Status
Not open for further replies.

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
Hooser Vapers Is live on FB now, Indiana received an injunction for vape stores on their court case!

:thumbs:
I have to go to bed, I have to get up at 5 am but now I'm all excited!!! Haha, I'm more than ok about losing sleep over this! :headbang::banana:

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2012
Ohio
Hopefully by the time I wake up tomorrow there will be something in print somewhere. All I saw was small talk about movies, leaky tanks and other meaningless things.

Me too. I just happened to catch it early on, later @Robino1 and I both asked him for a recap but he was going like a mile a minute LOL and I don't blame him really he was so happy, they have been fighting so hard and still have a long road to go.

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
Me too. I just happened to catch it early on, later @Robino1 and I both asked him for a recap but he was going like a mile a minute LOL and I don't blame him really he was so happy, they have been fighting so hard and still have a long road to go.
I kept asking and figured that he wasn't going to see it so I hopped off for just a damn second, I swear!, and when I came back he was just saying "there's your synopsis"

I missed it :cry:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
The judge's ruling only applies to Goodcat.....but the reasoning for the ruling can be used by other out of state producers in other lawsuits.

We have some work to do to turn this into help for the Hoosier producers, but it is the first ..... in the armor of corruption to be exposed. The judge had some interesting things to say about the security company.... I really have to read that section again, then have a lawyer explain it to me to full comprehend what it actually says.

There is some BS in the ruling, but overall it's a huge relief to finally have a win.

squee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Central CT
ORDER granting GoodCat's 9 Motion for Preliminary Injunction. The court hereby ENJOINS the ATC from enforcing Indiana Code §§ 7.1-7-2-14, 7.1-7-2-22(3)(B), and 7.1-7-4-1(d) against GoodCat. The court further ORDERS the ATC to issue GoodCat a manufacturing permit until GoodCat's claims reach final disposition. Signed by Judge Richard L. Young on 8/19/2016. (TMD)

Link to pdf of complete ruling, if anyone wants to read :) ORDER granting GoodCat's 9 Motion for Preliminary Injunction for GOODCAT, LLC v. COOK et al :: Justia Dockets & Filings

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
ORDER granting GoodCat's 9 Motion for Preliminary Injunction. The court hereby ENJOINS the ATC from enforcing Indiana Code §§ 7.1-7-2-14, 7.1-7-2-22(3)(B), and 7.1-7-4-1(d) against GoodCat. The court further ORDERS the ATC to issue GoodCat a manufacturing permit until GoodCat's claims reach final disposition. Signed by Judge Richard L. Young on 8/19/2016. (TMD)

Link to pdf of complete ruling, if anyone wants to read :) ORDER granting GoodCat's 9 Motion for Preliminary Injunction for GOODCAT, LLC v. COOK et al :: Justia Dockets & Filings
Thank you.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Here is a Classic from the Judges Ruling...

26. Although the Act requires that an eligible security firm have employed a certified

Rolling Steel Fire Door Technician for at least a year, the Act does not require an e-liquid

manufacturer to have rolling steel fire doors in its facility. (Hr’g Tr. at 64:10–16).

27. Defendants have no position on how a rolling steel fire door protects against

tampering or adulteration of e-liquid during the manufacturing process. (Stipulated Facts

¶ 11).

https://cases.justia.com/federal/di...ce/1:2016cv01514/66209/54/0.pdf?ts=1471684646

:lol:

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011

Thank you. :)

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Here is a Classic from the Judges Ruling...

26. Although the Act requires that an eligible security firm have employed a certified

Rolling Steel Fire Door Technician for at least a year, the Act does not require an e-liquid

manufacturer to have rolling steel fire doors in its facility. (Hr’g Tr. at 64:10–16).

27. Defendants have no position on how a rolling steel fire door protects against

tampering or adulteration of e-liquid during the manufacturing process. (Stipulated Facts

¶ 11).

https://cases.justia.com/federal/di...ce/1:2016cv01514/66209/54/0.pdf?ts=1471684646

:lol:

:rolleyes:o_O

Reactions: zoiDman

charly1954

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Logan, Indiana
Tk God someone(the judge) has realized that some of our politicains and a vaper company is trying to monopolize the vaper industry in Indiana. What happen to free interstate trade?

It is sad that corrupt politicains, that where voted in by honest voters, are paid off by this "ONE" vaper company to ruin small mom/pop vaper shops

Reactions: AngiBe

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Can't say that I am too broken up on hearing this.

FBI looking for foul play in creation of Indiana vaping law

In Fact. I have a BIG Fat Grin on my Face.

:D

From the article:

“The state contends that decisions about how to regulate the businesses that manufacture the chemicals used in e-cigarettes ought to be made by the people’s elected representatives in the legislature

So, by extension, no food or drink should come across the State line without legislative approval???

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
This is kinda a Long Read. But Very Interesting...

Trail of meetings

So how did one Lafayette company gain control over Indiana’s entire vaping industry?

The answer is murky, though the company had a number of advocates along the way, including one attorney who previously worked for the Indiana Alcohol and Tobacco Commission, the agency charged with implementing the law.

Before the 2015 law passed, the ATC started meeting with lobbyist Jim Purucker and attorney Jack Thar. ATC General Counsel Jessica Allen said in a deposition the meetings began when it was “clear we were getting some form of e-liquid regulation.” At the time, the men were representing Indiana Vapor Co., a company that hoped to manufacture and sell e-liquids.

The deposition is part of a federal lawsuit by manufacturers that are trying to block the law. The state also is being sued in state court, although a judge
recently ruled against the plaintiffs’ request for an injunction to stop the law from taking effect.

Thar and Purucker “wanted to meet with us to offer their assistance on rule-drafting,” Allen said in the transcript of the deposition.

On May 7, 2015, the date the first vaping legislation was signed into law by Gov. Mike Pence, the ATC had another meeting with Thar, where he suggested the agency “designate a certain security company to help manufacturers comply with the statute.”

Then in July 2015, Allen said, the ATC learned that Mulhaupt’s thought it could meet the law’s requirements. Allen said the ATC was approached by one of the agency’s former prosecutors, Jennifer Drewry,who had begun representing Mulhaupt’s as its lawyer. Drewry left the ATC in January 2014, according to the agency.

The ATC toured Mulhaupt’s Indianapolis location in August 2015 and shared in late September with vaping industry members that Mulhaupt’s met the law’s security firm requirements.

The ATC was contacted by “two or three” security companies besides Mulhaupt’s, Allen said in the deposition, but when she “would start listing the requirements for the security company … that was basically the end of the conversation.”

Later in 2015, the ATC grew concerned Mulhaupt’s might not actually meet every requirement in the law.

So Mulhaupt’s then hired Thar, the former executive director of the Indiana Gaming Commission who had already been working with the ATC on the rules. Thar said he was charged with helping the company meet the requirements by “clearing up” the bill in the Legislature.

With Thar’s help, Mulhaupt’s won the changes it wanted from the Legislature.

E-cigarette players fume over favored security firm | 2016-06-18 | Indianapolis Business Journal | IBJ.com

Hoosier

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Indiana
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread