Is anyone tried eJuice without flavor ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

go_player

ECF Veteran
Mar 2, 2012
USA
Hey everybody
Do you ever vaped ejuice without flavor?
+ 80% VG (MaxVG)
+ 20% Distilled Water
+ 6mg Nicotine (PG Base)
My VG still isn't here to test it, so I want to know any body tried this kind of juice and what is taste like ?

**** Edit
and "Withouy" is new "Without", Something like "Covfefe"...

Yeah, I always keep a couple of bottles of unflavored around, 30/70 PG/VG, at a couple of different nicotine strengths. I vape it to clear my wicks between flavors, and sometimes when I am experiencing flavor overload.

The VG has a subtle sweet flavor to it, with maybe a hint of... greasiness is not the right word, but it tastes a bit fatty, if you catch my drift. It's very subtle though.

Last edited:
Reactions: eMado

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    The VG has a subtle sweet flavor to it, wth maybe a hint of... greasiness is not the right word, but it tastes a bit fatty, if you catch my drift. It's very subtle though.
    I catch your drift exactly. My unflavored base is 75/25 (according to the label anyway..) PG/VG. If I add 3% or 4% each of two flavors I like, it comes out to be around 76/24 (according to an ecigvape calc..). In my description, VG provides 'body' to the toke.

Reactions: go_player

go_player

ECF Veteran
    Mar 2, 2012
    USA
    In my description, VG provides 'body' to the toke.

Yep- VG definitely contributes to what I'd call the "mouthfeel" of juice. I'll sometimes drip straight VG between flavor tests, and it does have a slight richness to it. Maybe the power of suggestion here, but it seems to me like coconut without the coconut flavor.

go_player

ECF Veteran
    Mar 2, 2012
    USA
    I recently got some premade flavored stuff (free with postage) and wow.. that was strong! I don't know how people vape that. Even when I do flavored, I do about 10%. Those were at least 20%. I had to add vg.
    Maybe it's also because I use rdas and rtas that are known for giving the strongest flavor. I don't know.

This is a drum I've been banging a lot lately, and I don't want to be obnoxious about it, but... yeah, most juice is very, very over-flavored. Absolute percentages aren't very useful, as flavor concentrates differ a lot in strength, but from DIYing I've learned to taste what's right and wrong in this respect, and commercial juice is almost universally _very_ over-flavored, IMHO. This just wreaks havoc on your nose...

Hawise

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 25, 2013
    AB, Canada
    I recently got some premade flavored stuff (free with postage) and wow.. that was strong! I don't know how people vape that. Even when I do flavored, I do about 10%. Those were at least 20%. I had to add vg.
    Maybe it's also because I use rdas and rtas that are known for giving the strongest flavor. I don't know.

I find commercial juices very overflavoured whether I'm using my RTA or my Nautilus X. My current strategy is to order double the nic I want and dilute it 50/50 with VG/PG.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Hey everybody
    Do you ever vaped eJuice without flavor?

Unflavored is all I Vape.

But what I do is when I wick a New Coil, I prime the wick with a Flavored e-Liquid. Then Fill the Tank (or a Squonk Bottle) with Unflavored.

It is Really Amazing How Much Flavor you get from just putting 5 or 6 Drops on Flavored e-Liquid on a New Wick. Coils last a Lot Longer Also.

I do 100% Unflavored sometimes. It really has more Flavor than one would think.

eMado

ECF Veteran
    Jun 27, 2017
    Tehran
    I find commercial juices very overflavoured whether I'm using my RTA or my Nautilus X. My current strategy is to order double the nic I want and dilute it 50/50 with VG/PG.
    I'm agree too, I don't vape inside home because of my very little son, but however when my vape is on my work desk, after minute all room smell like bakery :)) and I don't like it. So I cut one dropper (bubble part) and insert into drip tip to block it :) and it works fine ;)

photo_2017-07-17_10-00-09.jpg

eMado

ECF Veteran
    Jun 27, 2017
    Tehran
    And another question,
    I make unflavored juice with MaxVG 3mg nic. And my nic is PG based.
    According to calculator now I have:
    94% VG + 6%PG + Nic
    But result is much harsher on my throat than previous commercial juice that I used with 6mg nicotine!
    So I vape VG without nic and yeah it was harsh too (but less)
    I thought when using just VG I will get a smooth silky vapor!
    Am I wrong?
    Or there is something wrong with my materials ?
    I uploaded my VG analyse sheet in this post before and my nicotine is from NicSelect.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread