It's these kind of people that are going to ruin it for all of us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcclintock

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    I felt awkward and insensitive getting on a crowded train with a delicious, smelly biscuit and sausage gravy. That's legal and probably always will be.... I think you have a right to not have to justify occasionally causing minor irritation to someone else. If for no other reason, because avoiding such situations seems to be impossible, even not considering vaping or smoking. Smoking is a very good measure of the line between minor and major irritation. It should be restricted from many indoor spaces, and some outdoor places as well.

vaping is different from cigarette smoking in that is has a lot wider range. At the top end, it is different but could be considered as annoying as smoking. At its minimum, you can't even say it looks like smoking because people don't pull cigs out of their pocket, take a little drag, and drop it back in. So it makes a difference whether the perception is that most vapers try to be courteous, or too many prefer to "assert their rights", show off, or simply don't care. Nevertheless, I think the rules will be written for the worse case, even if they're bent often. After all, vaping does show some effort to be less obnoxious, can we get a little credit too?

As to Walmart, it's the only store I ever feel an urge to vape in, guess because it feels a bit like outside.

Reactions: Jman8

snork

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 30, 2011
    CO
    In my experience the vast majority of the non-vaping public either don't care or don't understand. The ones that don't care, don't even have to think about them. The ones who don't understand whom I've come across inevitably come to the realization that it's the best thing since sliced bread after I get ahold of them. Cowering in your basement hiding your atomizer under a bushel accomplishes nothing.

DoubleTap1

Jan 6, 2015
    Seattle, WA.
    I work as an EMT and the other day we pick up this asthmatic having a severe attack. We're driving him to the hospital and he's all like "I can't breath! I'm gonna die." So anyways, it was a tense situation so I pulled out my mod and filled the back of the ambulance with a nice, mellow fog and this guy starts screaming "Stop! I can't breath already" I'm like "Dude, it's not smoke, it's vapor. Here, I'll blow some in your oxygen mask and you'll see" Well, he passes out and went into cardiac arrest. What a wang. So I put down my mod and hit him with the defibrillator and he was fine. When he woke up he wanted to sue me. He called my boss and said I was smoking in the ambulance. What a jerk.
    Lets see........you're a EMT riding with someone having an asthmatic attack and going into cardiac arrest and you're hitting on your Mod????? Smooth move! LOL

Reactions: raqball

raqball

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 22, 2010
    No one is saying you need to hide in your basement to vape.

I go to Angel stadium a lot and as far as I know, there is no rule against vaping. There is an outside area within the stadium where smokers go to light up. When I want to vape, I go there to do so. Why? Common sense!

Non smokers don't care about cigarettes and they don't care about vaping. Most don't even want to hear the discussion let alone have someone try and cram it down their throat. All they see is clouds of what they think is smoke being blown at their children. Am I going to try and educate an irate parent that's at a baseball game with his / her family?? Come on now..

It use to be that at a certain sports bar I go to every so often that you could vape, as long as you were responsible. Guess what? No more! Irresponsible vapers have taken that right away by blowing clouds into the faces of others.

Anywho, this thread is a train wreck but the bottom line is that those with a sense of entitlement have already cost responsible vapers the ability to vape in many places. They don't get it, they don't care and as stated before, it's all about them..

My .02

Last edited:

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 14, 2012
    Dayton, Ohio
    I have a word for vapers like these, and it's the same term used by a certain undesirable yet unkillable sub-sub-sub-culture. I call them Juggalos. They tend to possess the same qualities as far as social awareness goes. But since I'll never run with these types, I tend to ignore them and live and let live. Although I gotta chuckle at their gauges (the vaping Juggalos always seem to have gauges, too... And ironically, aren't vaping so as to quit smoking). I can't help but to chuckle when I imagine them trying to get a real job when their ears look like they just stretched right out of a National Geopgraphic article on sub-Saharan Africa.

caramel

Vaping Master
    Dec 23, 2014
    VAPING IS NOT A RIGHT.

There is nothing in the Constitution that guarantees you the right to vape. Vaping is a PRIVILEGE, and the fastest way you can lose a privilege is to abuse it.

Oh, c'mon, tell us how you really feel about the constitution.

Since we're at it, also tell us how smoking is infringing on other people's RIGHT to life, while death sentences don't.

Reactions: AndriaD

KathyJ

May 5, 2015
    New York
    There's a new Brick and Mortar near me-its owned and run by people who are not vapers...most of the time, its pretty empty, due to their jacked up prices- but on weekends, they seem to have a steady stream of youngsters sitting on cars and walking around in front of the other stores blowing clouds...it's embarrassing-

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Lets see........you're a EMT riding with someone having an asthmatic attack and going into cardiac arrest and you're hitting on your Mod????? Smooth move! LOL

Believe me, that's not the worst thing HauntedMyst has done. I heard he set off the fire alarm in the International Space Station when he fired up his dripper in the bathroom.

gpjoe

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 30, 2013
    Up North
    I cringe evry time I read:

"I only vape where smoking is allowed"

Well, not going to type my ususal response as I'm tired. I will say that we can't allow our actions to be dictated by uninformed people. I will NOT alter my legal behavior to make someone else feel better about their surroundings. Their uneasiness is their problem not mine.

Note to the haters: This does not include rude behavior on my part, just legal behavior.

I don't like flag burning but support the freedom to do it. I may not like some things folks have to say but support their freedom to say it. I may think open-carry enthusiasts are going to prompt more gun control when they carry a rifle onto school property, but i support their right to do it.

mauricem00

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 18, 2015
    carson city nevada
    I do vape in walmart. but I use a low power unit (e-go battery gs-h2 tank) and I do it in empty areas where I won't force others to "enjoy" my vapors. I would never use one of my higher power units in a market or restaurant out of consideration for others.I don't think what this person did is anymore offensive then the people who wear a gallon of cheap perfume in public buildings. sometimes that stuff is so strong it makes my eyes water and my throat itch. never had that problem with vaping. even in a small vape shop with a few cloud chasers fogging the place up.

skoony

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 31, 2013
    saint paul,mn,usa
    No one is saying you need to hide in your basement to vape.

I go to Angel stadium a lot and as far as I know, there is no rule against vaping. There is an outside area within the stadium where smokers go to light up. When I want to vape, I go there to do so. Why? Common sense!

Non smokers don't care about cigarettes and they don't care about vaping. Most don't even want to hear the discussion let alone have someone try and cram it down their throat. All they see is clouds of what they think is smoke being blown at their children. Am I going to try and educate an irate parent that's at a baseball game with his / her family?? Come on now..

It use to be that at a certain sports bar I go to every so often that you could vape, as long as you were responsible. Guess what? No more! Irresponsible vapers have taken that right away by blowing clouds into the faces of others.

Anywho, this thread is a train wreck but the bottom line is that those with a sense of entitlement have already cost responsible vapers the ability to vape in many places. They don't get it, they don't care and as stated before, it's all about them..

My .02
    common sense is right.
    if your at an outdoor stadium and vapor is being blown
    at the chillin',your doing it wrong.
    :2c:
    mike

caramel

Vaping Master
    Dec 23, 2014
    Believe me, that's not the worst thing HauntedMyst has done. I heard he set off the fire alarm in the International Space Station when he fired up his dripper in the bathroom.

I can vouch for that, I was a witness. Since then we have retrofitted the bathrooms with hatches and if he tries it again, we'll open the hatch and let him get sucked out like the predator in the "Aliens" movie. All in the name of "cleaning the air".

RichJr

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 20, 2015
    Boston Ma.
    I cringe evry time I read:

"I only vape where smoking is allowed"

Well, not going to type my ususal response as I'm tired. I will say that we can't allow our actions to be dictated by uninformed people. I will NOT alter my legal behavior to make someone else feel better about their surroundings. Their uneasiness is their problem not mine.

Note to the haters: This does not include rude behavior on my part, just legal behavior.

I don't like flag burning but support the freedom to do it. I may not like some things folks have to say but support their freedom to say it. I may think open-carry enthusiasts are going to prompt more gun control when they carry a rifle onto school property, but i support their right to do it.

That's the law here. It's not legal to vape in any establishment in Saugus Ma. And its 21 plus. ;)

Reactions: YoursTruli

raqball

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 22, 2010
    common sense is right.
    if your at an outdoor stadium and vapor is being blown
    at the chillin',your doing it wrong.
    :2c:
    mike

Tell that to the irate parents who see it.. Yawn!

We are not talking about stealth vaping. We are talking about someone blowing clouds inside a store..

Last edited:
    Reactions: BlueSnake

Spidey2011

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 19, 2014
    Baker, MT
    VAPING IS NOT A RIGHT.

There is nothing in the Constitution that guarantees you the right to vape. Vaping is a PRIVILEGE, and the fastest way you can lose a privilege is to abuse it.

If you think you have the right to vape anywhere you want, keep in mind that the non-vaper next to you has the right not to be exposed to your vapor. Your rights do not overrule theirs.
    They're also free to get up and move away from me. Maybe I don't want to smell the obese guy walking down the street eating a big mac after not showering for a week. Doesnt mean I can legally do anything about it.

Vaping may not be specifically protected by the Constitution, but I could make some arguments about where it could fit in.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 14, 2012
    Dayton, Ohio
    They're also free to get up and move away from me. Maybe I don't want to smell the obese guy walking down the street eating a big mac after not showering for a week. Doesnt mean I can legally do anything about it.

Vaping may not be specifically protected by the Constitution, but I could make some arguments about where it could fit in.

So as a polite adult, you'll go up to an obese guy walking down the street eating a big mac after not showering for a week and tell him to stop being fat, eating cheeseburgers, and take a shower?

But a polite adult asking you to please not vape in a non-smoking area is too much?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread