Status
Not open for further replies.

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
I'm really, really hoping that anyone who tries one of these will share the review with all of us. I'm very intrigued, and may have to order one. If they sell well, I may be able to wait for the colors.
I'll be happy to share, but I'm a greenhorn! I like the 78mm Volts, just looking for more battery life. I'll be glad to tell you what I think, FWIW.

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Have these been tested, extensively? I know they are regulated like the other batteries, so they shouldn't go "boom" on me when I hit the switch, right? Maybe I'm just being paranoid. :-/
I kinda remember Imagine saying that they were undergoing extensive testing, when she first mentioned them in the Chat thread. Let's see if I can find that...BRB...

Amethyst_Star

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Southern Wisconsin
www.facebook.com
Thanks, Cindycated! I was chatting with my cousin about the recent ecig explosion in FL and he kind of got me all paranoid because he said it looked like an eGo-type battery, which these kind of do look like. I kept trying to tell him it was a mod of some sort. :-/

I kinda remember Imagine saying that they were undergoing extensive testing, when she first mentioned them in the Chat thread. Let's see if I can find that...BRB...

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Thanks, Cindycated! I was chatting with my cousin about the recent ecig explosion in FL and he kind of got me all paranoid because he said it looked like an eGo-type battery, which these kind of do look like. I kept trying to tell him it was a mod of some sort. :-/
Had to have been a mod. How's a carto gonna go flying into the idiot's throat when it's securely screwed into a fully sealed battery? I guess when you're piecing miscellaneous pieces together, you could come out with a rocket launcher, but these look pretty solid to me. :laugh:

Here's Imagine's first announcement:
in fairness I should mention we have a new battery option in stock that we are testing extensively before we put it up for sale. We built these units from the ground up and are custom VOLT (no one else has these). They are not a "new innovation" but the internals are built specifically for us by our factory for the VOLT cartos. They will have a removable passthrough option. (no this is not the battery mentioned from another vendor). They will be available in manual or sealed auto option.

So you may want to stay tuned for that official announcement. They will not be replacing the current VOLT line of batts.. they are an alternative...

can't say much more but you will see them sometime this week or next week.
Scary, the things my brain retains... ;)

Last edited:

marlou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 29, 2009
SW Ohio
Re cones for the VOLT MAXx

My battery just arrived in the mail. I'm using it as a passthrough and it's working great. Haven't had it long enough to report further yet.

The battery is threaded on the outside, below where the carto screws in. Just for fun I got out an eGo cone and guess what..... it fits, screwed right on. I thought it was interesting enough info to pass on.

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
any battery including your cell phone, camera, flashlight, regular AA duracell can vent, but when dealing with MOD's and stacking batteries the issue can be more dangerous when not taking the proper precautions. Anytime a battery is making noise or not acting properly you should discontinue use. The odds of this ever happening when using the proper charging equipment and accessories is very rare.

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
yes ego/vgo and echo cones should be able to thread onto the MaXx.

cones serve no purpose other then decoration/styling :)

we did not add cones to the MaXx to ensure that that current cartos can fit on them properly.

Re cones for the VOLT MAXx

My battery just arrived in the mail. I'm using it as a passthrough and it's working great. Haven't had it long enough to report further yet.

The battery is threaded on the outside, below where the carto screws in. Just for fun I got out an eGo cone and guess what..... it fits, screwed right on. I thought it was interesting enough info to pass on.

Imagine

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2011
OHIO USA
www.SmokelessImage.com
yes the blue light will go out :)

When I was using an eGo I never put the cone on, it was too much bother. The only reason I still have one is because I can't stand to throw anything away. lol (I had two cones and gave one away)

Imagine, how do I know when the VOLT MAXx is fully charged? Does the blue led go out to let you know?

cindycated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2011
San Francisco, CA
Thanks, Imagine! :)

Rave, I got the auto. It's a silver 650 mAh. That was as big as I wanted to go with it. It will be nice when I want a batt with a lot of charge time. In public I'll still prefer my small, stylish Volt slims. Ah, vanity, thy name is woman. lol
Marlou, you're just too cool! :)

And Imagine, tsk, just when I thought you were actually taking a day off! Oy! :facepalm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread