If I needed one more reason to quit smoking, this would be it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fyreffect

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
NC, USA
myworld.ebay.com
Before I quit, I used to smoke in my room but with the window open to help ventilate.

Fast forward a couple years later since I built this desktop computer, and today it started freezing randomly. The cause turned out to be overheating due to clogged fans. For those who question the health benefits of vaping, this is what came out of the front fan on my PC after 2 years of smoking:

MvOLnM8.jpg

The larger rear fan was even worse...

I was one of those folks who always said "hah, I'm not that dirty" or "nope, cigarette smoke couldn't build up like that". Suddenly here I am looking at a computer full of clogged up parts, wondering how I'm not dead or hospitalized already. Now, I'm more dedicated than at any point in my life to never, ever pick up those god-forsaken smokes again.

Last edited:

JonnyRoBato

Verified Member
Sep 18, 2012
Idaho
Smoking did the same thing to my PC.........and walls, and windows and everything else in the house. vaping has never done that. However I do live in a dusty area and still have dust on everything, but it is not glued in with a layer of tar like when I smoked. PC's are much cleaner as well as everything else. Not smoking around PC fans make them last a lot longer that is for sure. :vapor:

Fyreffect

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
NC, USA
myworld.ebay.com
A lot of that dust/dirt is environmental. City air isn't exactly the cleanest. It will smell funny in a smoking environment though.

Some of it is definitely environmental, true. Now that I'm off the smokes though, I'm smelling it everywhere. Clothes in the closet, my area rug, my mattress... it's everywhere, so I have no doubt a lot of this is smoking gunk. That and I have a lot of late Spring Cleaning to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread