Indiana Call to Action - Stop the Monopoly

Status
Not open for further replies.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
It says bring back over state lines for personal use only is permissible.

Please don't wave such a bottle in the face of am ATC agent.
So all they've really accomplished is to crush their own local businesses an piss of a LOT of people. If this was the situation in Michigan I'd plan a trip, have product held at some place that would receive and hold for me, and do some site seeing on the way home (while staying close to the car and it's precious cargo of course).

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Looks to me like this is a way for them to try to force Indiana residents to buy only from the six. So many live to far from any state line, it would be economically unfeasible to cross state lines to avoid having to buy from the six. This legislation has nothing to do with Hoosier or product safety.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
Looks to me like this is a way for them to try to force Indiana residents to buy only from the six. So many live to far from any state line, it would be economically unfeasible to cross state lines to avoid having to buy from the six. This legislation has nothing to do with Hoosier or product safety.

I swear this makes me more and more mad about this than anything. You are 100% correct!!! And what safety?????? Where are their studies that its unsafe to begin with? It's nothing but a monopoly and they know it. I don't even know who the six vendors are....who are the "supposed safe six"???

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
You'll have to prove it in court defending yourself against the infraction fine. That will be after the fight to get a court date.

Again don't wave such a bottle in the face of an ATC agent. They range from great people to insufferable .......

Do they all wear those jackets with the big ATC letters on the back? :p

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA

Like medical *cough*, it eases transportation and possession under prohibition. It will help a black market to thrive.

Reactions: pennysmalls

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
Husband and I were talking tonite and he told me something I didn't know before,
and it reminded me of Indiana and their new vaping laws. He does a lot of work
for a local lodge, and he told me tonite that the lodge and all the bars in the state
can only buy their alcohol from about four places in the state. In other words, if
Wal-Mart is having a sale on vodka they cannot go down there, buy the vodka, and
resell at the bar at the lodge. If they get caught doing that their alcohol license
would be in jeopardy. Occasionally there is an issue when they accidentally run
out of something but not putting on a public forum their workaround to that, ha.
I will say those that had the idea to buy juice from the approved vendors just
to have a bottle to put their diy stuff in is a brilliant idea.:thumbs: The bottles sold
by the approved vendors are a bottle that holds an amount not sold in retail stores.
Can't remember specifics - like one is a quart, one is a liter type of thing. Plus there's
a stamp on all the bottles.
I had no idea this kind of crap was going on, and just wanted to let everyone know
Indiana is not unique with this stupid vaping law. Politicians are getting paid off
everywhere. PLEASE VOTE!

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Yesterday the ATC reversed itself

...."However, in light of the two reasonable interpretations of that statutory provision and that the ATC’s published inconsistent directives on that topic the ISEP will extend a period of educational enforcement for 60 days beginning June 30, 2016. During that time you will be allowed to sell or remove from your shelves non-compliant product that was manufactured after July 1, 2015 and before June 30, 2016"...

Hoosier Vapers has told the ATC in multiple public meetings that liquids produced between July 2015 and July 2016 are excluded from the law. In those same meetings ATC maintained all liquid must meet the manufacturing requirements as of July 1st 2016. Now that vape shops have taken losses moving perfectly good juice off their shelves, and 2 weeks after the ATC deadline, they change their minds.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Oh, and mcol, the original bill was worded a bit more like indiana's "beer baron" law. A 3 tiered system that separates manufacturing from distribution from retailers and the 3 shall not be the same entity.

So bars and stores may only buy from distributors, people may only buy from bars or stores and manufacturers may only sell to distributors. Distributors may have a beer only, a wine only, a beer and wine only, or a liquor only license and each license includes a protected territory. The 21st amendment included wording to allow each state to do whatever it wanted with alcohol laws, so there are some pretty lunatic laws. (this was done to make passage of the amendment more likely because some states where still very big on prohibition)

The ATC posted the changes towards retailers late last night. Vape shop owners are even more ...... that they lost big money complying while convince stores got a pass by doing nothing but having a powerful lobbying effect that can change laws after the implementation date.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
There was no released statement concerning the signing of the bill.

He did not react to the protests against it except for the usual form letter either.

We didn't expect him to make a statement at the time either. His party controls both chambers so it's pretty much rubber stamping whatever is set on his desk.

The Libertarian party is the only political group that has supported vapers from day one and L party members attended all our rallies. The D's and R's can be friends or enemies depending on which way the wind is blowing at the moment. Sometimes both at once.

LittleBird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 7, 2014
East Coast, USA
There was no released statement concerning the signing of the bill.

He did not react to the protests against it except for the usual form letter either.

We didn't expect him to make a statement at the time either. His party controls both chambers so it's pretty much rubber stamping whatever is set on his desk.

The Libertarian party is the only political group that has supported vapers from day one and L party members attended all our rallies. The D's and R's can be friends or enemies depending on which way the wind is blowing at the moment. Sometimes both at once.
Appreciate the response. Not quite what I hoped to hear... Thanks.

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
The only time some stuff is discussed is at the Silver Bullet in Beech Grove the third Saturday of each month from 4pm to 8pm. (that's in 2 days for those that have the method and the means to be there)

I know someone there has been sitting in the gallery for the federal Goodcat case. Some others are plaintiffs in the state lawsuit filed by HV. Some sit on the board of directors for HV. One guy is known to be freer with his thoughts after some Makers Mark, on the rocks...

See? I'm just brimming with stuff folks don't want to hear!

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
BT with prefilled products gets a free pass. This is only regarding e-liquid for open systems.

Not in Arkansas. Anything that is hardware with eliquid attached is banned from online ordering.

Any hardware that does not have eliquid in it or attached to it is totally legal to order from wherever you want.

I can't order anything from NJOY, like NJOY Daily, here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread