• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Hurricane Irma

Status
Not open for further replies.

puffon

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    I hope so too. Did you read that there was a great deal of damage to the coral reefs too. Wildlife gets hit hard when disasters happen.
    That's a shame, the reefs take many years to recover. I'll never forget snorkeling off Big Pine Key, and seeing a 10' shark pass about 25' below.
    This is the rental we stayed in at Big Pine Key Fisherman's Lodge, this is it after Irma:
    upload_2017-9-28_9-25-29.jpeg

Last edited:

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2016
    Florida
    That's a shame, the reefs take many years to recover. I'll never forget snorkeling off Big Pine Key, and seeing a 10' shark pass about 25' below.
    This is the rental we stayed in at Big Pine Key Fisherman's Lodge, post Irma:
    View attachment 688859
    Don't you mean pre Irma?

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2016
    Florida
    Looks more like post (after) Irma than pre (before) Irma to me. Bet it was a nice little single wide before Irma had her way.
    The photo is obviously post Irma but he said "This is the rental we stayed in at Big Pine Key Fisherman's Lodge, after Irma". I sort of doubted they stayed in it the way it looks.That's what confused me. LOL

clnire

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2013
    Florida
    The photo is obviously post Irma but he said "This is the rental we stayed in at Big Pine Key Fisherman's Lodge, after Irma". I sort of doubted they stayed in it the way it looks.That's what confused me. LOL
    My sincere apologies, I misunderstood too. Been kinda cranky with misc nerve pain and did NOT! mean to take it out on you. Luv you my friend :wub:

Kenna

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 14, 2014
    Texas, USA
    My sincere apologies, I misunderstood too. Been kinda cranky with misc nerve pain and did NOT! mean to take it out on you. Luv you my friend :wub:
    Awww! I'm so sorry you are dealing with nerve pain! How is your thumb healing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2016
    Florida
    No sweat, you didn't sweetie :wub: and I hope you feel better soon.

BTW can anyone tell me how to "like" posts these days. I tried tapping on the "like" hand but nada. And if no one has liked a post yet there is no like and no like hand. :?:

clnire

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 15, 2013
    Florida
    Awww! I'm so sorry you are dealing with nerve pain! How is your thumb healing?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    It's nerve pain from healing. Sudden, stabbing, jolting shots of pain through my thumb or up my arm. Nothing to really do about it except my beloved heating pad and gritting my teeth. In time it will (better!) pass.

My like button disappeared! Worked earlier tonight. Oh well, I know the site is being worked on so probably just a glitch. It too shall pass ;)

Uncle

Resting In Peace
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 15, 2011
    I don't mind change for a reason. But if it ain't broke why fix it?

Actually @Oliver is adding "your" suggestion of additional "Like" options to the new theme . . . Be patient "Like" will be back with some others too . . . Just Sayin' . . . ;)

Bea-FL

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 7, 2016
    Florida
    I am not a happy camper :(. For the past week either our wifi or cable connections or both keep going out. ATT says there is damage somewhere ??? and that several of their customers experience the same issues and it's all due to damage to lines and equipment and ??? caused during Irma. And they cannot come out and check our equipment (in case Irma damaged something in it) until Monday because they are so backed up.

Like I said…not a happy camper :mad:

Ok, venting done :p

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Lovely.
    1. Surface observations and coastal radar data indicate that an area
    of low pressure has developed near the northeastern coast of the
    Florida Peninsula between Daytona Beach and St. Augustine, and that
    winds to near gale-force are occurring to the north of the center.

Guess where I am? Yep. Between Daytona Beach and St. Augustine. It's :censored: nasty outside and the ocean looks angry!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread