I Need Immediate Assistance on Battery choices for RX200s and Kbox 160

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
San Fernando Valley, So-Cal
Hey guys, I just ordered an RX200s and the New Kbox160 along with a Crown V1 and RBA kit and was wondering what batteries would be best suited for me. I usually vape between 30 and 40watts with my toptank but I want the option to move up to bigger and better RTAs and rda's in the future. I just want a good balance of battery life and amp draw. I highly doubt I'm going to be vaping above 150 to be honest but like I said that all may change once I get into RDA's.

I'm assuming 20amp LG HG2's should be ok for the Kbox? But I should look for a 30amp for the RX200s or are the HG2's just fine? I also think Kanger suggested 30amp cells for their new Kbox and Dripbox160 since they use the same chip apparently?

Right now I just need to know what ones to get for each as I'm going to need a total of 10 for both mods.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
HG2's are fine at that wattage and have better battery life. Higher Amp batteries die faster.

The fact that you are using mods with multiple batteries gives you certain advantages in battery life and ability to handle low coil builds if you decide to go there. Just make sure you buy genuine batteries from a reputable supplier and you're golden.

T

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I use LG HG2's in my RX200. I also vape between 30 and 40 watts. I get 1 1/2 - 2 days per charge, but I'm a chain vaper nowadays.

Be aware that multiple vendors have been reported to be selling fake/counterfeit LG HG2's. Buy from reputable vendors like RTD Vapor, Illumn., IMR Batteries, or Orbtronics.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
Hello @Just Want To Quit :) as posted above the HG2's should be fine, you could also try samsung 25r's or for a 30a batt but alot less mah the sony VTC4's, and as stated above make sure you get authentic batts from a reliable supplier, Happy Vaping!
The vtc4 is indeed a good battery, but it's not 30 amps.

Sent from my M7_PLUS using Tapatalk

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
The vtc4 is indeed a good battery, but it's not 30 amps.
:thumb:

Sony VTC4 2000mAh 18650 Retest Results...a great 23A 2100mAh battery

"Bottom Line
This is a hard hitting 23A continuous battery that exceeds its 2000mAh rating. They were purchased from
www.illumn.com and are are identical in appearance and performance to genuine VTC4's. They run much too hot to be rated at 30A continuous but their temperature at 23A is the same as the VTC3 and VTC5 at their ratings. The VTC4 hits harder than the LG HB series of batteries but it runs hotter. Can you vape with it at 30A? Of course! It can be pulsed at up to about 50A before its voltage gets uselessly low." -- Battery Mooch

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
I use LG HG2's in my RX200. I also vape between 30 and 40 watts. I get 1 1/2 - 2 days per charge, but I'm a chain vaper nowadays.

Be aware that multiple vendors have been reported to be selling fake/counterfeit LG HG2's. Buy from reputable vendors like RTD Vapor, Illumn., IMR Batteries, or Orbtronics.

Thanks for the heads up on those fake batteries! And thank you for directing me towards Mooch's blog the other day in another thread! I also checked out your blog.. and your explanation of Ohms law is quite simply the best explanation I've ever seen! :thumb: Had I checked out your blog first, it wouldn't have took me 2 weeks to wrap my head around it!

I bought 6 LG HG2's from Orbtronic but I did get 4 of them through MVS with my Kbox160. I hope these are legit.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
@Baditude @KenD i stand corrected then, i was sure i read on one of baditudes or maybe mooches posts that the vtc4 was the only true 30a batt maybe i read it wrong sorry all :facepalm:
To be clear and honest, at one point in the past, I did indeed write that the Sony VTC4 was a 30 amp battery. At that point in time, all we had to go on was word of mouth by so-called experts and vendors. Then Mooch did his bench testing and we found that it is just a 23 amp continuous battery. I now state that it is a 23 amp continuous battery.

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
Just got my Kbox160 in the mail but not the RX200s yet. I noticed that in the instructions Kanger specifically says in chinglish, "The cell output should best discharge at 30A or above". What's funny is I even asked Kanger on their FB page and they said the LG HG2's would be perfect for the Kbox160 just like you guys have told me.

I'm just scratching my head at how many times Kanger has contradicted themselves.. Not only with this info but even the wattage ranges printed on their coils. Just to clarify, I will be able to bring this to the full 160watts on these two 20amp 3.7volt LG HG2's correct?

Edit: One last question...

Regarding the battery rotation with both the KBox and RX200s... In the Kbox160, I understand I keep the same pair in the mod to discharge and use the same pair to charge. But is it necessary to rotate what slots each battery goes in with each married pair? I have 2 sets for the Kbox160 labeled (K1) and (K2). In my K1 pair.. (both batteries labled K1) do I actually rotate what battery goes in what slot position as well? Or is this not really necessary in mods that run their batteries in series??

As for the RX200s woud I need to rotate all 3 battery positions and what slots that go in or is that not necessary? Should I just keep each of the 3 batteries in their respective slot everytime?

Thanks fellas!

Last edited:

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
Can anyone let me know if I should be rotating which battery goes in what slot every time in each of my two sets of married batteries for each device? Or does this not matter?

The two married sets of 3 for the the RX and the two married sets of 2 for the Kbox is what I'm referring to here.

Sorry for the questions, it's just that these are my first multi cell APV's.
Thanks!

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Old thread, but I bought a triplet of Sony VTC4's from RTDVapor for my new RX200S. on first charge it looks like I'll get less than 2 days out of the three Sony batts. I started vaping at 8W last night about 7pm and put it down at midnight. I've vaped this morning for about 3 hours and the display is showing 1/4 battery left. I'll let the batteries go through several charges before deciding that this is going to be my vape time for these batts.

It looks like vape time is going to be somewhere in the same range as my dual 18650 Smok Koopor Plus 200w. The amp display is showing about 2.1A/ when I vape at 8W/3.6V and 1.6 ohms.

I like the feel of the fatter mod body on the RS200S. The wider footprint keeps it from being top heavy and falling over easy with a SS Kayfun on top. Some of my thinner mods tip at a touch when you go to pick it up.

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
I forgot about this thread myself! But nevertheless thanks for replying guys! So it's not so much of a big deal to not swap cell positions? The reason being is because I only have that grey battery sticker on one of the cells.. the one that fits on the outside. I tend to use the same cell in the same slot due to the sticker and the battery venting slot.

In the end, I'll still swap slots from time to time when I think of it if thats ok. Since moving up from a Toptank to a Crown V.1.. I find myself charging these much more often after moving from an average of 30 to 40 watts to what is now 65 to 100 watts and all.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've been checking my RX200S for battery voltage accuracy and it's definitely not reading the correct voltage for the three batteries. It's close, but off by a significant percentage every time I compare with a meter.

I just compared again. The RX200S reads:

My Fluke Clone meter (that matches readings with my Simpson digital) reads:

It's always the same. The middle reading is low. The meter reads them all to be matched. The diagnostic reading from the RX200S always shows the middle battery to be lower than the other two. Go figure. It's supposed to monitor battery voltage and notify you if there are mismatches in voltage. The range must have quite a bit of latitude.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread