feet.
Ok. I have every bit of empathy, sympathy, care, & concern for every person, & community effected by any storm, anywhere. I've been preparing, enduring & surviving hurricanes for +40 years. And immersed in volunteering in the aftermath. Most recently Hurricane Harvey. I'm completely surrounded by everything in your statement. We pick ourselves up & do what must be done.

From Alvin, TX. I'm out.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
In the greatest adversities and tragedies, we as a nation and as humans come together to help our fellow man. Even though we aren't on the front lines helping physically, we donate our money and items to help those that have lost so much. Electric companies from around the nation have traveled to distant places to help get power restored.

We do persevere through these trying times. The lives that are lost are the ones I mourn.

We that survive do get back up and continue in time. It does take time.

There will be more tragedies, man made or weather related. Each one brings more knowledge on how to proceed in a different way to try to minimize human loss.

There is a stubbornness in our soul to keep on going. And we do.

:nun:
Amen.

Sent from my LG-V700 using Tapatalk

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
    I just found this,sorry folks but it might be time to start thinking about another one :(

upload_2017-10-4_13-46-40.png
    upload_2017-10-4_13-46-40.png

Robino1

Resting in Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Treasure Coast, Florida

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    I've been following that storm on a weather site. Has it been upgraded yet? I need to get back to that thread but usually only read that site in the evenings.

From the looks of the chart they think it will be when it gets out over open water,might be a good day for shopping before people start panic shopping if you need some stuff :2c:

Robino1

Resting in Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    From the looks of the chart they think it will be when it gets out over open water,might be a good day for shopping before people start panic shopping if you need some stuff :2c:

We still have stuff from Irma. We have been getting crazy rains and wind from that tropical depression that rolled through here the last few days. Our pool is on the verge of over flowing. LOL I think we need to drain some water out.

oldbikeguy

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    We still have stuff from Irma. We have been getting crazy rains and wind from that tropical depression that rolled through here the last few days. Our pool is on the verge of over flowing. LOL I think we need to drain some water out.

I got an inch here last night and the wind tore up my watch for motorcycles sign :(

Robino1

Resting in Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    Check your water chemistry so it doesn't turn green too :2c:

We have a pool service that comes once a week. We figured better to have that then have to take the water to a place to analyze it. Need to prove that we have taken care of the pool in case anything comes up while under that year warranty.

We like not having to worry about any of the chemicals so we will continue using them after the warranty period is up. :)

angelphyre

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 9, 2013
    MS Gulf Coast/NOLA
    Nate switched its path a bit more west. If it stays on thid track, it now it looks like it will be a cat 1 or 2 when it hits SE LA/SW MS :(

View attachment 690875
    Yep, that puts me squarely in it's path...and since one of my sons is actually named Nate, I can almost guarantee it will hit here! :p:laugh:...Seriously, we are keeping an eye on it and preparing for possible hit on Sunday...not very happy about that probability.

Splatnext

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 30, 2013
    near the beach
    They just picked up a partial load of our storm debris :thumb:, since it is getting dark sooner I doubt they will be back tonight, hoping they will pick up where there crew left of this evening.Our neighbor across the street looked very pleased his curb is clear.:p

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2016
    Florida
    Yep, that puts me squarely in it's path...and since one of my sons is actually named Nate, I can almost guarantee it will hit here! :p:laugh:...Seriously, we are keeping an eye on it and preparing for possible hit on Sunday...not very happy about that probability.
    I don't like reading that. I hope it weakens down before it hits land.

We will be driving from north Ohio back to Florida Sunday and Monday.. Guess we will be driving through some nasty weather at some point.
    I hope you have a safe trip. No fun driving in rsin and wind long distance.

They just picked up a partial load of our storm debris :thumb:, since it is getting dark sooner I doubt they will be back tonight, hoping they will pick up where there crew left of this evening.Our neighbor across the street looked very pleased his curb is clear.:p
    None of ours has been picked up yet. But that's ok because there are homes that have construction debris piled high at their curbs so they come first.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread